Obscure games

GranKnight

Hey guys I thought it might be a fun idea to start a thread where people talk about games that they really liked that aren't very well known or advertised, I know that for me one of my favorite games I've played is called Lock's quest for the DS it was a sort of tower defense game and it was the first game to make me cry haha. So what are your guys' obscure games that not many people know? Be sure to tell me why cause it's always awesome to hear why people like something, even if you can't quite put your finger on it just say because I like it, it's better than nothing!

Lost Kingdoms I and II on game cube

Folklore on PS3

they both had similar battle systems, which was real time action using creatures that perform different kinds of attacks or functions.

Lost kingdoms set them to cards that were mapped to the buttons, and after so many uses or else discarded, were gone and a new random card from the deck would be set it its place.

Folklore has you exploring different levels of the nether realm trying to solve a slew of murders and tragic events that happened in the past.

Definitely space station 13

Ignoring the learning curve it's preety much being thrown into a pit with 30 other lads where you literally have the freedom to do just about anything you want.

Want to turn humans into monkeys... Sure!

Want to become lord of the slimes... sure!

Want to kidnap the chef and slowly cut off their limbs whilst simutaneously getting your pet robot to spout spicy memes to a bleeding man... Sure!

Best part is that it's free and there's multiple servers which can vary preety dang drastically

Battle Tanks: Global Assault was probably my favorite hidden gem of the PS1.  A variety of fictional tanks (with one or two real ones thrown in) and with a somewhat hurorusly dark plat (complete with a supernatural power called......**drumroll**.......The Edge.  It's edginess is not even subtle).   Too bad it never got the sequel the ending hinted at since 3DO went under.

I also loved Wargames: Deafcon, based on the classic Wargames movie somewhat.

On 7/30/2017 at 8:07 PM, PokeFailure said:

Radiata Stories on the PS2 was pretty awesome. I'm like 90% sure it's the RPG I played and it will always have a special place in my memory.

I played and still have that one.   I'll probably write a piece later on what cool obscure games I played.

• 2 weeks later...

If i remember correctly the name was Vanquish. Was a third person shooter for Playstation 3 (pretty sure it got a steam port). Got amazing reviews and not a single person played the thing. It was really fun, short but sweet, not a whole lot with the story just really compelling gameplay for an action shooter. I think its like 20 bucks on steam, and its worth it IMO.