What level should I play this game on?

The_Altrox

Started playing this game the other day. It's pretty fun. Definitely getting a Reborn vibe from it. I was trying to get one of the special starters, but I stopped when I got a Purple Bulbasaur (The Juice). Currently raising a Pidgey, Beautifly (nice early game mon), Bidoof, and Purloin with it, though I imagine I'll switch them out sooner or later. I just want a full-ish team for the first gym.

Question is, how difficult is this game? I'm all for challenge, but when I played Reborn, I reached a point in the game where unless you're using OU pokémon with perfect IVs and EVs, the game becomes too hard, and not in a fun way. I like hard mode battling, but I'd rather do it on one of the online emulators, like Showdown. In games like this, I'd like a challenging game that doesn't get so hard that I can't use "lesser" monsters.

I chose Normal mode as the middle road between Casual and Hard. So far, it's not bad, but I don't know if it will get tougher or not. For somebody with my preferences, would Hard be better, or is it too much? I'm pretty sure that the dude in the tent in the first town can change the difficulty, judging by his dialogue. But I don't know if the difficulty is gonna spike or not.

1 minute ago, The_Altrox said:

Started playing this game the other day. It's pretty fun. Definitely getting a Reborn vibe from it. I was trying to get one of the special starters, but I stopped when I got a Purple Bulbasaur (The Juice). Currently raising a Pidgey, Beautifly (nice early game mon), Bidoof, and Purloin with it, though I imagine I'll switch them out sooner or later. I just want a full-ish team for the first gym.

Question is, how difficult is this game? I'm all for challenge, but when I played Reborn, I reached a point in the game where unless you're using OU pokémon with perfect IVs and EVs, the game becomes too hard, and not in a fun way. I like hard mode battling, but I'd rather do it on one of the online emulators, like Showdown. In games like this, I'd like a challenging game that doesn't get so hard that I can't use "lesser" monsters.

I chose Normal mode as the middle road between Casual and Hard. So far, it's not bad, but I don't know if it will get tougher or not. For somebody with my preferences, would Hard be better, or is it too much? I'm pretty sure that the dude in the tent in the first town can change the difficulty, judging by his dialogue. But I don't know if the difficulty is gonna spike or not.

Is this your first time playing? If so, you may want to keep the difficulty to normal. The game can get pretty frustrating at times (not difficult, but frustrating), and you may just want to focus on building a balanced team. Having said that, there is a Pokemon you may want to catch for the first gym that can be amazing for the whole game if you play your cards right: Simple Woobat. Calm Mind and Double Team can decimate teams if you can set them up.

2 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Is this your first time playing? If so, you may want to keep the difficulty to normal. The game can get pretty frustrating at times (not difficult, but frustrating), and you may just want to focus on building a balanced team. Having said that, there is a Pokemon you may want to catch for the first gym that can be amazing for the whole game if you play your cards right: Simple Woobat. Calm Mind and Double Team can decimate teams if you can set them up.

It is my first time.

I was thinking about Woobat, but considering that my second and third strongest are also flying types, I decided against it. Then again, early team, so maybe I'll just run a third until I kick a few of them off.

It is my first time.

I was thinking about Woobat, but considering that my second and third strongest are also flying types, I decided against it. Then again, early team, so maybe I'll just run a third until I kick a few of them off.

It's just a suggestion. You don't have to follow it. The team certainly looks like fun, though! I would also recommend getting a Kantonian Golem or a Lycanroc midday form. I like Golem more because of Sturdy and Stealth Rock, but Lycanroc hits hard.

4 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

It's just a suggestion. You don't have to follow it. The team certainly looks like fun, though! I would also recommend getting a Kantonian Golem or a Lycanroc midday form. I like Golem more because of Sturdy and Stealth Rock, but Lycanroc hits hard.

I know. It's a good suggestion. My team isn't exactly stunning.
I might get a Lycanroc, honestly. Haven't used one of those yet. I always try to use new monsters, which is probably what doomed me in Reborn, lol

I will have to say, in neither this game nor Reborn do you have to have perfectly IVd/EVd mons. Its perfectly possbile to beat both games with "terrible" mons. I had a Swanna and Exploud on my main Reborn team. Its just a matter of strategy.

For this go for Normal Difficulty.

17 minutes ago, Swampellow said:

I will have to say, in neither this game nor Reborn do you have to have perfectly IVd/EVd mons. Its perfectly possbile to beat both games with "terrible" mons. I had a Swanna and Exploud on my main Reborn team. Its just a matter of strategy.

For this go for Normal Difficulty.

I know you don't need perfect mons, but in Reborn, it was getting damn near impossible. I was using a lot of lower tiers like Simipour, Cherrim, and Meowstic, all of whom go down super quick and didn't deal enough damage. I also had an Elecktross and Noivern who were better... but I mostly had to fall back on my speed boost Blaziken. Even that wasn't always a life saver. I haven't fought the most recent gym leader yet, but I got tired of putting in the effort. 

50 minutes ago, The_Altrox said:

I know you don't need perfect mons, but in Reborn, it was getting damn near impossible. I was using a lot of lower tiers like Simipour, Cherrim, and Meowstic, all of whom go down super quick and didn't deal enough damage. I also had an Elecktross and Noivern who were better... but I mostly had to fall back on my speed boost Blaziken. Even that wasn't always a life saver. I haven't fought the most recent gym leader yet, but I got tired of putting in the effort. 

You actually only need strategy to defeat Reborn. @Vhandrake did it solely with the 'mons that have a special item. Clamperl, Marowak, Ditto, Pikachu, Chansey and Farfetch'd. And lots of others have run monotypes on this, including myself.

If you are the type of trainer that likes brute-forcing your way through a game, it will be hard. So, I'd suggest you go for normal difficulty, if Reborn seemed THAT difficult to you.

If you see it's easy, "His name is Luck and he doesn't give a.... crap!" 

Edited by Jess

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

If you are the type of trainer that likes brute-forcing your way through a game, it will be hard. So, I'd suggest you go for normal difficulty, if Reborn seemed THAT difficult to you.

It's not even that, so much as that I could never properly set-up with mons like Meowstic and Simipour without them getting oneshotted later in the game. Elektross and Blaziken were set ups. Cherrim would have been too if it wasn't so damn frail.

Just now, The_Altrox said:

It's not even that, so much as that I could never properly set-up with mons like Meowstic and Simipour without them getting oneshotted later in the game. Elektross and Blaziken were set ups. Cherrim would have been too if it wasn't so damn frail.

Meowstic has Reflect, Light Screen and Prankster (if Male), so it can set up quite easily! Also, you gotta try to find an opening to setup. Get enemy to red HP, then (while he/she heals up), use that turn to set up. In my Bug mono, it was all about getting one Tailwind up in so many fights! Or a Rain Dance, or Water Sport, or Dual Screens.

If you go and Calm Mind with Meowstic in the face of a Gengar, or a Bisharp, of course it will OHKO you. Gotta find the timing to do it. Cherrim would benefit from Dual Screens and Sunny Day, if you could set them up with Meowstic and Eelektross.

Ah, my Meowstic is female. I foolishly thought that the Special Attack buff ability would be good, but it's really not that great in the later game unless you know a mon with Intimidate is coming out. Pretty situational ability at the end of the day.

Ah, my Meowstic is female. I foolishly thought that the Special Attack buff ability would be good, but it's really not that great in the later game unless you know a mon with Intimidate is coming out. Pretty situational ability at the end of the day.

Ah, I see... I used Female one too in my first run. But Male is much better! Well, have a rotation of about 10 'mons, instead of trying to solo run with only 6. Then pick the most suitable ones for every fight. It will be much easier.

I run Intense mode and beat all the gym leaders with stuff like Magcargo, Exploud, Lurantis etc. The game can be really hard and sometimes force you to reset quite a bit before you figure the harder battles out, but nothing too stupid so far. As long as you use your resources right you won't be forced to pick overpowered mons imo

I would say that the normal difficulty level of Rejuvenation is quite a bit easier than Reborn, while the intense difficulty level is approximately the same difficulty level as Reborn.

personally, I found the intense difficulty level of rejuvenation to be just perfect and was never stuck at any point in time and never had to breed or rely on strategies from the Internet.so you're if you're up for a challenge I recommend you try it But then again there is nothing wrong with going for the normal difficulty level as it also provides an enjoyable experience.

I think for the moment play in normal mode.There is Luck's Tent in east gearen city where you can change the difficulty for the price of shards.So,if you find normal mode too easy or too hard,you can just change the difficulty.

Once you have beaten the first 4 gyms,you will have less problems with the later gyms because you will have more access to better wild or event pokemons.

If you do have any problems in earlier gyms,you can always use a Woobat with simple abilty,set up with calm mind and sweep.