Bike and Fly too late?

icedsdcard

It seems like the bike and Fly come rather late. Fly being somewhat late is sadly necessary due to its high base power. Maybe Teleport should have its function changed to that of Fly? I've yet to see Teleport, and I'm at the second gym, so that'd probably be alright.

(Teleportation should be better than mere flight. GF pls.)

The bike seems like it should be either early, or once you have some money.

(Bike sidequest already exists, it could have a different reward added.)

Riding a pokemon would be better and easier; so a bike shouldn't be needed in-universe. (See: Pokemon Sun and Moon's Herdier/Tauros ride pagers) A bike is just simpler to add than a Ride HM.

Grinding mons to the first gym's level was made much worse because travelling back and forth from the center to the alleyways took a while. (on another note, training a Cherubi seems to be hard in the first two gym-areas I've been to. is this the game being cruel?)

Difficulty of battles, getting pokemon, items, level cap etc. is one thing, but no bike, let alone fly? That's just cruel tedium.

There are plenty of bikers(and even motorbikers) in the pokemon games, so an expensive bike makes no sense. I get it's supposed to feel post-apocalyptic, and perhaps like you're a hobo(but pickup rewards and payday though?) but this is a very far stretch.

Alt speedup doesn't seem to be enough: some areas are about the same. Probably my 7+ year-old toaster.

Our character is a homeless god that absorbed 200 Meowths Lucky Coins because holy damn are we lucky. We also don't  eat, sleep, drink, or do bathroom things. 

Do not question the god that is the protagonist, or it will stare at you with blank unblinking pixel eyes and use Absorb on you. 

35 minutes ago, PokeFailure said:

Our character is a homeless god that absorbed 200 Meowths Lucky Coins because holy damn are we lucky. We also don't  eat, sleep, drink, or do bathroom things. 

Do not question the god that is the protagonist, or it will stare at you with blank unblinking pixel eyes and use Absorb on you. 

You just summed up the Main Character Plot Power into 2 quick sentences *clap* *clap*

• Global Mods

The Bike is actually pretty early, about 3 gyms in I think.

Fly is a quite important progression point so it makes sense where it is, and really isn't necessary while in the city

the speedup is pretty good so yea that's probably just your computer

• Supporter

Regarding grinding: you do know that the rebattleable trainers in the Great Hall are now available as soon as you beat Team Meteor in Mosswater, right? You get the added bonus of being able to build up quite the sizable cash reserve.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

You just summed up the Main Character Plot Power into 2 quick sentences *clap* *clap*

I can sum up anything in two sentences or less.

For Example, Pokemon Reborn.

A pokemon fangame made by a sentient purple crystal that codes for some reason because people give it money for a wonderful product. Also death threats but crystals can't die so those aren't relevant at all. 

19 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Ame has said the reason Fly is available so late is because if it was usable before Reborn City is restored, flying back there would take you to the new Reborn even if you hadn't gotten to that point in the game yet. 

On that point, I heard from my little brother that he had an interesting thing happen to him. Quite the reverse thing though, with teleporting from New Reborn into Old Reborn.

Fly is late because of story and Ame being evil. remember that last part, it can come up a lot. as for the bike, it's still really, really early in the game, right before the third gym in fact.

Also, this may be blunt, but complaining about fly before while you're not even at the third gym yet, that is not needed.

As many others have mentioned, the bike is available rather early in the game. You can get it practically as soon as you reach Lapis Ward. I do understand that walking here and there can be a bit tedious without it, especially coming all the way back from Beryl to other, more central wards, but you really only have to do it once.

Also, do notice Fly isn't really needed to travel pretty quickly. I don't want to be spoilery, but the story gives you the appropriate means of locomotion when it's really necessary. Other than that... sorry, but you'll have to walk xD
It's all worth it though. The journey is more beautiful than its end ;)

On 8/5/2017 at 7:16 AM, icedsdcard said:

There are plenty of bikers(and even motorbikers) in the pokemon games, so an expensive bike makes no sense.

Looking for sense in Pokemon Games, while you are a 10 year-old that is mature enough to explore the world on his/her own and bring down evil criminal organisations on your casual stroll to glory.

'Nuff said.

Edit: @Alistair I agree about bike. Also, there is the Alt speed-up button now, so bike is practically installed from the beginning of the game. Not actually, but you get what I mean. ;) 

Edited by Jess

On 8/6/2017 at 0:40 PM, Jess said:

Also, there is the Alt speed-up button now, so bike is practically installed from the beginning of the game.

Curse this decrepit toaster of mine...

EDIT:

Mod Menu has an FPS function, which seems to work better for me. Don't know why.

(I tried speedhack too, btw.)

Edited by icedsdcard

2 hours ago, DemICE said:

I would still preffer if Fly was available earlier, but we would still need to defeat Ciel to make it usable out of battle.   

Would help some poor birds with decent stabs...

If there is one thing the birds don't need, its even more power. Flying-type has strong STAB anyway. Drill Peck, Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Air Slash, Hurricane