Strangest Pokemon you Ever Used?

The question for this topic is simple: whether it be in game or online, what Pokemon have you used that you considered to be strange, maybe even bad, that you ended up using for the rest of your play through?

For me, the answer is Wobbuffet. I caught one for my HeartGold team, wanting to get something different. I named him Lieutenant (since he is usually in a salute pose), and he became my favorite member of the team. Yes, he was a pain to train, but he brought down entire countries! I beat Red with a team in the mid to high forties because Wobbuffet took out four of Red's Pokemon (Blastoise and Venusaur with Light Screened Mirror Coats, Snorlax with a Focus Sash Counter, and Lapras with a Counter). He is always going to hold a big place in my heart for one of my favorite members ever.

Edited by FactoryofSadness

Back in the days of Red, on my second playthrough, I made an odd choice of using the Farfecthd that you can trade for in Vermilion City.  I was surprised it was gaining levels so quick (unaware at the time of the more exp from traded Pokemon feature).  In place of a starter, it became my incredibly overleveled mon.  I pretty much exclusively used it after Surge.  If memory serves me right, it somehow got up to the 70's by Cinnabar Island; these are incredibly old memories, so things may be inaccurate..........

Then somehow I got genuinely stuck in Cinanabar Mansion.  I knew the place thoroughly from my first playthrough, but saving and quitting in an area caused a door to reset, trapping me in.  With no Dig (........maybe) or Escape rope, I was left with no choice but to restart the game.  Many pre-teen tears were shed and I learned a lesson in Pokemon that I stick to till this day: ALWAYS HAVE AN ESCAPE ROPE WITH YOU.  Anyway, that's the story of the Farfetchd that was set to carry me through the game.....at least until Giovanni or Loriel probably would have OHK'd it......

back when I first bought pearl (fourth-ever core series game I had after fr, ruby and lg), I found pretty early in the game a mon I thought id use for the rest of my run. now, when little me played a pokemon game, he always, always made sure that he caught six pokemon, and didnt use anything but those six pokemon.

I caught a combee.

it was male.

it couldnt evolve.

I didnt know.

I reached victory road with a level 50 combee that only knew gust and sweet scent before restarting the game.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

back when I first bought pearl (fourth-ever core series game I had after fr, ruby and lg), I found pretty early in the game a mon I thought id use for the rest of my run. now, when little me played a pokemon game, he always, always made sure that he caught six pokemon, and didnt use anything but those six pokemon.

I caught a combee.

it was male.

it couldnt evolve.

I didnt know.

I reached victory road with a level 50 combee that only knew gust and sweet scent before restarting the game.

almost same.

lil' me played Emerald for the first time. He picked up Illumise and thought, "man, it'd totally evolve into a Volbeat!"

So I had an Illumise all the way till Lilycove. It got to Level 50 before I gave up and boxed it.

1 hour ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Indeed it does!

I mean, on the top of my head that was the one I can remember. For a short period of time I laddered in Showdown Monotype using Normal-type, and I had Regigigas in my team. Confuse Ray actually saved my bacon a couple of times.

• 1 month later...

In Crystal I got a shiny Smoochum from the Odd Egg and I didn't evolve her (I never evolve shiny Pokemon because the shiny colorations of their evolved stages are totally unrelated to those of the base stages). She hit surprisingly hard with Dizzy Punch / Ice Punch / Ice Beam / Psychic 

Well my first ever pokemon game I played was Diamond and as a new trainer I wanted to catch em all. So I started catching almost anything in the first routes. So I encountered a bidoof and thought it would be a nice addition to the team design wise. At start it was doing a decent job but as I moved ahead, it started performing poorly but I didn't want to move it to the box. So I found a different way it could help me in my adventure. So yeah, you probably already guessed it, I made it learn 4 HM moves and therefore, while not helping in battles, it became one of my greatest allies in the playthrough!

P.S. Later I found out that many people did the same with their bidoofs - Bibarels and they were calling them HM slaves.