Reborn-like fangames from other franchises?

Lord C

It kinda dawned to me that I was close-minded regarding this stuff. After playing Reborn I have been searching and playing other fangames of Pokemon, but I never stopped to consider of thigns outside Pokemon. Like, what if we have a Zelda like that? Or maybe a Metroid? Or like a Mario in a screwed up kingdom. Well it doesn't necessarily need to be dark and stuff but damn! I never had stopped to wonder what people could have developed and what I could be missing without even imagining it.

So, did anyone play and have fangames outside of pokemon to recommend?

Only thing that comes to mind for me is AMR2 (Another Metroid Remake 2)

unfortunately it got cease and desisted by Nintendo and is a hard find.

on the other hand there are tons and I mean TONS of indie games on steam that are heavily inspired by a lot of games that are dirt cheap.  My personal favorites are Guacamelee and Shantae.

On 31/07/2017 at 2:55 PM, Wolfox said:

*raises hand to speak*

*goes into a thinking pose*

I actually have no clue

(I love your Yuri sig tho)

Thanks, I love Yuri

On 31/07/2017 at 4:21 PM, Seal said:

There is a Super Mario World romhack named 'call of cthulhu'. I think it's based of a book. But you should look it up because it's still a fun game if you didn't read the book. 

That seems friggin awesome and I'm totally gonna try it out

On 02/08/2017 at 6:04 AM, GS BALL said:

Why didn't you say earlier?

There are lots of Zelda fangames, but most got ceased. I never were a Zelda player/fan, so i didn't go through them, but the "Ocarina of Time 2d" fangame, really caught my eye!

Metroid? Best fangame on it, is "Another Metroid 2 Remake". It was even nominated for "Best fan Creation of 2016", in an official contest! Got ceased, but fortunately, you can still locate its download easily! 1.1 is the latest version, get this one and start playing, it is GREAT! 2 hours or less you beat the game, there is a "surprise" for you, too (he he he)!

Best mario fangame i have played myself, is "Super Mario Bros X". Has crossover features from the best, most classic Mario games ever... The old Bros titles and the World, from SNES! They even create random episodes (something like mods/expansions), so this is the thing! It even has Link from Zelda as a playable character, you HAVE TO try it!

You are forgetting Castlevania, though... Not a Nintendo exclusive series, but still... Best fangames on it are, in order of quality: "Castlevania: The Lecarde Chronicles 2" and "Castlevania the Lecarde Chronicles". 2 is after the style of "Symphony of the Night", the best in the series and one of the best games ever made of all time, with Konami allowing the developer to make this game (one of the very few "legal" fangames i have ever come across), a voice actor from the official games doing some work on this one's character(s) and other good stuff. 1 is more like the classic games of old and way more difficult, obviously...

Best fangame and widely known too, but not of Nintendo, is "Streets of Rage Remake version 5.1", of Sega. This is a masterpiece and not a paragraph, not a page, can even describe it well enough. Old arcade players and beat em up fans, merely sink in and lose their gamer's life, with this one. It also gets regular modifications and crossovers with other classic arcades of old, or custom made scenarios, so there is always something new to do with it. Seriously, get this gem right now!

Dat Castlevania and Mario are directly on the tops of my list to try now After that I'll go for the others. Thanks!

Edited by Lord C

On 01/08/2017 at 3:18 PM, Godot said:

Only thing that comes to mind for me is AMR2 (Another Metroid Remake 2)

unfortunately it got cease and desisted by Nintendo and is a hard find.

on the other hand there are tons and I mean TONS of indie games on steam that are heavily inspired by a lot of games that are dirt cheap.  My personal favorites are Guacamelee and Shantae.

Love those games. I also tried other indies, but guess I'll go look for more since games like Axiom Verge had a lot of what I wanted. Gonna try the Metroid Remake too