There Should Be a Topic for Grammatical Errors

Railtracks

Are spelling and grammatical errors a problem that should be addressed, and should they have their own topic to post about?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are spelling and grammatical errors a problem that should be addressed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent
  2. 2. Should they have their own topic to post about?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

There's already the post for any bugs that are in the game, but I feel there should be a separate topic for any grammatical errors that are in the game.

Let's face it, nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes, especially when it comes to grammar, but that's why there are proof-readers and Grammar Nazis. I truly do appreciate all the hard work and effort that I'm sure has been, and is being, put into this game - it's definitely my favorite Pokemon ROM hack/fan game that I've played so far - but it could still use a lot of work around the edges, and I think grammar could play a huge role in that. Between spelling and grammatical errors, I've come across a few dozen, but I don't think the bug posting topic should be the place to spam with all the problems that occur throughout this long, fantastic game.

EDIT: I'm glad to be getting participants in the poll! I'd appreciate it immensely if you left verbal feedback as a response as to why you chose your answer.

Edited by Railtracks
I fixed my grammar a tad.

I imagine it would come down to a few individuals to sift through scripts in order to create a game with foolproof English, though as to whether or not the development team is interested in enlisting the help of those willing to aid, we're in the dark. All things considered, Reborn has splendid syntax, grammar, and spelling (shout-out to correct use of it's/its) when compared to other fan games. If those interested in polishing the game show the skill set of understanding proper English and the dedication to perfect the game's English, I think the devs may extend an invitation to aid on that front.

1 minute ago, Arkhi said:

If those interested in polishing the game show the skill set of proper English and the dedication to repair the game's English, I think the devs may extend an invitation to aid on that front.

If it were to come down to something like that, I wouldn't mind volunteering. I love this game and wouldn't mind giving back to its creators through the form of labor.

22 minutes ago, Arkhi said:

I imagine it would come down to a few individuals to sift through scripts in order to create a game with foolproof English, though as to whether or not the development team is interested in enlisting the help of those willing to aid, we're in the dark. 

Actually all dialogue can be found in a single file. It's intl.txt.

I think the spelling mistakes and gramatical errors are kinda distracting. I tend to ignore them since most of them are not too glaring but I still see it as a problem. But I don't think it's that big of a deal, so a whole topic discussing it might be a bit overboard. But I wouldn't mind one either if it can improve the game more.

• Developers

It's definitely a problem, and one that I acknowledged. I already had two people go through the game for me and scavenge the game for every typo they could find. They were pretty thorough and I think we honestly found most of them so I won't put up a whole new thread just for that.

I won't be releasing any new patch until V10, though. So they'll remain in the game until then.