Fast water type

MuchoG

14 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

If you sided with Team Aqua, you should get one for helping them out. Other than that, I'm not sure.

I sided with them and did the first quest, but they got me nothing, do i need to do more quests?

1 hour ago, MuchoG said:

I sided with them and did the first quest, but they got me nothing, do i need to do more quests?

Actually siding with Aqua awards you a Ponyta from the raid at Craudbury's, not a Buizel. You get a Buizel for siding with dem Magma thugs.

Hmmm, fast Water types... Sharpedo indeed jumps to mind. You'll get it from raiding the Magma alleyway with your Aqua buddies.

I know it's not fast, but I'd also tend to advertise Clawitzer as a good Water type with nice Megalauncher-boosted coverage. You'll be able to get one from fishing in a cave on the Northern side of Route 1. It's after the 7th badge though.

Edited by Alistair

13 hours ago, Alistair said:

Actually siding with Aqua awards you a Ponyta from the raid at Craudbury's, not a Buizel. You get a Buizel for siding with dem Magma thugs.

Hmmm, fast Water types... Sharpedo indeed jumps to mind. You'll get it from raiding the Magma alleyway with your Aqua buddies.

I know it's not fast, but I'd also tend to advertise Clawitzer as a good Water type with nice Megalauncher-boosted coverage. You'll be able to get one from fishing in a cave on the Northern side of Route 1. It's after the 7th badge though.

You're right. My mistake.

As for other fast Water-types, there's Simipour and Swanna. Panpour learns Acrobatics, which will be a useful move in at least one of upcoming Gym battles. Panpour learns Brine as well, and Simisour learns Scald via Heart Scale. I have no experience of using either Simipour or Swanna so I don't know how they actually perform.

On 8/5/2017 at 3:36 PM, Zargerth said:

You're right. My mistake.

As for other fast Water-types, there's Simipour and Swanna. Panpour learns Acrobatics, which will be a useful move in at least one of upcoming Gym battles. Panpour learns Brine as well, and Simisour learns Scald via Heart Scale. I have no experience of using either Simipour or Swanna so I don't know how they actually perform.

I second those suggestions. Panpour btw learns Scald by level-up at lv.22.

Swanna is too fragile, but has a great typing and great moveset, and both Special and physical flying type moves (useful to check stuff like Gallade that are to specially bulky, but can't take a single physical hit).