CW, wishes

oakesy

I'm doing a piece of CW for my dissertation and in it, there is a being that will grant any wish, but only once. What would you all wish for?

For example, if someone wishes for a million pounds, that wish is taken, and if you wish the same, you die. However you don't know the specifics of the rules. Would wishing for a million and one pounds be ok? Would wishing for 2 pounds be ok? Or do they both count as 'wishing for money' so both are excluded. With these restrictions, what would be your unique wish?

Under the assumption that I'm unable to ask the being any questions, regarding the rules or not, I'd go for a selfless wish since I assume those are statistically less probable to have been used much before.

So, I guess mine would be: "for everyone everyone else in the world to have 50 percent-more-than-the-current-global-average level of empathy."
My logic behind that is that increased empathy would lead to kindness, which should lead to increased happiness in general due to everyone's newfound disposition towards sharing, connecting to one another, and uniting towards common goals.

Well, at least that's what first comes to mind. :P 

On 8/10/2017 at 4:30 AM, Timaeus said:

Under the assumption that I'm unable to ask the being any questions, regarding the rules or not, I'd go for a selfless wish since I assume those are statistically less probable to have been used much before.

So, I guess mine would be: "for everyone everyone else in the world to have 50 percent-more-than-the-current-global-average level of empathy."
My logic behind that is that increased empathy would lead to kindness, which should lead to increased happiness in general due to everyone's newfound disposition towards sharing, connecting to one another, and uniting towards common goals.

Well, at least that's what first comes to mind. :P 

Empathy... and yet your profile pic is an Incubator 😂

• Support Squad

Wish to usurp the beings power. You get the power and if you're still forced to take wishes, you cant be usurped yourself cuz you made the wish first. If its already been asked, well, it was a good run.