Choose my Team! Zeta Edition

Filthy Casual

This LP is just going to be for fun. However, I have enjoyed both Randomizers for Reborn and Rejuvenation. Because of this, I wanted to give Zeta/Omicron, two of my favorite fan games (even if I played Omicron version) a try. The poll will close after 24 hours. As such, my first question to you is this:

Which version should I play?

Also, what recommendations do you have for our trainer? What should his/her gender be, and what should his/her name be?

Finally, what starter should I choose? Also, what should be the gender? What should its name be? It's up to you!

Edited by FactoryofSadness

It appears as if we have a winner! We will be playing Pokemon Zeta! Now, we have a few more questions:

What should our trainer's name/gender be?

Also, who should we pick? Bellsprout, Magby, or Horsea?

What should it's name be?

It's up to you! Let me know soon, as we will be soon officially beginning this run!

Start with Horsea named Hippocampus/Poseidon/Triton/Oceanus. Get it Female for the 1st nickname, or Male for the last 3 nicknames.

And pick Female main character, and name her Alpha, since we're going with Zeta/Omicron and I see the letter-name pattern!

Edited by Jess

Before we officially begin the LP, I have some rules to set:

1) You are allowed to suggest any and all Pokemon you wish. It is then my job to catch them (unless it is an event choice in which one of them is left behind. Then I have no choice but to leave one of them behind), as well as use certain members you suggest. With tiebreakers for event Pokemon, I am the one with the tie breaking vote.

2) When you recommend Pokemon, please remember to also leave nicknames. I will be unable to catch the Pokemon if I don't have a nickname.

3) If I do not use your nickname immediately, don't worry! I will do my best to make sure you are included, as well!

Without further ado, let's get right into the play through!

Chapter 1: Wishful Beginnings

Having played Omicron before, I am so excited for this game! My Omicron team is one of my top teams of all time! I remember it extremely well! I had:

Spoiler

Kanye the Victreebel

Baron the POWERFUL Staraptor

Rothstein the Luxray

Kazeshini the Pinsir

Irwin the Krookodile

Sir Goober the Empoleon

Strangely enough, all of them were male.

As such, I'm extremely excited to see who all of you think I should use. Personal bias aside, however, we decided to start off the game by naming our trainer:

H5YLhc6.png

Our journey began on a rather dark note, with our Mom fighting off a mysterious new team: Team Asgard.

13ek5St.png

Funny enough, I have no clue what to expect from them. I played Omicron, so I encountered Team Olympus. We'll see what to expect in due time.

Because of the impending presence of Team Asgard, Professor Oak decided to give us a starter. We decided to take...

Spoiler

Triton the Horsea (male)!

qFkRGAU.png

After collecting our starter, we decided to head out to the lab. An intern named Jeremy stopped us and gave us some Pokeballs for our journey. Eventually, we made it to the lab, where we found someone waiting for us.

Spoiler

jtVKrGl.png

I reset at this point, because there would not be an opportunity to name the Hawlucha for a while if I used it. Therefore, my question to you is this:

Should we use it? Also, what should its name be?

We eventually made it into the lab, where we were tasked with finding a boy named Jake. We met him, and he told us a bit about his character. He respects the heck out of our mother, who is the Champion of the region. However, what separates him from other rivals is his "swag". Indeed, he won't stop saying "swag", and to Suzerain's credit, it does make us immediately hate him. However, we always have the option to turn it off. Therefore, should we turn off swag, or leave it on?

With that, this episode ends. Next time, we will begin catching some Pokemon! Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Good luck! I don't think you'll have a problem, since it is a far less hard game than Reborn/Rejuvenation, kinda Full Moon level.

I am not sure about Hawlucha, it seems like an overkill this early in the game... I'd go for a Riolu from the first Cave you have to cross instead. Name her Justice maybe!

And certainly a Deerling from the next city. You can find it in the tall grass somewhere North (can't remember exact location though... Naragex Forest I think) ;) 

I had named my female Sawsbuck Viva Aldia. Cause Vivaldi... Four Seasons... Bit weird, I know :D 

Chapter 2: Character Building

This part, I'm going to be extremely positive. We started off the episode by heading down to the next town. As we got there, we noticed a Hypno looking sad. We learned that her child decided to play with a trainer's Psyduck! We told her about it, and she certain seemed thankful, even getting us a new HM in Strength!

zGewMqA.png

As you also can see, we indeed got a new teammate. Meet Justice the Riolu (female)!

We eventually decided to visit the Legend Researcher, who was looking for legendary Pokemon in a cave. I can take this time to appreciate the little things that make this game awesome.

First, the environments:

tICz7F4.png

The graphics are nothing too special, but they are used in a way which makes the region feel unique. I appreciate that the environments themselves are more varied.

Second, the characters in this game are awesome. Even NPCs get personality! Take this guy, for example:

D6G1i8M.png

2wyATiZ.png

In fact, she was one of the Rangers we fought. Details like this make me smile. However, it goes even further!

3XBAzBD.png

uqzqELD.png

T1opOeR.png

I love looking at stuff like this! It makes everything feel more alive!

Regardless, we ended up finding the Legend Researcher. With the local gym leader, they actually found a legendary! What kind of power would it-

PJenK8o.png

...oh... it sucks...

Still, if there was a legendary I would want to see now, it would be this one. Unown sucks enough to be put at this portion of the game. After winning, the gym leader decided he wanted to fight us. As such, next time, we'll be fighting the gym leader! Who else should we catch? What should his/her name be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

kbAcRAe.png

Yayyyyyyy, Justice will be served!

God that was such a bad pun...

You can give to your Riolu an Adamant nature in the nearby City as well. But you can only use the services of each Nature changer once... It will make her hit extra hard! Unless you want to save it for someone that needs the boost more. :) 

10 minutes ago, Jess said:

Yayyyyyyy, Justice will be served!

God that was such a bad pun...

You can give to your Riolu an Adamant nature in the nearby City as well. But you can only use the services of each Nature changer once... It will make her hit extra hard! Unless you want to save it for someone that needs the boost more. :) 

I'll need to use it on her. She got the modest nature why RNG. Still, it'll be nice to have her on the team.

Chapter 3: The Reign of Triton the Terrible

After finding the Legend Researcher, we decided to take on the first gym. Funny enough, it actually has an interesting setup.

Spoiler

hEvdz8G.png

We would have to travel through the gym invisible, looking for three flowers in order to return us to our normal state. Unfortunately, this is not challenging whatsoever when you realize you can just use your follower Pokemon as a reference, but hey, at least they tried.

After making it through, we quickly went to battle!

Spoiler

lYD1kFg.png

62Kti6z.png

The battle begins with Triton spamming the heck out of Water Gun. It works like a charm, and Machop goes down.

8X93urB.png

Here, Triton goes for Smokescreen until Riolu's accuracy is awful. Triton is able to pick up another KO.

4hzeJgy.png

The same strategy is applied here. After healing Triton, he uses Smokescreen and Water Gun, blasting Meditite to oblivion.

gfeHIRa.png

Triton ran through that gym!

After the battle, we received a prize, which happened to be...

...oh, no...

E1aGaFv.png

I have a similar problem with Full Moon. I believe there are certain TMs you shouldn't receive until the end of the game, and Brick Break is one of them!

Regardless, Justice (Riolu) happily took the move. With Strength on hand, we went back to the cave to collect one more item:

Spoiler

MX6YoWg.png

This is a huge strength of Zeta/Omicron: HM Items. They eliminate the need to carry HM Slaves throughout the whole game, and it's much better for it.

Next time, we will be heading through the next route! Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

ny4Kqie.png

12 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

Chapter 3: The Reign of Triton the Terrible

After finding the Legend Researcher, we decided to take on the first gym. Funny enough, it actually has an interesting setup.

Hide contents

hEvdz8G.png

We would have to travel through the gym invisible, looking for three flowers in order to return us to our normal state. Unfortunately, this is not challenging whatsoever when you realize you can just use your follower Pokemon as a reference, but hey, at least they tried.

After making it through, we quickly went to battle!

Hide contents

lYD1kFg.png

62Kti6z.png

The battle begins with Triton spamming the heck out of Water Gun. It works like a charm, and Machop goes down.

8X93urB.png

Here, Triton goes for Smokescreen until Riolu's accuracy is awful. Triton is able to pick up another KO.

4hzeJgy.png

The same strategy is applied here. After healing Triton, he uses Smokescreen and Water Gun, blasting Meditite to oblivion.

gfeHIRa.png

Triton ran through that gym!

After the battle, we received a prize, which happened to be...

...oh, no...

E1aGaFv.png

I have a similar problem with Full Moon. I believe there are certain TMs you shouldn't receive until the end of the game, and Brick Break is one of them!

Regardless, Justice (Riolu) happily took the move. With Strength on hand, we went back to the cave to collect one more item:

Hide contents

MX6YoWg.png

This is a huge strength of Zeta/Omicron: HM Items. They eliminate the need to carry HM Slaves throughout the whole game, and it's much better for it.

Next time, we will be heading through the next route! Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Hide contents

ny4Kqie.png

Not much JUSTICE had to be done here huh? Haha. But I'm enjoying this so far. Keep it up! :D

10 hours ago, Filthy Casual said:

Yes, this is a great idea Suzerain had... Eliminating the need for HM Slaves.

Also, congrats on your first Badge! Triton is awesome :D 

Even though battles are not even nearly as tough as Reborn ones, it is a very well-designed game, with a solid story! And a badge is always a badge! ;) 

Can't wait to see your Deerling :P