Theme Tour III: Absorbing the Cost

DW~

Alright then so I'm having my try at hosting one of these theme tours and as such there's a challenge.

As the title may suggest, in this tour you must run a mon with one of the absorption abilities, which are the regular abilities that absorb attacks, and ones that reduce damage in general by my definition (Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Lightning Rod,Fur Coat, Thicc Fat, etc.) OR a draining move (Giga Drain, Draining Kiss, Drain Punch,etc.) . The tier that this tour will be run in is Gen 7 [NU].

*Banlist: Z-Moves, Life Orb, Flame Orb, Toxic Orb (latter 3 for the purpose that the theme of the tour is taking attacks and hp restoration, these items take away health every move or turn)

*Might be edited more later but I'll actually do updates on this thread as compared to @Guzam 

Also feel free to discuss time and date below in the thread! Edit: Just remembered I won't be here on the 5th to host so the tour won't be held then, any other date and time is acceptable until the 12th.

Edited by DW~

I´ve been out of here for too long, might as well give it a try. Count me in!
Edit: Do abilities that grant immunity like Levitate also count? It would be good to have a list of the allowed abilities.

Edited by Notus

@Bibs Both Megas are banned due to the tier being NU so that shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, both are legal as long as one mon with an absorption ability is run, doesn't matter which one in particular. So you could run Lightningrod Manectric if you wanted to.

Instead of limiting this to ONE mon, why not include mons that have at least one draining (aka ABSORBING) move  and   make it so all of the team consists entirely of pokemon with either absorbing abilities or moves (at least 1 of each)?

The variety would be big enough to not have this one pokemon rule.

Edited by DemICE

I'll think about it but since this is my first time hosting I didn't want to have such a restrictive mon pool, I do have ways to restrict gameplay which I am considering though (also @the draining move, you could just spam toxicroak since it fits both but I'll check out mon movepools first before implementing.)

2 hours ago, DW~ said:

@Bibs Both Megas are banned due to the tier being NU so that shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, both are legal as long as one mon with an absorption ability is run, doesn't matter which one in particular. So you could run Lightningrod Manectric if you wanted to.

whoops I read that wrong, my bad