Statistically significant

Egzample

A thought came to my mind, do we have any statistics here? Like, from what part of the world comes the highest/lowest number of downloads, average age of forum member/player, what brought you here, how did you find Reborn/Rejuvenation, etc. - all sorts. I am asking out of pure curiosity, but still, some unforeseen conclusions may arise when we lay our hands on that.

We do have one very important statistic in reborn. After regression analasys on the data regarding all the episode releases we have found the regression function describing the correlation between the amount of questions regarding episodes release dates and the delay in release of the episode:

f(x) = 604 800 * x

with f(x) being the delay of the episode in seconds

and x being the amount of questions asked.

Joking aside. While they probably do have statistics I doubt they have demographics which are kind of questions that you asked. Especially since a person choses what he releases. 

Spoiler

Unless Ame and her team is secretly gathering user information and sells it to the highest bidder.

That being said I remember a thread that might interest you (though it is not 100% accurate):

Highest number of downloads easily goes to the US, lowest probably goes to Antarctica (?)

Average age must be somewhere along the lines of 20-something-ish, give or take a few decades

What brought us here is sheer nerdyness

Reborn and Rejuvenation are obviously both ultra awesome because Ame and Jan are watching we can't take any risks

In all seriousness it must be almost impossible to reliably track down this sort of data, even for the staff. The only thing they could possibly know with some degree of accuracy is where the game is downloaded the most/least. Not even sure if they have any way to know that actually.

I was only half-joking though. Your average member/player is probably a 20-something American person who played Pokémon games in their childhood and kept an interest in these games, sufficiently so to be looking around for fangames today.

Edited by Alistair

I always thought that the delay of the episode increases exponentially according to the formula: f (x) = z^2(x + y) where x is the number of queries 'when it will be done', y - number of new players, and z is a variable dependant on Ame's mood. According to this formula, next episode will be released somewhere in 2023, which is more or less accurate.

Demographics aside - downloads count, regions, etc. could have been released without violating anyone's privacy, couldn't they? This question was inspired mostly by the recent translation thread - it would be funny if the translation team consisted with all of the players from a given country, but I'm curious what we could find there.

Spoiler
40 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Unless Ame and her team is secretly gathering user information and sells it to the highest bidder.

That's what I'd do!

Edited by example

1 hour ago, FairFamily said:

You would be surprised in how easy it is on how to break someone's privacy.

Nah, I wouldn't, by any means. Few years back maybe, but now - been there, done that.

I had in mind releasing it 'officialy', in some kind of summary or something, not stalking people xD. I do realise it doesn't take much effort to dig reaaaally deep into someone's life... and simple google can save half of the effort.