I just beat Mercury with just one badge

Tapu Fufu

...And a couple of shiny lv. 7 pokemon were the main stars of this showdown. 

(In case you guys don't remember or haven't seen her, she's the trainer with the lv. 93 Alakazam. This took a lot of tries and experimenting to achieve. Obviously.)

So starting off, I found out quickly that she had two Full Restores. The first thing I did is set up two layers of Toxic Spikes with Hefty, my trusty shiny Trubbish, while her Abra was out. The next thing i did was nudge her into using her Full Restores before sending out her powerhouses (I brought Abra down to its Focus Sash to burn up the first and then I used Poison Gas with Hefty and chipped her down to burn her second one). 

So I sent out my shiny A. Rattata next against her Kadabra. I knew she had Energy Ball thanks to past experience, so I send out Jangmo-o to see if it could tank the hit. It turns out he had Bulletproof meaning he absorbed the Energy Ball completely! So basically, I switch between Rattata (this works even if she switches up her strategy and uses Shadow Ball, since A. Rattata absorbs that, too) and Jangmo-o, occasionally using protect in case she catches on to my tricks. The only thing that worried me was that Alakazam would have Magic Guard. Thank goodness it didn't and I pretty much cheesed my way too victory thanks my Hefty bag, my Rattata bathed in the blood of its enemies, and this weird little dragon with an ability I never thought would come in handy. 

This has to be the most hilarious thing ever. I'm so glad I tried even after seeing her Alakazam. It made for some good laughs. I wish I got this on video, but I didn't have one around and I was certain she had some trick up her sleeve that would ruin it (like a hidden third Full Restore or something). Damn though, my Jangmo-o was almost up to lv. 30 after this and I haven't even gotten to Route 2, yet. 

30 minutes ago, Tapu Fufu said:

(In case you guys don't remember or haven't seen her, she's the trainer with the lv. 93 Alakazam. This took a lot of tries and experimenting to achieve. Obviously.)

So starting off, I found out quickly that she had two Full Restores. The first thing I did is set up two layers of Toxic Spikes with Hefty, my trusty shiny Trubbish, while her Abra was out. The next thing i did was nudge her into using her Full Restores before sending out her powerhouses (I brought Abra down to its Focus Sash to burn up the first and then I used Poison Gas with Hefty and chipped her down to burn her second one). 

So I sent out my shiny A. Rattata next against her Kadabra. I knew she had Energy Ball thanks to past experience, so I send out Jangmo-o to see if it could tank the hit. It turns out he had Bulletproof meaning he absorbed the Energy Ball completely! So basically, I switch between Rattata (this works even if she switches up her strategy and uses Shadow Ball, since A. Rattata absorbs that, too) and Jangmo-o, occasionally using protect in case she catches on to my tricks. The only thing that worried me was that Alakazam would have Magic Guard. Thank goodness it didn't and I pretty much cheesed my way too victory thanks my Hefty bag, my Rattata bathed in the blood of its enemies, and this weird little dragon with an ability I never thought would come in handy. 

This has to be the most hilarious thing ever. I'm so glad I tried even after seeing her Alakazam. It made for some good laughs. I wish I got this on video, but I didn't have one around and I was certain she had some trick up her sleeve that would ruin it (like a hidden third Full Restore or something). Damn though, my Jangmo-o was almost up to lv. 30 after this and I haven't even gotten to Route 2, yet. 

Congo Bro. Your luck was good but your strategy was impressive and it really let you beat an opponent who i defeated at a  much later stage!

11 hours ago, Tapu Fufu said:

It really overpowers your winning Pokemon. I didn't need to train my Purrlion (Liepard) for ages after that