[GG! End]Dark Ages Mafia

sailboat

Dark Ages Mafia (3edgy5me title again)

Ahoy Mateys! Ayy, DeeEmZee, will host another mafia for you guys so that Mr. Dive can enjoy playing and have less load in his busy rl.

@Jace StormkirkI just saw your maf idea regarding fire emblem. Tis interesting but I lack knowledge about it lore wise.:c Perhaps a different host can do it ;)

I. A. INTRODUCTION

Spoiler

Unlike my previous game, this one won't be having stats based system, but it will still be unique, I assure you. The setup this time is that there will be three factions that will be fighting for supremacy: the werewolves, vampires, and townspeople. What makes this game unique is that roles are randomly distributed to each faction I mean, after all, vamps and wolves can integrate in society if they really want to ayy? [This means roles are alignment-ambiguous and most roles can be obtained by any of the factions]

I. B. OPENING NARRATIVE

Spoiler

Thunder crackled in the gloomy night and a hazy mist seemed to envelop the lonely town of Renvaille. Howls could be heard from far away, while strange bats were observed in the night sky.

The town of Renvaille was a typically quiet, serene town, but the night air seemed to be full of hostility and animosity. Perhaps it was due to the Great King's Decree on the Second Inquisition which sought to purge the supernatural creatures in all the land, most especially the vampires and werewolves who dwell among the townspeople.

The vampires and werewolves were laying in wait in the darkness. They had initially both intended to keep away from harm's way and simply lead normal lives, but the Second Inquisition threatened their safety. Both separately decided that they would destroy the town before they were found out by the townspeople. A peaceful resolution was not possible.

The townspeople, however, prepared their rakes and their hatchets. They were going to take all the evil creatures out.

II. WHAT IS MAFIA? [HOW TO PLAY THE GAME]

Spoiler

At the beginning of the game, players will receive a PM with their Role and Faction/Alignment.

There are two phases in a Mafia game:

The Day Phase, where the players will discuss about the events of the previous night and find out who is Mafia, in this case, wolves and vamps. Townspeople try to discern the faction of the other players while the wolves and vamps try to blend in and avoid being read as scum. Before the day ends, the people vote to lynch someone, however, you may abstain if you'd prefer to. If the number of people who prefer to lynch is the majority, lynching happens and the one who gets lynched is the one who gets the highest vote. To simpliy the explanation, here are some examples:

Say, we have 13 players

6/13 players wanted to lynch someone. - No Lynch will happen

7/13 players wanted to lynch someone.

*Votes are distributed in this way: A-5 B-1 C-1 = Player A will be lynched.

*Votes are A-3 B-3 C-1 = No Lynching will happen.

The Night Phase, where the thread is considered 'locked' and players cannot comment in the thread. Instead, if they have Night Actions, special abilities related to their role, they may use those to help their faction win.

The Day Phase lasts for 48 hours while the Night Phase lasts for 24 hours.

If you have some questions, you may ask me via PM or via this thread.

III. FACTIONS AND ROLES

Spoiler

Here are the rules for the Factions:

Spoiler

Werewolves

They start as a pack and share a group chat [like standard Mafia factions], but they can only attack when the night is a Full Moon [which occurs on Odd number night]. They have to choose among them on who will be conducting the kill. In addition, the werewolves kill the king if one of them is arrested during Full Moon and they are immune from the vanpires during the Full Moon. Their goal is to outnumber all other factions.

Vampires

They do not start as a team. They will attack in a specific rotation and only one of them will conduct the kill each night. If a vampire visits a vampire, they won't kill them; instead they will be share a private chat. Their goal is to outnumber all other factions.

Townspeople

They are the local villagers in the town. They do not know each other, but they are the majority. Their goal is to eliminate both the vampires and the werewolves.

Here are the roles distributed among the three factions:

Spoiler

1. Priest - Every night, he investigates someone and determines if they are part of the village or not. He will only know if someone is a werewolf if they are in transformation phase. [Townspeople exclusive role]

2. Cleric - Every night, he may protect someone from death. [Townspeople Exclusive role]

3. Silver Knight - If a werewolf attacks him, they will die. [Townspeople and Vampire exclusive role]

4. Holy Knight - If a vampire attacks him, the vampire will die. [Townsmen and Werewolf exclusive role]

5. Vampire Hunter - Every even night, he investigates someone and determines if that person is a Vampire or not. If he is, that person will die.

6. Werewolf Hunter - Every odd night, he investigates someone and determines if that person is a Werewolf or not. If he is, that person will die.

7. Vigilante - Twice per game, he may eliminate someone at night.

8. Executioner - His votes always counts as two. Once per game, he may force end the day and choose his own target irregardless of how votes worked; if he does this, his role will be revealed by the host. In case of ties in lynch votes, he can choose to eliminate one of them, instead of no lynching. This comes at a revelation of his role.

9. Merchant - He bribes someone per night. If someone visits/attacks him, the action is redirected to the person he bribed. The bribed person will know he is bribed, however, the visitor won't know about the switch.

10. Apprentice - At the start of the game, he chooses one of the following: Executioner, Silver Knight, Holy Knight, and Merchant. He will know the player who has the role and if that player dies, he inherits their role.

11. Survivalist - He starts the game with an extra life.

12. Witch - Every night, he curses someone with a post restriction (such as speaking without vowels or placing the word pig before each word). The person must follow the post restriction during that day phase or they won't be able to perform any night action on the next night.

13. Gossiper - Every night, he chooses someone. He will have a private chat with them during the next day phase.

14. Barkeeper - He will gain information on the people who targeted him every night.

15. King - He chooses someone during the day. That person will be arrested during the night and will be unable to perform any night action. He cannot be bribed. (arrested person is immune to everything for the rest of that night)

16. Town Watch - He tracks someone per night. He discovers whom that person visited during the night.

17. Gambler - He selects Even or Odd at the beginning of the game. He is saved from night kills based on his choice.

18+ ???

Roles will be added/removed depending on number of players joining.

IV. RULES

Spoiler

-     The Reborn Forum rules apply here.

-     All Player Discussion must be kept here in this thread. Private PMs, discussion outside the thread through Discord, IRL, or other methods are not allowed as well. Only the mandated wolves/vamps/gossiper discussion will be legalized.

-     Per Day Phase, everyone is required to post 2 times. At Night Phase, the thread is considered locked and no one must post in the thread. Violation means a warning, then immediate elimination.

-     Sharing of PMs from me is not allowed. There will be consequences if found out. Ruining the game is not fun :(

-     For voting in the Day Phase, use this format [ELIMINATE] [Player Name]. Votes can be changed throughout the Day Phase, as long as you notify me properly. For this game, ABSTAINING is perfectly fine by placing [ELIMINATE] No One.

-     If you are ELIMINATED, you have a final post, which must not reveal critical information to the game.

-     Night Actions should be sent to me in PM or in DM.

-     Editing of posts is discouraged. If you wish to have a change, quote your previous post and say the appropriate changes.

-     Lastly, respect the host and the other players. Personal attacks on others will have their own repercussions.

Do ask questions if you have any, either in this thread or via PM. I will also be entertaining you if you require additional information regarding the game Mafia.

If you're interested in participating, comment below! I will be accommodating around 17+ players for this game.

Player Roster:

1. Magister Divergent-[Town Gambler] (lynched day4)

2. Jace Stormkirk-[Werewolf Survivalist]

3. Cataline-[Vampire Merchant] (Lynched day3)

4. DigitalAmber-[Town Priest] (killed N3)

5. Cool Girl- [Town Holy Knight] (killed N1)

6. Paul25-[Town Vampire Hunter]

7. Megagun-[Werewolf Executioner]

8. EndearingCharacterTrait-[Town King] (killed N3)

9. Anti_Hero-[Vampire Silver Knight]

10. LykosHand- [Town Cleric] (killed N2)

11. Greninja- [Town Vigilante] (killed N2)

12. Alistair-[Town Town watch]

13. Pμrple-[Werewolf Werewolf Hunter]

14. Alphagar- [Town Barkeeper] (Auto-eliminated Day1)

Edited by sailboat

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/9/2017 at 6:44 PM, sailboat said:

@Jace StormkirkI just saw your maf idea regarding fire emblem. Tis interesting but I lack knowledge about it lore wise.:c Perhaps a different host can do it

maybe i could do it sometime. just need to work out the lynching for it to make a story (the bard part in me requires it)

Edited by Jace Stormkirk

1 hour ago, Greninja said:

Thanks for the ping, @Paul25. I'm in as always, I'm starting to like these mafia games :P 

Heh, You're welcome and that's great:D

7 minutes ago, Greninja said:

Actually, I loved the idea of Mafia Games after the first one I took part in even if I died in N0 :P 

Eh, It was quite unfortunate that you died early in your first game...

5 hours ago, LykosHand said:

I will try to invite someone :) 

@BillyBob @Jess @FactoryofSadness @Awesome_One @Sapphire Mahala @Pμrple @Seal @Candy @Wolfox @Lord C 

You are interested to join in this game?

Thanks a lot! Buuuut...

8 minutes ago, Snowy Amine ( MC Kapper) said:

i cant garentee that i'll fulfill the post requirments cuz i dont really visit the forums

i'll pass u_u

thanks tho

This. I'll have to pass since I only check the forums once a while