Strangest places you've slept?

I have a tendency for falling asleep in the train. I remember often falling asleep in a busy cart, having some weird dream, suddenly flinching awake, and having some amused people look at me. No big deal.

However, this one time I was at the cleaning crew at my fraternity, which comes with "free" drinking (Free as in $$, but not free as in having a choice to deny those drinks). So I was pretty laden and on my way home in the train (1 am, last train of the night), I quickly dozed to sleep. I got woken from my stupor at 3 am by my worried mom, who then proceeded to call the police to get me out. I happened to be abandoned in the train and parked in a remote facility.

Best night ever... haha.

I already have trouble falling asleep in a bed that's not my own xD

It baffles me to consider classrooms as 'usual' places to fall asleep. I could never pull that off even if I wanted.

Still, could be fun to read what people have to say on this topic. I'm expecting some interesting stories ;)

I fell asleep in an elevator once. I don't know why nobody tried waking me, but I'll assume they thought I might have been drunk. Can assure you I wasn't, though. Just tired, and my mind wandered a bit...
I've also passed out on the bathroom floor more than once, in different bathrooms. My parents' bathroom has a heated floor, which does not help me with staying awake after a nice long bath.

There's also that one time near the stage of a rock concert I attended with a friend. Not counting this entirely, though, since alcohol was involved in this.

Fallen asleep on busses several times, just curled up into a ball with my knees on the seat in front of me.

I've also fallen asleep in several different pools in several different situations, almost always on a thin metal bleacher. Everything ranging from before/after/during swim practices to in the middle of the largest and loudest swim meet of the year.

In fact I've fallen asleep while swimming before. 5 am practices combined with excessively lukewarm pools and extremely long sets has lead to me falling asleep and waking up when other people stop swimming, if I wake up in the middle of the sets it gets really strange though, because I won't have any clue where I am or what I'm doing.

Bonus situation: I fell asleep with my head on my (ex) girlfriend's lap, in her parent's truck, while they were driving us back from a baseball game.... sooooo awkward.

Probably in the back of truckbed with my Mom and Dad when we had to do a rushed, inter-state roadtrip.  No blanket or anything, unless you count the blanket of mosquitoes/gnats.  Considering we were parked between a little diner and a scrapyard.........I couldn't get over how much like the start of a horror movie it could turn out to be.

Edited by seki108

Now let this old salt tell you a thing or two about sleep on a ship. I slept in a Sonar dome, yes a fricking sonar dome, and that thing is loud, like you need ear plugs and thick muffs to even enter that space.

Slept comfortably in a foxhole full of black ants, which didn't bite by the way but instead kept out the other bugs. Sure as hell can't do that with red ants. Those little shites will eat you.

Slept less than comfortably outside in the rain, but under a poncho tied to a tree and some stakes, with a shallow moat dug around my other poncho I slept on.

And then there's the mountainside in Alaska during the summer, where we got eaten up by mosquitoes so bad, we lit fires and stood choking in the smoke to get away from them for even a little while.

And then there's the time I slept on top of snow and ice inside my issue sleeping bag. I learned the hard way the value of using a sleeping pad/mat to insulate one from the frozen ground. I barely slept at all and I was miserably cold.

In the middle of a courtyard of dirt and white rocks, with no cover or any sort of shade from the Louisiana summer sun.

And under benches we'd normally sit on after getting rigged up with a parachute.

Even with all my drinking, can't say I crashed out in any sort of weird place or position.

55 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Even with all my drinking, can't say I crashed out in any sort of weird place or position.

55 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Slept comfortably in a foxhole full of black ants

I'm concerned about what you consider to be "weird"

7 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Slept comfortably in a foxhole full of black ants, which didn't bite by the way but instead kept out the other bugs. Sure as hell can't do that with red ants. Those little shites will eat you.

The ants that kept biting me in my wrists kept me awake. There was a piece of rotten wood right next to my foxhole.

7 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

And then there's the mountainside in Alaska during the summer, where we got eaten up by mosquitoes so bad, we lit fires and stood choking in the smoke to get away from them for even a little while.

I heard some people back here were so bothered by mosquitoes that they brought their gas masks with them in order to keep the mosquitoes away.

well i got only one but it is a whammy. i once fell asleep inside of a dryer. context. i was 6 and i was playing hide and seek with my older siblings. what i didn't know is that they were not actually going to look for me cause they just wanted me to go away. i thought i was doing good so i just closed my eyes waiting to be found. i was awakened by my mom taking me out and asking me who told me to stay there.

10 hours ago, Zargerth said:

I heard some people back here were so bothered by mosquitoes that they brought their gas masks with them in order to keep the mosquitoes away.

If i"d know the mosquitoes would be so bad, I would have done the same. Aw man, that would have been amazing...

• 4 weeks later...

A bathtub. No, not while taking a bath, I mean trying to use one as a bed. A rather narrow, short hotel tub, to be exact.

Why in the world would I do something so weird? Well, I wanted to escape monster snoring. To put that in context, my family stayed at a hotel and we opted for the cheaper, studio style room. Not even having music blaring through headphones at near max volume was blocking the snoring (I did try max, but it was giving me a headache). The walls of the bathroom, plus the music, were enough to ward it off, however. Too bad small tubs make bad beds.

Needless to say, I did not sleep well and was left feeling rather sore. 0/10 stars, do not recommend. Won't be such a pennypincher next time...

• 3 weeks later...