Reborn Showdown server: does it work for everyone else?

chuckles

Well my old computer broke in March and since then I haven't been able to get into the Showdown server. I can access other servers on Showdown though, apparently. I'm bad at actively looking at forums so I don't know if something happened to it or if it's an issue with my new laptop. If I try to enter the server, it just says "connecting..." forever. 

I was kind of bothered by this but I'd been busy enough that I didn't take it seriously. Of course, with Ultra Sun and Moon coming out in a few months, among other things, it'd be nice to just pop in to discuss things and make jokes when I can. I'm seriously looking forward to following the fun playthroughs people did last year, as well. Anyway, I'm just looking for information here, and maybe some troubleshooting hahaha

4 hours ago, chuckles said:

I don't even know what Discord is...

Under the reborn banner at the top, there is a tab called "Social" with two subtabs. One is a link to the Reborn showdown and the other is to the Reborn discord. It's like skype, but marginally better... so naturally everyone bandwagoned their way onto it.

Is it actually better? When you log in you can scroll up pages and pages more that you could on showdown to read older things written by other people, but nobody does that cuz tldr. And even if people did choose to look at things posted at an earlier time... well if that sounds like simply posting on a forum, you would be right, but nobody appreciates it when you point out the obvious. Rebornians are like raccoons- if it's shiny and sparkles.... they want it. It can't be a trap. Wtf is being objective and judging things based on merit? It's new so it has to be better or else a lot of people will look stupid. Like Trump voters this entire time he's been in office.

.... Oops???

Not my idea, not my choice, but you'd better figure it out and join it because you clearly want to chat with people (just like showdown) but you don't care if you never ever have a pokemon battle again because you can do that on showdown but very few people go there, so fuck you if you like pokemon battles against real people... Because we're a non-battling pokemon community now? idk man- clearly, it is objectively better to split the userbase between chat and gaming because... because. I'm just using your question to air out old objections that only ever got one response. "it's better. It's objectively better, why can't you see that?" To which I respond by pointing back at the rest of this post and ask them if I fucking stuttered. le sigh.