A New Opponent Has Appeared

OrnsteinSoulsTV

Hello, I by the name OrnsteinSoulsTV. But to keep it short and simple, Call me Ornstein. I've played Pokemon since I was probably 3 1/2~4. I started out with Red, and no I'm not a genwunner but I do love the Kanto region. I look forward to associate with all you fine people, and possibly forge new friendships.

someone who started with Gen 1 and isn;t a genwunner? I guess everything is possible... (maybe there truly is love for me somewhere)

all joking aside, welcome to reborn

Welcome to the forums, fellow oldie.  Hopefully you will find something to your liking (aside from Pokemon, of course).

11 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

someone who started with Gen 1 and isn;t a genwunner? I guess everything is possible... (maybe there truly is love for me somewhere)

all joking aside, welcome to reborn

Not all of us oldies are so closeminded.  Honestly, I think it's a minority by this point.  Honestly, Gen 1 had some of the worst designs if you go by amount of effort put in at making them different than the source animal.

and yet somehow people believe it to be a flawless game. and the one game that managed to do what gen 1 did, fill a whole region with just mons of it's own gen, is somehow the worst, while gen 5 is obviously better

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

and yet somehow people believe it to be a flawless game. and the one game that managed to do what gen 1 did, fill a whole region with just mons of it's own gen, is somehow the worst, while gen 5 is obviously better

That's probably why Gen 5 is my favorite.  Once I started playing Pokemon again, I started there, and Black really felt like I was starting fresh, since everything was new; the closest game that probably recaptured Gen 1's spirit.  

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

white was my first pokemon game, and most likely the one game which save file I will always keep, since it was literally the first time I played pokemon

I wish I still had my Red cartridge, but my cousin decided to 'borrow it' once and then never returned it before moving.  I do still have my original Pokemon, Charizard, on my copy of Crystal, but I'm not sure if it will turn on at this point.  I haven't turned on my back-busted Gameboy advanced  in years (somehow I got a golden Pokemon themed one----I don't even remember how).