What if Flora AND Florin fought you.

Sceptilespy

A lot of people complain about the difficulty of grass leaders. I'm meh on Florin. Flora is definitely easy. But what if they fought you together with a revised team. 

Here's the field we'll be using: 

Spoiler

"Everlasting glow and glamour!"

*    Sleeping in the fairy rings is dangerous. Pokemon will take fixed
    damage per turn while asleep. (TotalHp/6)
*    Fairy type moves increase in base power by x1.5.
*    Grass type moves increase in base power by x1.5.
        Grounded Grass Pokemon restore 1/16th Max HP each turn 
*    Fairy and Grass types now hit Steel type Pokemon for Super Effective damage.
    Poison attacks deal neutral to Grass and Fairy types.
*    Dark type moves increase in base power by x1.2.
*    The following moves gain a 1.4x boost in power:
        Ice Beam, Hyper Beam, Signal Beam
        Aurora Beam, Bubblebeam, Charge Beam
        Ice Beam, Psybeam, Flash Cannon.
*    The following moves gain a 1.2x boost in power:
        Dark Pulse, MoonBlast.
*    The following moves accuracy has been increased to 95:
        Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Grasswhistle, Stun Spore.
    Nature Power becomes Dazzling Gleam.
    Secret Power may randomly inflict Sleep, Poison, or paralysis.

Ok nice. In any case, let's start. Remember Flora is defensive, or in this case, support, and Florin is the one mainly doing the damage.

Florin's 1st mon 

Lv 73 Rotom-Mow w/ Life Orb

Timid Nature

252 spe/252 spA

-Leaf Storm

-Thunderbolt

-Volt Switch

-Signal Beam

Flora's 1st mon

Lv 73 Ferrothorn w/ Rocky Helmet

252 HP/128 Def/128 Spdef

0 IVS in speed

Sassy Nature

-Leech Seed

-Power Whip

-Stealth Rocks

-Gyro Ball

Well, first off, Rotom-Mow. Leaf Storm for super powerful grass STAB with field boost. Thunderbolt to hit flying types as well as STAB. Volt Switch to get up out if needed, and to be annoying. And Signal beam to handle Grass Types and for the field boost. Ferrothorn sets up Rocks for obvious reasons. (To hurt it's weaknesses), and sets up leech seed to get healed by field AND the leech seed. I gave it Rocky helmet because field basically provides leftovers. Also, Power Whip for STAB, and Gyro ball for stab, and to cover Rotom-Mow's Ice weakness. 

Florin's 2nd mon

Lv 73 Kartana w/ Grassium Z

252 Atk/252 Spe

Jolly Nature

-Swords Dance

-Leaf Blade

-Smart strike

-Night slash

Flora's 2nd mon

Lv 73 Roserade w/ Black Sludge

Poison point

252 Spe/ 252 SpA

Timid Nature

-Toxic Spikes

-Sludge Bomb

-Giga Drain

-Spikes

First off Kartana. Shaymin-sky is a bad pokemon and I will not be friends with anyone who legitimately advocates the use of Serene grace Air slash. Jokes of course, but I actually do hate Shaymin-sky with a passion that burns hotter then Pre-nerf Orion and Charlotte. Kartana does a lot of damage and stuff. Smart strike helps cover weaknesses and what not. Night Slash covers Roserade's Psychic weakness. Smart strike ALSO beats fairy types who get a massive boost in the field. Leaf Blade with grassium Z boosted with potential swords dance just does damage lol. Next, Roserade. Gets up hazards and helps Kartana. So yeah lol. I'm feeling kinda lazy now. 

Florin's 3rd mon

Lv 74 Exeggutor w/ Sitrus Berry

252 HP/ 252 SpA

Modest Nature

Harvest

-Psychic

-Giga Drain 

-Ancient Power

-Hidden power Ice

Flora's 3rd mon

Lv 74 Gourgeist-Super w/ leftovers

252 HP/ 252 spdef

Careful Nature 

Insomnia

-Will o Wisp

-Light Screen

-Toxic

-Seed Bomb

Ugh, I don't think grass is my favorite type anymore. It's actually, like, really boring. Anyway. Exeggutor heals with harvest sitrus berry along with field heal and giga drain. It hits Fire types with ancient power and possible boost, and hp ice takes care of flying types. Simple really. Gourgeist is here to help! He already has a chunk of physical defense, so i went all out on special defense and gave him light screen. But I also give it Will o wisp to halve the opponents physical attack, effectively doubling his defense. Toxic to lower health and be annoying. And Seed bomb for strong field boosted STAB. 

Florin's 4th mon 

Lv 74 Serperior w/ leftovers

252 Spe/ 252 spA

Timid Nature

Contrary

-Leaf Storm

-Subsitute

-Dragon Pulse

-Leech seed

Flora's 4th mon 

Lv 74 Jumpluff w/ Leftovers

252 Spe/ 252 SpA

Timid nature

Infiltrator

-Sleep Powder

-Rage Powder

-Helping Hand

-Uproot (Flora/Florin's signature move. It's basically a grass acid spray)

Serp is just basic subseed set. There might be a guide on smogon. But there isn't I'll edit this and add an explanation. But in short, leech seed+lefties+field heal is cool, especially along with Leaf storm boosts and what not. The heals also help with the health lost by sub. Jumpluff is just there to draw attention and help out Serp. I think it does it's job in just allowing Serp to get up it's sub and start setting up. 

Florin's 5th mon

Lv 80 Sceptile w/ Sceptilite

252 Spe/ 252 spA

Timid Nature

-Giga Drain

-Dragon Pulse

-Focus Blast

-Leaf Storm

Flora's 5th mon

Lv 80 Venusaur w/ Venusaurite 

252 HP/ 192 Def/ 64 Spdef

Calm Nature

-Giga Drain

-Growth

-Sludge Bomb

-Leech Seed

Uh yeah. At this point, I don't think I have to explain much. But if i do i'll edit it.

Florin's 6th mon 

Lv 78 Gogoat w/ Leftovers

252 HP/ 252 Atk

Adamant nature

Sap sipper

-Bulk up

-Milk Drink

-Horn leech

-Iron Tail

Flora's 6th mon

Lv 78 Cradily w/ Iapapa Berry

252 HP/ 252 spdef

Careful Nature

Storm Drain

-Curse

-Recover

-Rock slide 

-Seed bomb

Whoops, put the megas a bit to early. Anyways, these guys set up and fight you. Rock slide on Cradily to hit ice and fire types. And Iron Tail on Gogoat hits Ice types as well as fairy types who receive a nice boost. 

Yeah sorry, i got a bit lazy with the explanations. But I just moved, and school starts this week, so I should be doing like, anything else. Idk, lemme know what you thought. I think this was good. I wanted to slip Tapu Bulu in somewhere but I limit myself to 1 legendary after the 8th gym in reborn type games. I was interested in Trevenant but I actually hate that pokemon on my everything. Like worse then Shaymin-sky. In any case, feel free to suggest a type I should like because i've decided the grass type simply isn't for me.

Edited by Sceptilespy

if we are given a partner like in the psychic gym battle, it would be fair. on your own? yeahno. also a little iffy on kartana with it being probably rarer than the average legendary pokemon but otherwise it looks good.

also wow, people complain about their difficulty? ive only battled florin so far, but I thought he was rather easy. definitely one of the easier leaders, at least.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:46 PM, TheWaddleDee said:

Which battle was that? I can't remember a battle like this in Reborn.

There's several. 

23 hours ago, Bibs said:

if we are given a partner like in the psychic gym battle, it would be fair. on your own? yeahno. also a little iffy on kartana with it being probably rarer than the average legendary pokemon but otherwise it looks good.

also wow, people complain about their difficulty? ive only battled florin so far, but I thought he was rather easy. definitely one of the easier leaders, at least.

Ya do realise that Aelita helps. If she didn't on your side then you must be fucked up.

27 minutes ago, TheWaddleDee said:

I don't remember any battles in Reborn where you're left to fend for yourself against 2 people each w/ a party of 6.

I believe that there have only been 12 pokemon battles if we have a partner with us:

Aster and Eclipse w/ Aya

Blake and Fern, Solaris and Grunt w/ Julia/Florinia

7 hours ago, Damien said:

Ya do realise that Aelita helps. If she didn't on your side then you must be fucked up.

I think thats what I said, though? my point was that without aelita, the battle against the psychic leaders would be really unfair (even with her type disadvantage), and the same would apply to florin and flora.

On 8/12/2017 at 5:12 PM, Bibs said:

Complaining about how easy it was I mean.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:39 PM, TheWaddleDee said:

I can't see how you could feasibly take 12 Pokemon on in double battle w/ just six.

I mean, in V8 of Rejuvenation you fought Eli and Sharon who had 12 Pokemon IF (Huge if) I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Sceptilespy said:

I mean, in V8 of Rejuvenation you fought Eli and Sharon who had 12 Pokemon IF (Huge if) I remember correctly.

On the mountain?

They each had 3 (their psychic moon rocks, water snakes, and Tangrowth and Rhy(don)/(perior). Don't really remember).