Make your favourite FE units in FE Heroes with this 1 neat trick!!!

Sheep

Want your favourite unit to be playable in Fire Emblem Heroes? Sick of waiting for IS to come back to Jugdral? Or Magvel? Or Tellius? Say no more, for do I have a treat for you! If you act now you can get exclusive access to... okay that's enough of that. Dunno how much longer I could have kept it up for anyway. But the title isn't clickbait, I can teach you how to make your own FE:H units thanks to this page right here: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stat_Growth

Now that the gurus on the wiki have figured out the nuts and bolts of how FE:H characters are made it's actually really simple to create new characters based on their actual growth rates and base stats in their source games. Essentially you only need to generate two things, the character's base stats as a 1* hero, and their growth points. I'll go into more detail about each below:

1* Base Stats:

As the name suggests these are the base stats of the hero as a 1* unit. By observing the free units it's become apparent that each base stat as a 1* is exactly 2 points lower than the base stat of that same hero as a 5*. It's important that we work with 1* bases and then scale upwards rather than the other way around though, because otherwise it's possible to get into negative base stats. A base stat of 0 as a 1* results in a base stat of 2 as a 5*, so if you tried to create the 5* bases first and gave a 1 or a 0 it kind of falls apart.

The total number of 1* base stats a hero is allowed depends on their unit type. It starts at 37 and is affected by a number of different additive modifiers as displayed below:

Dancer/Singer/Trainee/Young Dragon: -8 (Current Young Dragons are Nowi, Fae, and Tiki-Y. This modifier does not apply to Tiki-A, or Corrin. Ninian is also in but she's a Dancer).
Ranged unit: -3 (E.g. Archers, Dagger users, Mages, and Healers).

Cavalry unit: -1

Armored unit: +7

Veteran unit: +8 (E.g. Jagen or Gunter. This does not apply to Oifeys such as Frederick or Titania).

As I said before, the modifiers are additive. As an example Gunter has a 1* base stat total of 44 (37 minus 1 for being cavalry and then plus 8 for being veteran). When designing your own units I strongly recommend looking to their base stats in their original games as inspiration for their 1* base stats here. Following this the only thing that needs to be done to scale the 1* bases into 5* bases is add 2 to every stat. Additionally a boon results in an increase of 1 for the 5* base stat, while a bane results in a comparable decrease of 1.

Growth Values:

These are a bit more interesting than the base stats. They are hidden values that each character has for each of their stats, and they govern how quickly each stat will grow as the unit moves from level 1 to level 40. The maximum growth value that can be given to a stat is 10 while the minimum is 1. Having a boon in a stat raises its growth points by 1 (to a maximum of 11) and a bane causes a decrease of 1 (to a minimum of 0). The total number of growth points a unit has is also determined by their unit type. It starts at 31 and has a set of modifiers, similar to the base stat modifiers, associated with it as follows:

Dancer/Singer: No change.

Trainee/Young Dragon: +6

Ranged unit: -3

Cavalry unit: -1

Armored unit: +2

Veteran unit: -6.

An interesting consequence of this is that veterans such as Jagen will actually start stronger than other units, but grow slower, while trainees like Donnel or Grey start off weak but grow like weeds. It also accounts for the lower final stats observed amongst cavalry and ranged units. As with base stats I highly recommend looking to the actual growth rates of the character you're making when looking for inspiration as to how to distribute their growth points. As for calculating how many stat points come from a particular growth point value, there's a table with all of that information in the link at the top of the page.

And that's it. To serve as an example I'll put the process I went through to make Rath (FE7) in a spoiler (just to save room) below, but you should have all the tools you need to make a stat line for your favourite Fire Emblem characters. And hey, if they're released later you can compare them with the one you made to see how close you got.

Rath:

Spoiler

Rath is a mounted archer, so straight away I know his 1* base stat total will be 33, and his growth point total will be 27. His relevant base stats from FE7 are 25 HP, 8 Str, 10 Spd, 7 Def, and 2 Res, while his relevant growths are 80% HP, 50% Str, 50% Spd, 10% Def, and 25% Res. Immediately apparent is his very high HP base and growth, along with the fact that his Spd base is slightly higher than his Str base, though they have equal growths, and his Def base is much higher than his Res base while his Def growth is much worse than his Res growth.

Using this information I came up with a 1* stat line for him as follows: 17 HP, 5 Atk, 6 Spd, 4 Def, 1 Res.

Each of these values then have 2 added to them in order to create the 5* base stats (boons and banes now included as well): 18/19/20 HP, 6/7/8 Atk, 7/8/9 Spd, 5/6/7 Def, 2/3/4 Res. 

Following this I distributed his 27 growth points as befits his original growths: 8 HP, 7 Atk, 7 Spd, 1 Def, 4 Res. (If I were to include boons and banes it would be 7/8/9 HP, 6/7/8 Atk, 6/7/8 Spd, 0/1/2 Def, 3/4/5 Res).

Finally all that needs to be done is apply the results of his growth points to his 5* base stats to find his 5* level 40 stat distribution: 42/45/48 HP, 28/31/34 Atk, 29/32/35 Spd, 13/16/20 Def, 17/20/23 Res. 

If you have any questions about the process feel free to ask, otherwise knock yourself out. Of course you can always use this system to create your own original characters as well, sky's the limit.