Danganronpa X Pokemon Rejuvenation: Gundham Tanaka and his rodents explore Aevium! (Latest defeated: Keta)

Jess

Table of Contents:

Chapter 1: Introduction to the run and rules! [Current Chapter]

Chapter 2: Lengthy game introduction!

Chapter 3: Lengthy cruise! (aka "Do I ever get a Pokemon in this game?")

Chapter 4: Gearen City startings - Picking a starter!

Chapter 5: Gearen City-exploring (and stuff)!

Chapter 6: Help Centre initiation and the Garbage Crew!

Chapter 7: A Heavenly day turns into Hell!

Chapter 8: Queen Beaver goes ham! [vs Venam]

Chapter 9: Getting sidetracked to oblivion!

Chapter 10: Despair returns...

Chapter 11: A new hope!

Chapter 12: In the search for purity!

Chapter 13: Beneath the veil of serenity... [vs Keta]

Chapter 14: Shattered psyche

CHAPTER 1: Introduction to the run and rules!

Turns out I am addicted to giving challenges to myself... And more difficult ones every time. So, after finishing two Pokemon Reborn monotypes (Bug and Poison) and sharing them with the community in the Forums, I decided I needed a break from Reborn Region! So, I will probably wait for E17 to be released while I do... some other stuff! And the first one in my list is to (finally!) play Pokemon Rejuvenation! I've been wanting to do this for ages, but never actually did it, so it will be my first run of Rejuvenation. A blind run, if you want to call it this way. Well, semi-blind because I had watched playthroughs of Rejuvenation on Youtube, but that was ages ago, and before v9 (and Gen VII) was released.

However, because doing things the easy way isn't my style, even though I will do this run in the Normal, Reborn-like difficulty, I will do a custom run! Many people in the Forums are familiar with Danganronpa.

D3xAkUA.png                                               7VzxvfU.png

It is a Mystery/Crime Case Solving/Horror video game series and anime series, which is quite popular because of the interesting mix of mind manipulation, horror and crime-solving aspects of it. And my favourite character in it, is Gundham Tanaka. He is probably the best animal tamer in the world, with a specialty for rodents. His four hamsters, the "Four Dark Devas of Destruction" are cute as hell, and dangerous demons as he claims! Gundham has an extreme liking for the occult, Dark arts and, of course, in this playthrough, rodents! He can tame any kind of animal, but in the video games and the anime he has been shown to be the Master of his four hamsters, a pomeranian dog, and a bear. Below, you can see Gundham's appearance and even more below, his pets. :) 

GQux31B.png

aODhRgqh.png 0ipzG1Y.jpg zYV0h1Nh.png

So, long story short, this is what I will do myself! I will run through Rejuvenation using only Pokemon that Gundham would use! This means rodents, lagomorphs (scientific term for bunny-like animals), one dog and one bear of my choice! Everything else is out of the box! This creates a quite long list of Pokemon, most of which are extremely unimpressive, so this run will be extremely interesting! To myself at least :P. 

Also, for this run I will use (a lot) of screenshots, since I want to do a detailed run, and possibly add some gags with Photoshopped pics with Gundham and his Pokemon as they meet, bond, explore and have nice adventures! This is inspired by the amazing work that @DerogatoryTrainer has been doing with his Nuzlocke runs, which I recently discovered and enjoyed with my heart! However, I can't do the same 'cause shyness kills be everyday (:(), so Gundham will fill in for me! :D These screenshots will be accompanied by comments on the game, and I will try to add dialog to my main character, Gundham! I refuse to suppress such an strong personality by giving him a mute role, so my comments will make up for this! I will also upload the videos on Youtube and post the links at the end of every chapter, in order for you to see the battles with more detail, if you want to! Please note that I am a complete amateur when it comes to using Photoshop, but I will be doing my best! So, this run will be an educational experience for me, simultaneously! (and very time-consuming indeed :)). 

Finally, for this run, I will use custom sprites of Gundham, made by a really talented and helpful guy, @ken1380! All credits for the sprites go to him, and a million "Thank you"s for his patience with my (absurd) demands, and his excellent work. Ame hire him ASAP, he's got a true talent in spriting.

So, this post is only the introduction to the theme of the run and my inspiration/thank you list! 

In the next post, we will start making actual progress in Pokemon Rejuvenation!

I hope you will join me in this journey, in the cross breeding (pun intended, Gundham is the "Ultimate Breeder". Get it? No? I will stop now) of two great games, Pokemon Rejuvenation and Danganronpa! :D 

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Edit: If this isn't the correct place for this topic, feel free to ask from a Moderator to move it where it should be. I just wasn't sure, so I placed it under Team Showcase...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Good luck, I guess :D 

I haven't played Rejuvenation myself, so I'm kind of curious about it

Haha, thanks!

I'll do my best to give you a nice walkthrough then :D 

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I am LEGIT curious! The game BETTER be good since its Danganronpa and Rejuvenation!

I will try to not disappoint you! :D

3 hours ago, LykosHand said:

Ohhh yeah it started :D, i'm really curious to see a run with Danganronpa (because i never see it :P). I wish you good luck Jess, i will looking this run every day like the last that you have done :D

Thanks Lykos! I hope you will enjoy it :D  

I got a IDEA. What if there's another Killing School Life but INSTEAD of the using the standard 15 wynaut use 7 of the male Main Characters and 7 of the female ones? And it IS pokemon so the trial room and the school is based on POKEMON! Just an Idea but it COULD work if someone make it possible.

CHAPTER 2: Lengthy game introduction!

After an uneventful first chapter, I reckon it is time to start doing actual progress! So, double click on game... Lower lights... Light candles cause I'm romantic (and Gundham is occultist, so they will come in handy regardless) and action!

CF3GMBvm.png

Props to Jan and to the Rejuvenation team for the awesome work they've done. I also like the titles song. Slightly ominous, but you HAVE to be aware of that when you start games like Reborn and Rejuvenation. Cause bad stuff will happen at some point!

The first thing we notice about the game is that we are offered a variety of opening screens. Screens that have the good that they are sub-images of a bigger image. So, they make a collage if they are put all together!

vr8UU9Pm.png

4BFgBHQm.png ny0c9uzm.png BfiyGTHm.png

RqvoxbZm.png

It kinda looks like a puppeteer (is THAT Shaco?!!) pulling the strings of three people, who I suppose are in-game characters, while buildings surround them. Even though I get the collage concept, each picture apart from the puppeteer and the three people are omitting stuff, to the point of peculiar. I only knew "American shots" in terms of filmography, which refers to showing people from their knees and above. I guess Rejuvenation is introducing the "anti-American shot" with the bottom introducing screen!

Good art as a total though! But let's keep going! Time to select our main charac.... Wait... No? Black screen...

MkFYOuXl.png

Wait, story time? Mom, it isn't my bedtime yet! OK, OK stop yelling! Lemme get in my pyjamas and get all ready first!

Spoiler

B44gkib.gif

OK, I'm all set, go on mommy, please! Fairytale time!!! *stares at mum with huge anime-like anticipating eyes*

Mrab0DRl.png

YAYYYYYYYY!!!

e2IOndwl.png

Probably not as dark as this black screen I'm getting though.

JDLARiDl.png

h06l6K6l.png

In other words, bamboozling the shit out of people and Pokemon (I'm not aware what the "beings" would refer to in the Pokemon world apart from people, since Pokemon are already mentioned). Could it be ghosts? *glances quickly under bed* No Gastlies spotted, we're good. Oh wait, they are Pokemon too... Confused... *Slaps herself* Back into it!

qb09PCCl.png

qIuNfWnl.png

Foxy lil thing...

zpiFqa5l.png

Z17vfr2l.png

I'd befriend Zorua! Whom you cannot defeat, befriend him!

iUqWdUsl.png

Wonder why Pangoro is in quotation marks... Could it be that story has a deeper meaning? Maybe talking about people by making a metaphor? Wonder whether Zorua and Pangoro are people among the characters...

VJojZhql.png

The last time a golden apple was in a myth, Troy was destroyed because of divine wrath after a mortal's decision. See for yourself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_apple#Golden_Apple_of_Trojan_War_Fable

This is not a good start, I'm telling you.

2mkCHrEl.png

Pangoro didn't use Hammer Arm, that's why. Good thing to know it's a fairytale though!

rkGYL1El.png

B3TJ9Ejl.png

aMomYyxl.png

I TOLD YOU! Whom you cannot defeat, befriend him! Wise fox and enormous karate savage Panda!

7twK546l.png

Every pod has many more than just two peas, so I'm expecting the turnaround point.

BpSBTgEl.png

gVRIXt9l.png

j1FIloUl.png

Never trust a fox, they will always come back to steal chicken break your heart.

Hz4GM90l.png

8q1xHcxl.png

2bMoqHgl.png

That's... Plenty far indeed...

VRkfWpkl.png

Joke's on you, cause it will cost you a friend who spared you by not using Hammer Arm...

JZ5qyL2l.png

"Malicious" sounds appropriate to describe it.

gnUX1eol.png

B2zX9Qdl.png

fWYAOPQl.png

0u7IpqVl.png

I'm having... Something in my eye... Poor Panda...

NBoy1HPl.png

y0KYe27l.png

2bYSv3Yl.png

Pangoro wanted to gift the golden apple to Zorua... Zorua pranked him by taking the form of Pangoro's dead mother... I don't know which feeling is stronger, compassion for Pangoro, or rage towards Zorua...

WGkapwnl.png

jR5thsfl.png

JiLO4stl.png

It was supposed to be a present to an unworthy friend... Also, since when gold is edible?

jwj1Lqgl.png

MQm2sQ4l.png

Just :( 

YJkxBWIl.png

BARMv7Hl.png

Well that's why you should think first and then act. Didn't momma Zoroark teach you that?

Kdf2teJl.png

And that's a moral taught... "Apology can't solve everything... Nor redeem you of everything."- Jess 2017 Ahem. I'll stop. Not really :P

gnLSiF6l.png

xff52T5l.png

And the quest for redemption begins!

h19XEx1l.png

eXxzaTpl.png

Wait, whaaaa? I was starting to get into it! This isn't a proper ending!

rzdGIEAl.png

Also, who is Maria? I'm Jess and the world revolves around me.

1CHUeCAl.png

Oh, there she is! Rise and shine, Maria!

9T17SSfl.png

And here's Maria's lovely mom, making breakfast! "I want pancakes, and bacon and eggs (scrambled please) and orange juice, an..."

"Haha, OK sweety, now call dad and we'll have breakfast all tgether like a happy family"

Too happy, I'd say... Something will go wrong.

iv7zuPol.png

Family picture on wall, with emphasis on "happy". Something will definitely go wrong!

Rel67fCl.png

Wait, did her dad just stopped himself from calling her with a different name? HE IS THE CREEP! I'm calling it!

hmqCKGpl.png

After he scolded me for trying to read books written in weird language that refer to Garuf-something and Arceus. Damn cultists.

bxJsgqUl.png

kDT8cQ6l.png

Yes, this looks like a space-time disturbance (in RPG style). And a vase broke. Yep, it's all going wrong.

qSwUbrxl.png

You don't want to find out. Flee the house this instant Maria!

yprOqZjl.png

3J5uafVl.png

Awwww, now I'm getting sad again... :( 

JYW0yZhl.png

That's what I wanna find out too! And what the hell is wrong with his/her/its hair? And why is Flubber sitting comfortably on his/her/its head?!

wiB6Jfil.png

Excuse me?

tMZqHu1l.png

Don't ask me Maria, I know and understand just as much as you do right now.

kpITuJEl.png

fgidblrl.png

OHHHHHHHH, so we DID have a time disturbance indeed! Dad's guilty, I'm calling it (once again)! But why would he do same thing many times? Trying to affect future in a certain way possibly? Anyways, he's a cultist, help me save mommy and take us away kind stranger of unknown gender!

pUyfTlLl.png

I'm getting the grip, but don't have enough puzzle pieces yet...

HGy74nJl.png

But to the stupid cultist who plays the good dad.

Hmh5kyml.png

x1fU6Tql.png

Tell her to flee this instant!

eHF2QWIl.png

Well, good job stranger, now you've got blood on your hands. Or you will probably get, soon and surely enough.

ySMvHMvl.png

I'm screaming "Nuuuuuuuu" with every fibre of my existence right now. You can probably hear it.

YtycqcOl.png

Please, stop her from going downstairs...

7AM6blJl.png

f4rP3rEl.png

4vTDTdzl.png

VpeUIq2l.png

I see... This is inevitable... But Maria can triumph through this situation somehow...

sIiDL1Kl.png

That's my girl! :D 

3kySLrul.png

8xchVzCl.png

I'm sure I won't enjoy what I'll witness...

TpV1Yjpl.png

Is THAT an altar? Is it the "El Reloaded" we're watching all this time?! And where are the dumb cultist grunts?

suDNxUvl.png

6XB5WStl.png

3bLNCuEl.png

Get the fuck out in general, not only out of the way, El v2.

xaMyQDHl.png

jmpET9Yl.png

ixEqZHzl.png

Wait, what? Who said that? Who is in front of her then? And woah, wait a second... Marianette? Was THAT how he tried to call Maria earlier?!

jAHbfIrl.png

nClMQWMl.png

rxqpxOul.png

Being creepy.

kaTf0XHl.png

Ahhhh, the light! It burns us!

TyaHcRal.png

Pangoro and Zorua statues, huh... Like the fairytale... I have no idea what it means!

ZQSdWHll.png

fMZH4L5l.png

But apparently it was a vision from a different timeline/reality, or a dream, and now Maria is Marianette.

g0iuUyTl.png

Oh he is too busy? He has many people in his "to-sacrifice" list? Asshole can wait. And you, stupid maid/Arceus cultist can sod off, frankly.

NE85wDgl.png

N5BhFONl.png

4yosMkdl.png

I don't even know anymore...

hYPkScKl.png

Oh, well, let's go get killed.

2e1pE7bl.png

You must be the person just above Maria/Marianette in her dad's "to-sacrifice" list. Well, you're another stupid maid/Arceus worshipper, so I couldn't care less.

ncSEIUZl.png

6RXyn81l.png

Mom was even higher in Schindler's list...

y0TEz9ul.png

He's twisted, he'd not manage to tell you his actual name with all this crap he runs.

UasoH10l.png

No, it is Luna v2.

sanP73hl.png

HmWnXdUl.png

wACboEhl.png

She's eager to die, God help me remain sane.

n29JNbNl.png

"I don't like it when I'm not allowed to perform my criminalish mastermind plan explanation, interrupted by my follower who I'm about to sacrifice to a huge GOAT-like pokemon that is my God. GOAT stands for Greatest Of All Time, which Arceus is, Illuminati confirmed, muhahaha"

PSPCH58l.png

gOnxZmdl.png

Perfect... Gibberish from the first chapter...

QrJQUiTl.png

Marianette's actual words: "What the fuck are you saying, I spoke more coherently when I was 1 day old".

UwOKjKel.png

Well, she is somewhere. You don't know where. Unless you do this trip daily yourself and return with the 9pm bus.

ViF8VSil.png

What calamity, are you gonna introduce that weird language as a module in middle-schools?

b4P1Gbbl.png

Oh, nice, I'm eager! Nope.

Y1go2vPl.png

gaF7EYYl.png

mBbzmVwl.png

gFJgpo3l.png

Why does Marianette have no Pokemon to defend herself with?

zn0Tjfzl.png

I missed a screenshot, but I can guess his words. "You will be safely embraced by our God soon, Marianette. You should be honored." How close did I actually get to his nonsense? Very, is my guess.

t2WnbPzl.png

5iJCfvpl.png

I'm not posting his gibberish again, NOPE!

coXxz4sl.png

I can't stress how much I agree with Maria/Marianette/whoever she is!

ghagA1ul.png

4E4mCMil.png

XqKbE8tl.png

Jesus, Christ, thank God, it ended!

Well, this was counterproductive. Didn't even manage to select my main character. Or even get my starter. That's why I feel that I have to prepare another post tonight. At least we got this whole creepy intro out of the way! And got some nice things to keep in mind through the run. And some ambiguous stuff to clarify and make connections with during the game...

Till next time (probably very soon), enjoy everyone! ;):) 

CHAPTER 3: Lengthy cruise! (aka "Do I ever get a Pokemon in this game?")

OK, let's take a breath, free from cultists and inception like dream inside dream and multiple names and creepy strangers and maids.

Let's ACTUALLY start playing the game. I must've said this 3 times now. I'll remain without readers if this keeps happening. Aaaanyways! Straight into it!

lMG42tol.png

Reborn Style. It's my first run of Rejuvenation, so I don't dare doing it even harder. Plus, it is already a hard, custom run!

MLZBczgl.png

Link... START-o!!! (yes, Sword Art Online reference)

2IkksbEl.png

Hi Amanda. Please don't stress my already ruined nerves after that never-ending cultist scene.

pxAYJQal.png

And here is what our main character looks like! (Props to @ken1380 for the awesome pixel art)

mgmuVfEl.png

YES, I BLOODY AM!

sfAmn22l.png

That was easy.

Ig3U6Uhl.png

3knsdIHl.png

Maybe not as easy as I thought, paperwork...

gCT3Uxfl.png

I'd like to move my character please!

kC7fKcjl.png

Mom! Save me from the visions of past life ghosts and perplexed timelines! 

PeAGhDgl.png

Gladly, all this time I'm watching cutscenes, my feet need some walking.

6f2ledPl.png

I'm dizzy mom, not blind...

orsXWeQl.png

FOOD! Good, my body needs the energy... Plus, I love everything about mom, apart from her food... But saying this to her would kill her, so I swallow every bite... 

GMteXahl.png

NO, WE DON'T! We have time, but I'm running out of patience!

7SI4PmHl.png

5x0bitWl.png

Meeting Augustus in the middle of August. How befitting.

MuaacZTl.png

cH4qglKl.png

More talking... Jesus Christ, found already one flaw to this game. ENDLESS INTRODUCTION!

QFSUXVGl.png

Mother, I got here to atone for my sins during my time as Ultimate Despair. But honestly, all this wait is filling me with despair! Junko would love this...

8EZL859l.png

Thanks! I can walk now!

QXsX5xIl.png

Okay, bye, later mother.

pejpxWAl.png

GO ALREADY! 

OK, she left... Let's sneak around and find secret places.

nRilUwel.png

*Demonic incantation... Becomes invisible...*

wRBiBzUl.png

*thinks to himself as three suspicious faces enter the room...* "Reveal your secrets to me, mortals..."

L2f6FGFl.png

FDRiC27l.png

Nastasia must be an Administrator of the criminal organisation of Aevium.

SLvd6E0l.png

CuId0xXl.png

Have they recruited Julia too? I begin to see patterns. Cultists and explosions.

BLYkx4al.png

Good, I am relaxed now.

PPndsfNl.png

4RiG4KHl.png

You already got noticed, utter fools!

Nb1QWnFl.png

You underestimate my Dark Arts proficiency. I can trace anyone! Or I could, if I had my demonic crew with me...

ZOenBGIl.png

Good information... But they all think I'm twisted, so nobody will take me seriously... Oh, well, let's explore some more...

AuW6LGPl.png

Cute piano lady and Jigglypuff... Jigglypuff! Bunny-like! I like it I love it I need some more of it!  

Nope? It has a rightful owner? I am obliged to respect this, kind (and cute) lady! Enchant us with your glorious music through this cruise of imminent doom!

geMnOORl.png

fo6KoYjl.png

You certainly gained another admirer today!

ntUStxll.png

Yes, what gave me away? My scarf?

NakCk7Xl.png

Haha! Briney! Cause Brine... Salt Water... Oh God, I want to go back to the Underworld, now...

cw1NUzal.png

You should be called... Captain Obvious!

DWJTbOal.png

So far so good, thank you, but things are going to blow soon.

ICT7avll.png

Are Arceus sacrifices one of the best attractions? I prefered the Killing School Trip! And I'd prefer to worship the Monobeasts than that stupid white goat with the waist jewellery!

Hr20vzfl.png

VSpN3r9l.png

That I should eventually get a Pokemon, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

8Am5cRkl.png

PLEASE DON'T!

*edits out the annoying babbling of the old captain*

0ZhtcIbl.png

Hell yes. You could've just said: 18 Gym Leaders, Elite 8, Level Cap.

Xi1JwW7l.png

Yes, we're gonna have explosive fun!

AsPPRmhl.png

Screw him, now I am the captain.

Wait a second... We're gonna sink. And captain goes down together with his ship.

I RESIGN!

lvktr3hl.png

It was the shortest captain career humanity has ever seen. But damn, this ship is huge. And greatly designed too! Kinda like Apophyll Academy from the top of Pyrous Mountain. I love this technique.

4zCpM2El.png

I also love the Wingulls... Please drop your excrement on the criminals when you have the chance, mischievous birds. Help me and my mother escape!

GKvm0Trl.png

Mother, you should believe me... Stuff will blow up... Let's leave, anyway we can!

4h0Kdl1l.png

tDUGjbcl.png

d511BFJl.png

Let's check the weirdos in this room.

QY5mBfql.png

Well, enjoy getting fired. If you survive, that is...

K07gFckl.png

kg78qAxl.png

Gothitelle and mysterious lady with three question marks. Hope she's an ally... She's definitely important!

Pgg4L4xl.png

How do you know?

HWZ9Lrol.png

Oh, that's what you meant... I like your optimism!

u4BuXHul.png

It certainly will, if your Jigglypuff sends the criminals nighty-night!

EsNmOw6l.png

Yes, I am. No way I'd try to talk to captain Augustus again, that blabbermouth!

vR572xDl.png

4p2kE2Wl.png

Oh, God, Buddha, Anubis, here he goes again.

Well, you know the drill people.

*edits out Augustus' "speech"*

gZpIZzNl.png

CCBZBfQl.png

Heeeeeeere we go... I WARNED YOU ALL! But who would listen to someone with my devilish appearance!

33XIKQEl.png

Oh, Grunts! And I STILL have no Pokemon! Excellent!

4pjoS7ql.png

yAkyckWl.png

k3vsvOIl.png

UJbaUPsl.png

I detest saying this, but I TOLD YOU.

dKwNIIIl.png

uNfyHzsl.png

Loquacious AND clever. What best can I ask for.

XTnpopsl.png

HDhgjGYl.png

Not going anywhere without mom! But having no Pokemon to defend myself isn't helping...

DlmTXrHl.png

r9RPT3il.png

Ciz0svpl.png

Just pointing out how confusing is a dialog between two people when they are both addressed as "???"... Mystery lady could have two instead of three, for the sake of being able to tell who speaks without having to make deductions...

Yasj9dAl.png

*him

9w5tgqMl.png

Oh, Gothitelle is working! I thought it was malfunctioning all this time cause she did NOTHING!

h38LNlrl.png

Don't Goaa me, you lil emo.

qzp5DUfl.png

Oh, damn, well, bye everyone!

QiuOeuIl.png

And this doesn't sound like an empty threat...

TrSw7Bkl.png

Lights out of order, holes everywhere, plants down. Good, we're sinking. AND I'M NOT THE CAPTAIN ANYMORE, GODDAMNIT! Why would you send me here?

gUZO0Qul.png

And what the hell are these tentacles of the abyss! Abominations, I say!

b5WQGCAl.png

Yes cute lady...

hDD2rsdl.png

I just wanted a Pokemon... Please... I will perform demonic rituals that don't involve sacrifices for you in reward...

Qu1yTa7l.png

1jcN1Ivl.png

Sell me your Jigglypuff, PLEASE!!! God, I know what despair is now. *spirals spinning in my eye pupils*

ebvKwhpl.png

Dq5lRPcl.png

VoCrKPvl.png

5cQsKzJl.png

Seriously, I didn't sign for this... I was told no hentai would be involved...

45nug6rl.png

11aGtYXl.png

Yes, for the someone that criminal Team wanted to abduct!

QrJf8gql.png

Oh, great, thanks...

VbYTYrzl.png

KD4PXHnl.png

Well, I'd work something out with Death himself. maybe he'd even give me a Pokemon!

b2k3wzKl.png

It's not working, is it?

kUwUQTYl.png

Yes, I knew it.

3zew8BGl.png

*nods*

I'm not the person you'd want around to console you. I'm not good at consoling people by lying!

W5O27Nol.png

I'll be honest Augustus, I'm not! Can you actually... DO something?

SfZ1BKYl.png

Aevium criminal organisation. I need a name for that.

PMtWCm0l.png

Where is Mother, captain? Speak up.

BUhs5eyl.png

Ee4aIRtl.png

FCkKtUDl.png

Stop.being.captain.obvious, please...

dJ4yES1l.png

I know! Now give me useful information!

lgamR76l.png

pLrW2vZl.png

I saw them, they can't really beat water pressure... It's reasonable.

rOO7wgdl.png

Indeed! But, where is my mom? Seen a pink haired sweet talking woman around? She could be a K-Pop singer!

cT6G4XZl.png

t6faQRyl.png

01xbMVxl.png

uLq3xr6l.png

And I thought that the tentacles "seemed harmless". I can see how harmless they are!

SQWuKVgl.png

Good thought, I'll go kick the guy that's preventing us from entering aside.

g540LDEl.png

B53CY6cl.png

Pu3KwoMl.png

fgQigfIl.png

l183gqMl.png

So, we can either try to be saved or just wait where we are to be drowned or abducted by tentacles. PICK ONE!

fgm98kAl.png

njcg94Gl.png

bouSUYYl.png

Was that a fucking Deoxys?! I quit. I don't need a Pokemon, I need my bed and a blanket to snuggle under...

jgiUg1Dl.png

MOTHER! You're unharmed!

And you have a Sylveon, Fairy trainer it is, Pink hair+Sylveon, I get it!

e6zayMBl.png

you?" (screenshotting too fast!)

CS3zilyl.png

That Gothitelle did an awesome job at not moving me at all! Turns out it was malfunctioning indeed after all!

FBbu4W9l.png

1YmepkGl.png

Ya6hBW3l.png

J0DzkM7l.png

Hh9NpsSl.png

Ohhh, the confrontation!

MtmHSg2l.png

Did she just ported in through some weird technique? I need to learn the mysteries behind this method of transportation!

XCDenkHl.png

What the hell do you want? Say it already! This is lengthy as hell already! It's borderline non-Pokemon anymore! More like a Visual Novel!

o13Unfzl.png

I can't even comment on this question. As if this isn't obvious.

AS0WqB6l.png

A8fd6uil.png

Are we gonna keep this charade going? Pretending to not knowing. Cause I am a busy person.

M5QMsegl.png

AT LAST! We know now that they want to abduct mom. Wait, what? No, you aren't having her!

sSXwM6Ol.png

Why would I be, I don't even have a Pokemon... I'm practically weaker than Youngster Joey and Bugcatchers at this point. 3 chapters in. This is a bit embarassing.

eLzggzfl.png

AND I get insulted in my face.

Adf5epbl.png

aB8iUPPl.png

8GK2E1al.png

Quite ruthless, I will enjoy fighting against them.

rc8U4efl.png

emHnd5Hl.png

2H02Xbhl.png

I have no 'mon to fight and we are so heavily outnumbered that mum calls her Sylveon back...

K0teFw0l.png

To offer them to me and save me... Wow, my mom is amazing!

hMnBHUAl.png

*sniff*

FZFJYqCl.png

Hn9yzRzl.png

OH GOD! Wtf is this Deoxys collection? They are clones? They must be!

9F3oBOUl.png

I heard a noise of something cracking...

1Zg21SHl.png

Again, the dialog between two ??? people...

HIvolAgl.png

UwY1aydl.png

Woah! Well, Deoxys are not an issue anymore... Thanks Piano Lady, I love you!

GezosCcl.png

Awww, we already dedicating songs to each other? I have one for you as well...

Spoiler

2PPO2nQl.png

I will try! Thanks to you and mom! Not to some captain who is sinking in his misery and exhausting the ship's entire stock of alcoholic beverages...

o0068hEl.png

cQVydVul.png

Awww, arrested or killed... I hope we will save her, or even just reunite with her later in game! Best character so far! Crashing Deoxys with a piano is pretty badass in my book!

R2lr6n2l.png

Errr... escaping?

Who the hell are you anyways?

hXi8vDzl.png

No, but I thought I'd not see you again in this scene!

uJXusDGl.png

Little...child... Insolent! You are talking to Gundham Tanaka, the Supreme Overlord of Ice and I will make you regret you disrespectfulness! (when I get Pokemon, that is...)

ddmmF6sl.png

Blah blah... A Tanaka does not surrender!

a0Ndbqxl.png

Wait... Am I getting rescued by a random Talonflame?

pYJqxw3l.png

hJJbdM1l.png

Yes! And it was so fast, I didn't even manage to take a proper screenshot! :o:D 

HADRWWOl.png

When you do, I will be strong too... Good luck with that!

rb6RA5xl.png

tf21SoOl.png

tiqGSlyl.png

Well, do stick around then! Don't leave already! How about a bourbon? I bet captain Augustus will treat you to some as you go down!

y1G4OBjl.png

fdVLtfOl.png

RhwxoISl.png

Oh, I am at an actual location! Oceana Pier! aka the port where S.S. Oceana should arrive to...

*Meanwhile, in the air...

KOVt0chh.png

KQJkMtZh.png

My mood when I arrived was a bit fractious, I have to admit....

vDk0Gbll.png

mQvBWsil.png

yk1Q6bUl.png

Red hair, Talonflame trainer, she is a Fire type trainer... And a quite strong one, I deduct by Talonflame's speed!

9OQw9wRl.png

Sadly, yes...

9hwa9orl.png

Thank God for that, I'd not stand another lengthy dialog... Seriously, this is a great Visual Novel so far!

xcX1slBl.png

Team Xen is the name then! At least we can call them something other that "Aevium's criminal organisation" now! Avoiding lengthy stuff help me repair my body and mend my mind after these introductory scenes!

ohEmfPHl.png

Yes, and I am indebted to you.

lZXvJuYl.png

A Fire type trainer. Named Tesla. Why isn't she an Electric or Steel type with such a name?!

Maybe because an Emolga wouldn't be able to lift me... But what about Skarmory, huh? HUH?!!!

0oGeGnZl.png

I know, it has sunk in my mind too, can we stop repeating it?!

KMgFe1hl.png

A9Rp6UJl.png

Yeah, she'll be fine, not like she got kidnapped by Team Xen.

aATiDlSl.png

They had an army of Deoxys clones! How MORE competent than THAT can a criminal organisation be?!!!

Dhq34iwl.png

Sy8ebc2l.png

Then how you can be so sure that they aren't the most competent group out there? I saw them in action, let me judge what they are and what they are not!

VMcy5ril.png

Yes... They bit quite fiercely...

EPHiSRpl.png

Yes, it has, the ??? lady said that it is time that everyone stops considering them harmless.

ZNwoBexl.png

Yes... Peace and quiet, at last... I'd love to have mom around though...

CKvPFwtl.png

My first  and only chance to get a Pokemon!

pgQJpNCl.png

I didn't like that "may be". I didn't like it at all...

sZYCNqOl.png

ZZYnn3Sl.png

Karma it is, then...

4zedFADl.png

And work hard. And have a Pokemon.

axrGeY8l.png

QvS8Bxpl.png

7knvhzrl.png

VpUVurZl.png

Why, it is just a Talonflame, not a Concorde that came out of retirement.

QRWvaFNl.png

xgvFC2Ll.png

OK, maybe I was wrong about that last one!

And, with this, it is high time I concluded this chapter! In the next chapter, (at last!) I will get my starter, and roam around the City, exploring and adding members to my squad!

And I hope it is the last time that I say "we will get some real action"... 

I apologise for the long introductions... But I blame the game, not myself! I had to do these, since it is pretty much a blind run!

Till the next chapter, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

12 hours ago, St0mpa said:

The story looks cool but good god it looks like that is taking forever.

You can scroll through it... It only seems like this because it is two endless introduction scenes, one after the other. They could be shorter imo. It's annoying to not get your starter for SUCH a long time after starting a game. I know I can get a mod to go straight for the game's start, but I haven't played it before, so I wanted to do it properly. I'm sorry that you didn't like it. :( 

I don't think it is that bad though... Just a few comments with my thoughts on game are included.

13 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

Yes! I love how you're having fun with what's going on in the game. It's very entertaining. ^_^ Can't wait to see what the sprite looks like btw.

Well, now you can check out that sprite, as I promised :) 

14 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Damn, that's an intro and a half

It's actually 3 introductions, because Rejuvenation is needlessly lengthy at start. It will get better. I'm sorry :( 

14 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Good first part! I'm looking forward to seeing who you choose for your starter!

The second and third chapters are too lengthy and mostly uneventful due to needlessly (imo) long cutscenes. But it is going to get better starting tomorrow, when I will work on the City exploration after getting my starter! :) 

Nice to see another playthrough. BTW, there are missable cutscenes in Rejuvenation I don't know if I scrolled through or you actually missed it, but there was the possibility to eavesdrop a conversation between your Mother and another woman in the cabin.

12 hours ago, Lord C said:

Nice to see another playthrough. BTW, there are missable cutscenes in Rejuvenation I don't know if I scrolled through or you actually missed it, but there was the possibility to eavesdrop a conversation between your Mother and another woman in the cabin.

Ohhh, I must've missed that... Damn, that ship was like a maze... Thanks! And I'm sorry for having 3 uneventful chapters in a row. Will get better now that the introductions have finished :) 

Edit: @Lord C I started it from the beginning and didn't find this sequence... However, it does ring a bell, maybe it was in an older version and got changed now? I am not sure.

Edited by Jess

Just now, Jess said:

Ohhh, I must've missed that... Damn, that ship was like a maze... Thanks! And I'm sorry for having 3 uneventful chapters in a row. Will get better now that the introductions have finished :) 

You make them fun though. It's like you're actually talking for Gundham. Probably not anything like him but you get what I mean.

12 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

You make them fun though. It's like you're actually talking for Gundham. Probably not anything like him but you get what I mean.

It is somewhat like him in certain spots! Wherever it's occult/dark oriented, or he refers to himself in 3rd person... It's what he'd say! :) 

3 hours ago, Jess said:

Edit: @Lord C I started it from the beginning and didn't find this sequence... However, it does ring a bell, maybe it was in an older version and got changed now? I am not sure.

Found it. When your mother's room is locked and before you talk to the captain, head to the room left to your mother's. There will be marks near the right wall at the top of the stairs.

Rejuvenation.png

13 hours ago, Lord C said:

Found it. When your mother's room is locked and before you talk to the captain, head to the room left to your mother's. There will be marks near the right wall at the top of the stairs.

Rejuvenation.png

Ohhh, thanks for that! I only tried to interact with the tile, didn't think about interacting with the wall in front of the tile! I will screenshot the sequence and add it in the beginning of the next chapter for completeness! :)