Problems with Serra (Everything outspeeds)

MuchoG

So my team is Camerupt lvl 49, Ampharos lvl 48, Torterra lvl 46, Sharpedo lvl 47 and Drifblim lvl 46. I get to Serra and everything outspeeds me, my Sharpedo has a speed boosting nature but still is slower than a Vanilluxe that has 79 base speed. Everything has coverage and, for Ice being such a weak type on defense, i cant 1 shot anything with Camerupt´s  Lava Plume or Rock Slide and he gets 2 shot by Frost Breath that always crits. I dont know what to do. The speed thing is really infuriating, how is speed boosted Sharpedo slower than Jynx and Vanilluxe?? He is really fragile so hes useless if im not faster than anything. Can someone help me?

My first advice would be to build a complete team of 6 pokémon, because at this point in the game you can (and should) definitely afford to do so. My second advice would be to make Torterra sit this one out since it's obviously going to be OHKO'd by any of Serra's mons.

My go-to mon against Serra is usually Magneton. It's pretty slow, but resists Ice (meaning it can't faint with one Frost Breath) and learns Flash Cannon, which is boosted by the Mirror Field and is insanely powerful as a result. You can go for either Sturdy (for protection against potential coverage moves) or Analytic (to make sure you get those tasty OHKOs).

My other recommendation, since your team is on the slower side, is to load it with fast, hard-hitting mons that aren't weak to Ice. Espeon is a good choice due to its high speed, high SpDef and sky-high SpAtk. Other than that, maybe you could use one of the mons awarded to you by completing the Lapis gangs quest: Rapidash if you're Aqua, Houndoom if you're Magma.

Good luck for your battle!

Well, first of all, a 6th team member would certainly help! Or, if you don't want a 6th pokemon right now, try using an onix with the ability sturdy that knows stealth rocks. Manuel in Peridot ward will give you one if you help him find a house (he is by the house where you would find whismur, down towards the train station). Stealth rocking your opponent's field will do 25% max HP damage on all of serra's pokemon as they switch in, helping you secure KO's. If your sharpedo is suffering in speed, you might want to consider EV training your pokemon. Defeating the wild pokemon in the aqua gang hideout will improve your sharpedo's speed, especially if it's holding a power anklet (available in the dept. store).

Also, does your camerupt know earthquake? I believe earthquake shatters Serra's mirror arena, which might help you out as well.