Pokemon that aren't worth your time.

icedsdcard

Post Pokemon that seriously aren't worth your time catching, and optionally the alternatives if you want something like it.

(Whether they're bad, you have much better options, or it won't help at all yet.)

Ariados(what Spinarak turns into) sucks. Its typing is helpful against fighting and grass, but its movepool is atrocious. Megahorn!... an egg move, X-scissor, a TM we can't get, Bug Bite, at a move tutor. For level-up moves, we have Pin Missile, which it learns at level 41. It learns Poison Jab... at LEVEL 50. When leech life gets buffed, it will be usable, but with one of two STABs and no good coverage, it's still bad.

Shadow Sneak(40BP) is too little too late, at level 19, and the same with Night Shade(level damage) at level 15. It only has Poison Sting and Leech Life early on.

Ariados is cool-looking and has alright stats for when you can get it, so this is pretty sad.(Not Reborn's fault, just it's canon movepool.) I bore with my shiny level 5 Spinarak with good-enough IVs up until it was a level 27 Ariados, at which point I looked it up and learned this. It became usable once it got Shadow Sneak and evolved, but I'm pretty disappointed in it. I sunk too much grinding time into it and it's just useless. 

First gym it gets no advantage and is not good enough yet(level 22 to evolve), and it's not actually good against the second gym leader.

(Bug moves mean it will only get 1/2 resist, same as a mono-poison type, and Cradilily's rocks will crush Ariados flat.)

Avoid catching Spinarak at all costs.

Get a Poochyena if you want a physical attacker.

Get Gulpin and/or a Trubbish for your poison type(s). Poison resists the poison you see in the first city's back alleys, can't be poisoned, resists the grass and bug that you'll be seeing before and after the second gym, won't be squashed by Cradilily, and won't be slashed apart by the Pidgeys and Pidgeottos in Jasper. Looking at all of this, it's extremely helpful. It's a good defensive type, and two layers of Poison Spikes gets you a free Toxic on a whole gym leader's team(unless they are ground-immune). Trubbish gets Toxic Spikes, Gulpin gets Yawn. Both get Acid Spray, which means you don't have to worry when they use a potion.

For a bug-type, and a good Pokemon overall, get a female Combee.(Becomes Vespiquen. You'll need something with Headbutt to get your female Combee.)

Edited by icedsdcard

There is one option for me:

Stantler

In my opinion, this is arguably the worst Pokemon of all time (there are serious contenders for that, such as Luvdisc and Unown, but we'll get there). It has a horrible level up movepool, mediocre stats, and terrible design. I mean, look at this thing!

Spoiler

vykXESf.png

In terms of when you get it, It comes later in the game at Tanzan Cove. Stantler learns moves such as Astonish at level 7... Stomp at level 13...

Yeah, the level up moveset is pretty pathetic. It's best move is Confuse Ray, which isn't good enough. In fact, by this point, you have had the ability to get a much better Normal type: Simple Bibarel. Yeah, that sounds strange, but if you can set up a couple of Curses, Bibarel can decimate teams. It also gets a much wider amount of HM moves at its disposal in case you want to go through the game without it. If you hold off a bit more, you can even get a Tauros, Boufallant, or Miltank, all with much better stats!

You may then be thinking to yourself, "Hey, maybe this thing has other uses. It looks like it could be a good HM Slave, maybe learning moves such as Rock Smash and Strength." Even then, you would be wrong. It learns zero HM moves as of Generation 4. In fact, it doesn't even serve any overworld purpose. At least Luvdisc can get you Heart Scales. The elemental monkeys are useful enough at the beginning due to their ability to get HM moves! Heck, even Unown can be used for grinding.

However, that's not even the worst part. You may also be wondering to yourself, "Oh, that's okay. It came from an early generation, not to mention the fact that it's a deer Pokemon. That has to be unique, right?"

WRONG!

If you want a better deer Pokemon, catch a Sawsbuck! It has a unique typing (Grass/Normal) with much better stats, as well as a wider move pool. Overall, Stantler is completely pointless to this game.

Sorry if I offended anyone who likes Stantler

Edited by FactoryofSadness

Sunflora. Sure, it has a respectable Sp. Attack stat, but other than that Sunflora is pretty bad. Then there's the fact that when you actually obtain one, you're against Grass-types - iirc you can find wild Sunfloras, so you don't need to waste a Sun Stone. Needless to say Sunflora can't really do much here. But after that it gets worse: next gym is Poison-type and after that you face Bug -types. If you really need a Grass-type in your team early on, you could go with something like Gloom or Weepinbell, even Sewaddle (and eventually Leavanny). Other than personal preference, there is no reason to use Sunflora whatsoever.

You might want to take this with a grain of salt, but in my opinion Girafarig and Skiddo are obtainable way too late. By the time you can catch Girafarig, which is before Radomus, chances are you already have a better Psychic-type. If you for whatever reason need one now, there's a plethora of alternatives already. Besides, right after Radomus you can get Abra - and eventually Alakazam - who is so much better than Girafarig.

As for Skiddo, well, you might have a faster or harder hitting Grass-type at your disposal by now. Heck, even a tankier one Grass-type tank, that's a good one. Just to name some alternatives: Roserade, Lilligant, Tangrowth, Cradily (and your starter if you chose a Grass-type). At this point of the game I can't see why you should, out of all Grass-types, pick Gogoat (aside from personal preference).

If we are talking about the main Pokemon games, however, you could say anything works. People beat those games even with just Sunkerns and Bidoofs.

Swanna.

Swanna.

Oh boy, Swanna. It looks majestic, I'll be honest with you. Especially its shiny form in Reborn is beautiful. But its stats are just off. The fact that you can get it quite early, before the second gym, makes it slightly better, but the fact that it only evolves at level 35 doesn't really help it. And if you were to wait until you reached Tanzan Cove, you would have much better options for a water type. I know there aren't any better mons that have the same typing, but why go for that 4x electric weakness when you can just get a flying pokemon and a water pokemon, both with additional typing that make them better options?

I like to compare it to Dugtrio, but Dugtrio has higher attacking stats. Both of them have horrible defensive stats, but at least Dugtrio can OHKO opponents, also thanks to its speed. Swanna can't. Its attack is too low to OHKO anything, even a STAB Hurricane doesn't do a lot. Which means that it will get killed immediately after getting off one attack if any attack at all

This is all from my experience, so there can be reasons as to why it was so shit for me. Maybe I've just been using it wrongly

So this is a reborn specific one, but Krabby. It already has a pretty meh movepool outside of crabhammer, but in Reborn, you can catch a Corpish in the exact same place.. Which is better in basically every single way.

I know it's not a bad pokémon at all after it evolves, but for Reborn specifically, do not try to catch and use a Noibat from the Railnet. I know, it's the first available Dragon-type, which is cool and all, but if you really want a Noivern, just wait until you can catch a lv 40ish Noibat in Tanzan Mountain. Getting a low-level Noibat will only mean more work for you, and a completely wasted slot on your team until it evolves. For the early game, you're better off using almost anything else available to you.

It pains me a little to write this, because I actually like it, but don't use Glaceon unless you really want an Ice-type with high SpAtk. Get an Espeon instead. It's available earlier, and it's better for its purpose as a special attacker than Glaceon ever will be (far superior speed, better ability, arguably better typing). Espeon suffers from the same relatively barren movepool as the other eeveelutions, but its excellent stats mean it can actually get away with being a one-trick pony. Glaceon will be outsped and crippled/killed much more easily.

Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu is a waste of space. Despite being available early, you already have access to better by the time you get it. Use Manectric instead.

Same goes for Slugma. Terrible Fire-type. There are much better options to beat Florinia than this.

Speaking of Fire-types, it's a bit sad but strictly efficiency-wise I don't really see why one would want to use either Infernape or Emboar when there's Speed Boost Blaziken available right from the start. That thing is so broken =p

this is just my opinion pls don't hate me for criticizing Pikachu, Glaceon and Infernape

Edited by Alistair

24 minutes ago, Alistair said:

this is just my opinion pls don't hate me for criticizing Pikachu, Glaceon and Infernape

No mercy, you are going down sir :P

Swanna.

Swanna.

Oh boy, Swanna. It looks majestic, I'll be honest with you. Especially its shiny form in Reborn is beautiful. But its stats are just off. The fact that you can get it quite early, before the second gym, makes it slightly better, but the fact that it only evolves at level 35 doesn't really help it. And if you were to wait until you reached Tanzan Cove, you would have much better options for a water type. I know there aren't any better mons that have the same typing, but why go for that 4x electric weakness when you can just get a flying pokemon and a water pokemon, both with additional typing that make them better options?

I like to compare it to Dugtrio, but Dugtrio has higher attacking stats. Both of them have horrible defensive stats, but at least Dugtrio can OHKO opponents, also thanks to its speed. Swanna can't. Its attack is too low to OHKO anything, even a STAB Hurricane doesn't do a lot. Which means that it will get killed immediately after getting off one attack if any attack at all

This is all from my experience, so there can be reasons as to why it was so shit for me. Maybe I've just been using it wrongly

@HongaarseBeer Swanna worked perfectly for me in my shiny run. Yes, I had to be careful for random ass-coverage Electric type moves, but the typing is very good defensively apart from that. Also, the dual physical/special coverage in flying moves comes in handy vs stuff like Gallade with HUGE Sp. Defence that would never drop down to a Hurricane.

I don't know though... My Swanna had a magic wand and it almost always hit Hurricanes. And confused stuff too often too. I guess my Swanna was special <3

Or just RNG loved her. But again, this makes her special!

Edited by Jess

3 minutes ago, Jess said:

No mercy, you are going down sir :P

Nyuuuuuuuu T.T

(oh yeah and all the Water-types available after Clawitzer are immediately obsolete because Clawitzer is best wotah porkyman ever)

Carnivine. Its movepool are somewhat limited and the stats are just meh. I really tried to exploit this thing to its full advantage because of how much I love carnivine in Pokemon Conquest but it just sucks compare to other grass type. Gogoat is far better or even Simisage who has access to acrobatic. 

Also two of the pokemon mentioned above: swanna and gogoat are my core rotation mons since I got them. Especially gogoat, leech seed+bulldoze+milk drink=Second coming of Chansey. Am I a bad pokemon trainer? /j

In terms of starters, a lot of them are hindered either by being trash (Chikorita), not doing too well in the early game (any water starter not named Mudkip or Froakie), or simply being outclassed by the other available starters (cyndaquil, chimchar, tepig, oshawott, totodile, and piplup and treecko to some extent). 

Chimecho. I love Chimecho's design. Its a real cutie. But it is garbage. There is 0 reason to evolve one from Chingling, other then getting Chikorita, though really why would you even want to do that? 

I sort of dislike Piplup as well, but that's mainly because Empoleon doesn't do well against Charlotte and made my first experience with her... bad. 

But you know who I really hate? Monkey Pokemon. I don't really mind Mankey or Aipom, but Chimchar is where they started to just grind my gears. You also have Slaking, which doesn't even resemble its fucking pre-evolutions. I don't know what they were going for, since prehistoric ground sloths were awesome. It almost feels like they had a 2 stage evolution and just tacked on a random design for its final form. But then we get to the absolute worst, the elemental monkeys. I hate them. Not only are they superfluous, they are also terrible. They are not worth your evolutionary stones. They aren't even worth the cost of the pokeballs it takes to catch them. Pansear is the first fire type you can catch outside of your starter, but its so horrible you won't even want to use it. Waiting until after Julia for Numel or even Slugma is a far better option, because Pansear will just die to everything, even resisted hits. Panpour is useless. Wingull (which is sometimes in its place) and Pelipper are superior Water types, but unless you pick a water starter, Water isn't even a type you need in the beginning since Poison, Grass, and Electric are so common in the very early game. By the time you actually want water coverage, you have way better pokemon than Panpour to use, because Panpour is garbage. Same thing goes for Pansage: by the time you can catch it, you already have much better grass options. 

Not only are their stats garbage, but the elemental monkeys take up 6 slots that could have easily been filled by animals that are far more interesting. Monkeys are kinda cool, but at the end of the day they're not that weird. Nature is full of so many oddities that would make amazing pokemon that I hate it when they're glossed over by yet another lazy primate design. 

Simisage was legit early game Desolation, just saying.

Here's a good one: Ledyba, spinarak's even less impressive cousin. It's basically the team chick of your party and nothing else, specializing in setting screens and baton passing agility, but having such poor offensive abilities and poor defensive typing that's already too common make it a waste of time who is simply not worth it. Mid to late game it'll get outsped much of the time and its wimpy regular defense and low HP means it's only going to last against special attackers and overly situational. It's an overly passive pokemon that loses its luster all too quickly.

Plusle and Minun.......why use the worst Pikachu clones when the original is catchable a short bit later?  Or better yet, go with the best clone as of Gen 6, Pachurisu, which might be available in Peridot right from the start.  Or just wait for better electric type.

okay okay okay OKAY OKAY OKAY. I wanted to post here, but I have to go full colress (however, I disagree!) on a few of these posts.

On 9-8-2017 at 2:11 AM, EndearingCharacterTrait said:

Chikorita, full stop. Bulbasaur is better in pretty much every way 

while bulbasaur is actually my favorite starter overall, I kind of have to disagree with this statement. you see, theres one edge the chikorita line has over bulbasaur- getting double screens through leveling. while it may seem as something minor, its actually quite a big deal as I was able to wall things like marianettes bewear (okay this may be rejuv but you get the point) without the need of a single healing item. while venusaur is better to 1vs1 a pokemon, meganium fits a support role better, I feel.

On 11-8-2017 at 10:16 PM, Orasha said:

But you know who I really hate? Monkey Pokemon. I don't really mind Mankey or Aipom, but Chimchar is where they started to just grind my gears. You also have Slaking, which doesn't even resemble its fucking pre-evolutions. I don't know what they were going for, since prehistoric ground sloths were awesome. It almost feels like they had a 2 stage evolution and just tacked on a random design for its final form. But then we get to the absolute worst, the elemental monkeys. I hate them. Not only are they superfluous, they are also terrible. They are not worth your evolutionary stones. They aren't even worth the cost of the pokeballs it takes to catch them. Pansear is the first fire type you can catch outside of your starter, but its so horrible you won't even want to use it. Waiting until after Julia for Numel or even Slugma is a far better option, because Pansear will just die to everything, even resisted hits. Panpour is useless. Wingull (which is sometimes in its place) and Pelipper are superior Water types, but unless you pick a water starter, Water isn't even a type you need in the beginning since Poison, Grass, and Electric are so common in the very early game. By the time you actually want water coverage, you have way better pokemon than Panpour to use, because Panpour is garbage. Same thing goes for Pansage: by the time you can catch it, you already have much better grass options. 

Not only are their stats garbage, but the elemental monkeys take up 6 slots that could have easily been filled by animals that are far more interesting. Monkeys are kinda cool, but at the end of the day they're not that weird. Nature is full of so many oddities that would make amazing pokemon that I hate it when they're glossed over by yet another lazy primate design. 

keep in mind that panpour and simipour are the only pokemon to be able to learn scald by leveling, and this as soon as level 22. not only that, if you hold off its evolution until 31, you get a move that covers one of the two types simipour is weak against- grass. sure, simipours defensive stats are rather lacking, but I really wouldnt say that simipour is living garbage because it actually is a god when you first evolve it at 31, boasting both stab scald and acrobatics while also having real nice speed and mixed attacking stats. heck, simipour actually was one of my core mons in rejuv (oops this isnt reborn again) and it was also vital against florin, taking out two of his mons and severely weakening one before it went down. florin. the grass leader. cant judge as much about simisear and simisage, simply because I havent used them before. I do agree on the designs though- fuck that.

as for the pokemon I seem to have a bit of a quarrel with. beautifly. theres absolutely NO REASON you would ever want a beautifly, considering you can get caterpie at the same time and butterfree is vastly superior. not to mention that literally every bug/flying-type that comes after is better and that beautifly needs quiver dance to be able to do just about ANYTHING, which it gets at solid level 40. also, getting beautifly means not getting dustox (unless you caught a wild silcoon/beautifly, in which case, why?), and dustox is also vastly superior to beautifly. while they fulfill completely different roles, the main difference between dustox and beautifly is that dustox can pull its weight. beautifly cant for its life.

People dogging on water types, but I had no problem going through the early game with squirtle.  The only reason to encounter noibat is for the speed evs. That is all.

Edited by Magus

I can't say I've got any experience with 'Mons that turned out useless since I always plan out my teams in advance, but I'll have to admit that dragging Pidgeotto through the game until evolution, when its best STAB moves where still Tackle and Gust, got really hard for some time. I really had to stretch its privilege of being one of my favourites since pretty much always to keep it on my team.

3 hours ago, GS BALL said:

1 word. Stunfisk.-

But you need that to get Vulpix!

@Orasha@Bibs Can't talk about the other two, but I used Pansear on my Fire Monotype for quite some time and, while it definitely fell behind, it did manage to pull its weight well enough until I got better options. It gets Acrobatics, Crunch and Fire Blast surprisingly early and Amnesia+Yawn helped me stall out Shelly's Rain Dance.

On 8.8.2017 at 1:13 AM, Filthy Casual said:

Stantler

In my opinion, this is arguably the worst Pokemon of all time

Funnily enough I remember having a lot of trouble dealing with Stantlers back in Stadium 2; both because I had basically no clue what I was doing and because those things liked to spam Earthquake, which almost everything I used had a weakness against.

On 8-8-2017 at 10:45 AM, Alistair said:

Same goes for Slugma. Terrible Fire-type. There are much better options to beat Florinia than this.

Speaking of Fire-types, it's a bit sad but strictly efficiency-wise I don't really see why one would want to use either Infernape or Emboar when there's Speed Boost Blaziken available right from the start. That thing is so broken =p

Slugma has Flame Body, which is a godsend in this game if you breed mons for whatever reason. Iirc. it is the earliest mon that has this ability by far. So, at least it has a use (plus Magcargo's give much exp and are encounterable reliably).
Not everyone wants to play the game on easier mode by picking the uber. So it is maybe better to judge the mons for whenever they appear besides the starter selection. Also Chimchar learns Nasty Plot and the line gets Mach Punch and Close Combat, plus it has higher speed on the first turn and can act more as a pivot than Mega Ultra Chicken. So it has plenty to distinct itself.

Bashing on Patrat is a bit too easy, so I'll vent a bit over Dugtrio.
Great ability and speed, but everything else is lacking, especially with the amount of double battles you'll face in the game. Instead, you can get Mamoswine way earlier which is really damn good in this game (if bred Icicle Crash on it, coming from Beartic upon evo at 37. Cubchoo is caught in the same area btw). Powerful, impervious to weather, still modest speed plus priority and, most importantly, Mist at level-up, which overrides (almost) every field so you can EQ as much as you desire. Also Bunnelby which is even stronger (if patient, with EQ) and has decent priority as well. Compared to those two (and with tutor moves and TMs scarce), Dugtrio just doesn't have as much going for it imo.

2 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

Slugma has Flame Body, which is a godsend in this game if you breed mons for whatever reason. Iirc. it is the earliest mon that has this ability by far. So, at least it has a use (plus Magcargo's give much exp and are encounterable reliably).
Not everyone wants to play the game on easier mode by picking the uber. So it is maybe better to judge the mons for whenever they appear besides the starter selection. Also Chimchar learns Nasty Plot and the line gets Mach Punch and Close Combat, plus it has higher speed on the first turn and can act more as a pivot than Mega Ultra Chicken. So it has plenty to distinct itself.

Good point with Flame Body. However, I really don't see where you're going with Magcargo. The OP was talking about mons that aren't worth your time catching, not beating up to death for exp =p

I knew someone was going to be triggered over the Blaziken/Infernape thing. Seen this debate so many times. I never said Infernape was useless, though. He's definitely a very potent starter, if not one of the best. However, Blaziken is Uber, Infernape is not. Competitively, one is ahead of the other. That's a fact. That's why I said "strictly efficiency-wise". Now, if you want to feel superior for not using the Mega Ultra Chicken, be my guest. I was just pointing out that among the starters available, one is distinctively OP whereas the others are not, making them generally obsolete if one wants to go for raw power.

Also, if you want to judge mons for whenever they appear besides the starter selection... well, sure, that's one sure-fire way of 'bending the rules' so that Blaziken isn't going to outshine anyone =p

But at this rate we might as well mention how Emboar is totally usable, and available much earlier than Infernape.

3 hours ago, Alistair said:

Good point with Flame Body. However, I really don't see where you're going with Magcargo. The OP was talking about mons that aren't worth your time catching, not beating up to death for exp =p

I knew someone was going to be triggered over the Blaziken/Infernape thing. Seen this debate so many times. I never said Infernape was useless, though. He's definitely a very potent starter, if not one of the best. However, Blaziken is Uber, Infernape is not. Competitively, one is ahead of the other. That's a fact. That's why I said "strictly efficiency-wise". Now, if you want to feel superior for not using the Mega Ultra Chicken, be my guest. I was just pointing out that among the starters available, one is distinctively OP whereas the others are not, making them generally obsolete if one wants to go for raw power.

Also, if you want to judge mons for whenever they appear besides the starter selection... well, sure, that's one sure-fire way of 'bending the rules' so that Blaziken isn't going to outshine anyone =p

But at this rate we might as well mention how Emboar is totally usable, and available much earlier than Infernape.

Wasn't triggered, just pointing out that Infernape is more versatile which can have its advantages. I run Blaziken anyway, since it was my very first starter. And Emboar still isn't very good even when you find it, it's just too slow to not be ransacked by field boosts.
For fire-type, it also has to compete with Arcanine and Houndoom, which you can get (way) earlier and at least match it (not sure about Camerupt). Or if you're (un)lucky, it also has to compete with Ninetales which can have auto-sun.
For fighting-type, you can get Toxicroak, Pangoro, Sawk, Hariyama or Breloom if you're lucky, at which point Emboar only has its typing left to stand out.

I suppose I'll throw in my two cents on the whole Blaziken-Infernape Debate.

I think that while Blaziken is the obviously more "overpowered" one due to Speed Boost + Bulk Up + Flare Blitz + HJK, Infernape definitely has some major advantages over Blasiken as well.

Advantages of Infernape:

- More diverse Move Pool (In Reborn, it is very, very good for a Pokemon to be able to adapt to any situation)

- More conservative STAB choice (You don't have to risk the miss of HJK due to Close Combat existing and Flamethrower / Fire Pledge doesn't have recoil like Flare Blitz

Overall, Infernape is very well suited for players who like to use Pokemon with diverse Move Pools while not relying on risky (recoil / miss-chance) moves

Charizard and Typhlosion are also very discounted Pokemon.

Charizard w/ Sunny Day and Solar Power destroys anything in its path (although the recoil must be accounted for)

Typhlosion w/ Eruption also destroys many Pokemon and takes good advantage of Fields with moves such as Lava Plume and Nature Power

As for Water Starters, Oshawott, while struggling Early-Game, has a fantastic Level-Up Move Pool (SD + Aqua Tail + Aqua Jet + Megahorn)

Probopass: Just... why do you have to wait so long to evolve this garbage? By the time you get back from Agate Probopass' only niche not better fulfilled by something else is being traded for a Togepi egg, and even then you're forced to fix the Railnet first to do that! If you want bulky paralysis, Stun Spore <insert bulky Grass or Bug type here> (hey, it's not like Probopass' defensive typing is any better lol). If you want suicide Rocks, literally any other SR 'mon with Sturdy is likely to have more offensive/defensive use and/or a stronger suicide move. If you want a Steel/Rock type because you like getting one-shot by a Fighting- or Ground-type sneezing on you, Aggron is actually pretty good.

Machamp: You get it late enough that you already have access to Conkeldurr(?), Hawlucha, Medicham, Chesnaught, and Emboar... which I'd argue are all better than Machamp in one way or another. No Guard Dynamicpunch is funny though.

Sceptile: Not as a starter choice (since I'm pretty sure Treecko is one of if not the fastest starter with an advantage vs. Julia and Florinia (Fury Cutter and resist to both Grass and Ground moves)), but from the event. It's a fast, specially offensive pure Grass-type, and sure, it gets some solid special moves (Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power, etc.), and even a great ability in Unburden. But we don't have the Mega Stone yet (or the Mega Ring for that matter, though we'll probably get it fairly soon, within E17 or E18, since we're getting some stones atm), its typing defensively is meh (being noteworthy because of Electric, Ground, and Water resists) and its stats besides Speed and Sp.Atk aren't too great. Why does this come so dang late? Just stick to Lilligant for a specially offensive Grass sweeper. You don't need coverage when setting up to +6 in 3 bloody stats is made so easy. For a physical or mixed Grass sweeper, as odd as it sounds, Simisage. Acrobatics, Crunch, Seed Bomb, Shadow Claw, and idk probably some decent special moves too. There's also Roserade who has a 90 BP coverage move of any type due to Hidden Power + Technician, and also has other amazing moves like Venoshock, Toxic Spikes, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Extrasensory, etc.

• 5 months later...

Noibat, and Budew. Okay I know then both had that potencial (and don't get me wrong I really like Roserade). But trying training Noibai in the Reborn is just pain in the existence.

Budew needs happiness for evolve, and tbh it takes ages..