Rant, getting sick of this game

MuchoG

So im at the 6th gym, the ice type one, i had a Ampharos, Torterra, Sharpedo, Camerupt and Drifblim, so i had to get new members. I got a Onix to set Stealth rocks and a Magneton because it resists and Flash Canon uses the mirrors so its really powerful. I still cant beat this, i set the rocks, beat the Cryogonal with the Magneton and he gets to 80% health. Then the Jynx, faster than everything on my team (dont really know why), i paralyze it with Ampharos, even though the stupid evasion (you guys really made a gym where they use this BS) and kill it with Sharpedo. Next the Vanilluxe, faster than everything again (75 base speed, again, dont know why), i kill it with Sharpedo and Magneton. Then the stupid Glaceon, i know he has high Sp. Atk but he ONE SHOTS MY CAMERUPT AND MAGNETON, Magneton resists with 80% health and gets one shot, how am i supposed to beat this, they all get boosted evasion, i miss all the time, have coverage for everything. If anyone can help me i will be much appreciated bue im really close to quit this game, im not that good at pokemon and wanted a challenge but im getting sick of this. Help is needed. 

Sera has ended more than a few people's runs through reborn. my idea would be a new fire type that's not part ground? Maybe Chimchar or something if anyone has one they can spare?

10 minutes ago, MuchoG said:

Magneton resists with 80% health and gets one shot

uh uh! couldn't resist being a smartipants, sorry

You could try using an Arcanine, it's a very useful and powerful Fire type

If you're getting Out sped by Serra, something to note is that (correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure of this) in this game a lot of the gym leaders have good ivs/natures and partial/full stat ev investment.

It isn't necessary, but If you have the patience for it, ev training really isn't a bad idea in this game. Especially if you get that bothered by being out sped. Its like imagine Queuing up a game on showdown where your mons are using random evs, and your opponent got to pick his. It wouldn't even be fair. I was able to get through the game with minimal Ev training, but i also had a lax incense charizard for that gym, which got the same boosts her mons do. If you've obtained lax incense by now, I highly recommend you put it on a mon that is capable of sweeping. Especially if that mon has single target Special attacks, as they have a chance to hit anyway when they miss on that field, or a move like flash cannon that gets a boost from the field (basically put it on magneton.)

Always remember you can abuse your opponent's field effects too! It is very important to play around the field, for basically the whole game, but especially later gyms.

(As a side tip, Pure power medicham one shots almost everything, so if you feel like your team is lacking power, its not for this gym, but its a good pick up in general.)

Leaders start to have serious EV investment only with Charlotte though. EV training can be a nice touch to get the edge over tough leaders, but it isn't really necessary. I haven't properly EV trained any mon in Reborn so far.

Like mentioned, if evasion hax gives you trouble, destroy the field with Earthquake. In addition to Donphan, you can use Graveler (or Golem). Sturdy guarantees you land the Earthquake.

If your Sharpedo has a nature that decreases Speed, (and Jynx has EVs in Speed), Jynx will outspeed you. Both of them have base Speed of 95, so even the slightest increase or decrease can give you the advantage or disadvantage.

You could try Shell Smash users as well, like Magcargo or Barbaracle. Magcargo is very slow, so chances are it's slower even after one Shell Smash. Scarfty is good too, it has respectable defenses and it can have egg moves like Drain Punch or Dragon Dance. Moxie boosts it's Attack power upon each K.O.

15 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Leaders start to have serious EV investment only with Charlotte though. EV training can be a nice touch to get the edge over tough leaders, but it isn't really necessary. I haven't properly EV trained any mon in Reborn so far.

I didn't know when it kicked in, this is good information! Also, yeah I also haven't really ev trained in game, so I know it isn't necessary. I'm just saying if someone is getting upset by being out sped, and isn't using a very fast team, its a decent idea to get rid of that problem.

13 minutes ago, BillyBob said:

I didn't know when it kicked in, this is good information! Also, yeah I also haven't really ev trained in game, so I know it isn't necessary. I'm just saying if someone is getting upset by being out sped, and isn't using a very fast team, its a decent idea to get rid of that problem.

Of course, you're making a valid point. In MuchoG's case EV training could certainly help in solving the speed issue :)

2 hours ago, Pμrple said:

Catch a klink on the railnet , train it into lvl 50 to evolve it on his final form , and he will solo Serra. Don't quit because of this :/ 

Im not the best, i played pokemon when i was little and caught the bug to play again in about a year or so. So i heard this game was harder and i wanted a challenge, but this gym is really grinding my gears. I will try to use the klink, thanks!

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Sera has ended more than a few people's runs through reborn. my idea would be a new fire type that's not part ground? Maybe Chimchar or something if anyone has one they can spare?

I will try a different team, im not the best but i heard this game was a little harder and wanted a challenge. I think the game is supposed to be played with different pokemon so im trying not to ask op pokemon from others, but thanks anyway!

2 hours ago, Pμrple said:

If really you can't beat her , just tell me , i will give you somes mons able to do it , but it will so much better if you win on your own 

I had problems with other gym leaders, im not the best but i managed to win with some strategy and different teams. I think this game is supposed to play with different mons you wouldn´t use so i will try not to ask for op mons from other people, but thanks anyway! I will try to beat her alone.

2 hours ago, Alistair said:

uh uh! couldn't resist being a smartipants, sorry

You could try using an Arcanine, it's a very useful and powerful Fire type

I will try other fire types, Camerupt is part Ground so is almost one shot, thanks!

2 minutes ago, MuchoG said:

I had problems with other gym leaders, im not the best but i managed to win with some strategy and different teams. I think this game is supposed to play with different mons you wouldn´t use so i will try not to ask for op mons from other people, but thanks anyway! I will try to beat her alone.

Playing with many misunderstood mons that you wouldn't normally use is exactly the kind of thing to do in Reborn :)

Btw you can use the edit button instead of double-posting. It's not a huge deal, but you may get warning points if you do that too much.

Yeah, Imagine me, Mr. has only ever played competitive in his entire life, coming into reborn. "What is this, a trubbish? A poochyena? WHAT IS THIS PU TRASH? The fun of this game is using weaker mons because you have to, and sometimes, growing an attachment to them. Or getting carried like me because Medicham was my ace

2 hours ago, BillyBob said:

If you're getting Out sped by Serra, something to note is that (correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure of this) in this game a lot of the gym leaders have good ivs/natures and partial/full stat ev investment.

It isn't necessary, but If you have the patience for it, ev training really isn't a bad idea in this game. Especially if you get that bothered by being out sped. Its like imagine Queuing up a game on showdown where your mons are using random evs, and your opponent got to pick his. It wouldn't even be fair. I was able to get through the game with minimal Ev training, but i also had a lax incense charizard for that gym, which got the same boosts her mons do. If you've obtained lax incense by now, I highly recommend you put it on a mon that is capable of sweeping. Especially if that mon has single target Special attacks, as they have a chance to hit anyway when they miss on that field, or a move like flash cannon that gets a boost from the field (basically put it on magneton.)

Always remember you can abuse your opponent's field effects too! It is very important to play around the field, for basically the whole game, but especially later gyms.

(As a side tip, Pure power medicham one shots almost everything, so if you feel like your team is lacking power, its not for this gym, but its a good pick up in general.)

I played pokemon when i was little and started playing again a while ago, so im not the best. Im learning but i still not know very well things about IVs and EVs no i try not to use them. If it gets really hard i will try to train them, thanks!

2 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Did you try using Earthquake? I think it destroys her field. Next to Shade's gym, in that cave, there are many Phanpys and if you are very lucky (very slim chance), a wild Donphan of very high level with earthquake already learnt, appears! Train that thing and there you go!

My Camerupt and Torterra have it, but they get one shot, i will try to get a Phanpy, thanks!

2 hours ago, Zargerth said:

Like mentioned, if evasion hax gives you trouble, destroy the field with Earthquake. In addition to Donphan, you can use Graveler (or Golem). Sturdy guarantees you land the Earthquake.

If your Sharpedo has a nature that decreases Speed, (and Jynx has EVs in Speed), Jynx will outspeed you. Both of them have base Speed of 95, so even the slightest increase or decrease can give you the advantage or disadvantage.

You could try Shell Smash users as well, like Magcargo or Barbaracle. Magcargo is very slow, so chances are it's slower even after one Shell Smash. Scarfty is good too, it has respectable defenses and it can have egg moves like Drain Punch or Dragon Dance. Moxie boosts it's Attack power upon each K.O.

I looked into the speeds but Sharpedo has a speed boosting nature, so the JyNX should be EV trained. I will try to change my team, thanks!

58 minutes ago, BillyBob said:

Yeah, Imagine me, Mr. has only ever played competitive in his entire life, coming into reborn. "What is this, a trubbish? A poochyena? WHAT IS THIS PU TRASH? The fun of this game is using weaker mons because you have to, and sometimes, growing an attachment to them. Or getting carried like me because Medicham was my ace

Im not that good but i never played a pokemon game this hard ahahah. I played some rom hacks but they weren´t so hard or they had good mons to use. In this game you have to use different mons and use strategy. I will look into having a Medicham ahaha, thanks!

A good tactic, for any Gym up to the newest Episode, is grab the Espurr rite at the Start (Care, it needs to be a male!). Evolve it. Let it learn Light Screen and Reflect and if needed change the ability with and Ability Capsule (it needs to have Prankster as Ability). This way you increase your def drastically, while always going first with those moves. If anything else fails

Edited by Mana

(Sees someone complaining about Serra) I'm dying of laughter as if you thought it was bad now, imagine back around E8 she had no field, hail was infinite, and she had mamoswine along with most of her mons holding brightpowder...in doubles.

As for the current fight, Magneton curbstomps her hard since Mirror shot is boosted and never misses. Using special attackers also helps due to moves being able to bounce back. If you are really, really struggling, confuse ray will cripple her mons hard (yes, you can sweep her with Illumise).