Please raise the odds of receiving non-regular starters.

So, I've spent five hours of my life Soft Resetting for a Ralts. And that's doing it efficiently using 3x speed and with barely any breaks. These are the ratios of non-regular starters i've found so far!~

Riolu:  1 (Found roughly four and a half hours in, I actually thought my game was glitched until I got him.) 

Ralts:  0 (This is the starter I wanted, Garde is by far my favourite pokemon and I was super excited when I was told Ralts could be my starter!)

Eevee: 0 

That weird sound dragon nobody wants: 0 

To me, frankly, this is kind of a joke. It's inconceivable to me that you would expect anyone to put in this much time just for an alternate starter they want. The feature is a great idea but the odds seriously need increasing, there's NO reason that I should have to pass up like 600 protean Froakies just for a Ralts that will ultimately be MUCH worse. 

My goal was actually a female Ralts as a starter, yeah that's clearly not happening. 

Please God just let me play your game ;~; 

five hours? lmao you either extremely patient or just straight up insane :P i commend the effort though

but yeah i feel you on that lol i was like 30 minutes into soft resetting and I was like alright i'm done with this. i went and downloaded the randomizer to get Riolu and then i uninstalled it afterwards. took me about 5-10 minutes to get riolu, probably saved myself a good 10 hours of my time 

First: I agree, Gardevoir is the best mon created thus far.

second: Jan most likely won't increase the Jackpot Starter chances as they are Jackpot starters. They are supposed to be rare as frig. getting one should be like winning a lotto (only less important, cuz this is a game)

third: I'm assuming Cynthia is your favorite champ by your avatar and name. which I also agree with if that's the case, Cynthia is the best

I really love the idea of having Ralts as a starter, and also I naturally breed all my shiny's and competitive pokemon so i'm kinda used to mundane tasks~

I have Netflix on my other monitor so it's not that bad, after about an hour I was just doing it out of spite to see how long it took. 

My patience is all used up though at this point, I don't think i'll be playing the game anymore unless my whining somehow accomplishes something and they raise the odds. Which is sad, because the rival is really intriguing so I was looking forward to playing out the story, and the music so far is reallly good!

If I could change anything else about the game it would be adding the ability to have a female protagonist with non-pink hair. The guy designs look really cool and well-done, I don't want bubblegum hair ;~; 

Also obedience level-caps are always mundane and stressful to get around, at least they were in Reborn since I prefer having a few dedicated and trained pokemon rather than six medium ones.

Also @Wolfox you're really, really, really overvaluing the concept of having a Ralts as a starter if you think getting one should have the same odds of the lottery.

Riolu aside, Eevee and Ralts are actually really bad starters. The fact that it takes 10 minutes max for a Protean Froakie, currently dominating the OU metagame, and i'm no closer to a Ralts five hours in super dumb to me. 

1 minute ago, Lewd Cynthia said:

Also @Wolfox you're really, really, really overvaluing the concept of having a Ralts as a starter if you think getting one should have the same odds of the lottery.

I vever said I agreed with the high rates, did I? I only tried expaining the reason why it takes so long, heck people soft reset for days sometimes xD

I typed that very last line to you in a rush, it sounded super rude but I really didn't mean it to be so sorry about that!~ <3 Also is the Gardevoir in your trainer card a custom sprite? Or is there actually a way to get that colour scheme because it looks so cute *~* I want one

On a side note this whole post sounds very judge-y so i'd just like to clarify that the only reason I spent so long resetting and the only reason i've posted in a forum about it for the first time in my life is because I really loved the start of this game, I just wanna play through with a Ralts. <3 

41 minutes ago, Lucifer said:

five hours? lmao you either extremely patient or just straight up insane :P i commend the effort though

but yeah i feel you on that lol i was like 30 minutes into soft resetting and I was like alright i'm done with this. i went and downloaded the randomizer to get Riolu and then i uninstalled it afterwards. took me about 5-10 minutes to get riolu, probably saved myself a good 10 hours of my time 

Glad my randomizer was of use to you :D

28 minutes ago, Lewd Cynthia said:

I typed that very last line to you in a rush, it sounded super rude but I really didn't mean it to be so sorry about that!~ <3 Also is the Gardevoir in your trainer card a custom sprite? Or is there actually a way to get that colour scheme because it looks so cute *~* I want one

On a side note this whole post sounds very judge-y so i'd just like to clarify that the only reason I spent so long resetting and the only reason i've posted in a forum about it for the first time in my life is because I really loved the start of this game, I just wanna play through with a Ralts. <3 

don't worry about it, I'm used to blunt or more rude-ish statements (Dutchmen).

And the one in that Trainer Card is actually the custom shiny Gardevoir of Pokemon Reborn. Also. in reborn you can trade with other players (an edge it has over rejuvenation) but no jackpot starters, so if you want I could send you a Ralts and maybe another Pokemon to start that journey if you play reborn that is

Gardevoir is an event pokemon, it has the regular reborn shiny chances. and Rejuvenation has the same level cap, it's just something that can be annoying to get used to at first

1 hour ago, Lewd Cynthia said:

I tried playing Reborn before but I could never get past the grass gym because of the stupid obedience cap ;~; If it has that Gardevoir though i'll definitely try it again! How do you get it?

Use the F.E.A.R tactic to beat Florinia.

By that I mean use six Fearows.

Edited by DerogatoryTrainer

7 hours ago, Lewd Cynthia said:

Riolu aside, Eevee and Ralts are actually really bad starters. The fact that it takes 10 minutes max for a Protean Froakie, currently dominating the OU metagame, and i'm no closer to a Ralts five hours in super dumb to me. 

Have to disagree with this one, psychic is probably the best starter to get given the first few gym leaders type. I started with Espeon (evolved him before Venam) and he dominates most of the gym leaders before Narcissa. 

As others pointed out there are some mods out there like randomizer mod available in the forum to help you started if you have given up on jackpot machine. Good luck getting your starter! I went thru the pains of soft-resets as well so I understand how you are feeling. :) 

Off topic, but for reborn, you can easily request Ralts in the Online Play Forum, many kind breeders would give you a ralts to start with. Sadly, rejuvenation have no trading function. ;) 

Edited by Phandaria

You must just be having terrible luck, because I have had each one of the jackpot starters pop up in easily less than 3 hours when i most recently did it.

And the point of them being so rare is because they aren't standard starters, if you really want to get one you'll try to.

In the case of Eevee, it is probably one of the best starters for the early game, because you can easily get an Espeon or Sylveon before the first gym (same with Riolu really), which is another reason why the chances are so rare.

I think spending an hour or so would be a fair ask for people who want a special starter, I was at it again for another hour, now totaling six hours, still nothing. There's no reason for them all to have an equal chance, if the happiness evos are that game breaking then keep them at the current rarity or maybe there are better options to be considered for the non-standard starters, Ralts specifically is most definitely weaker than the majority of starters, and definitely isn't a pokemon worth six hours to get. I'm just continuing out of spite and because of how much I love the mon. 

3 minutes ago, Lewd Cynthia said:

I think spending an hour or so would be a fair ask for people who want a special starter, I was at it again for another hour, now totaling six hours, still nothing. There's no reason for them all to have an equal chance, if the happiness evos are that game breaking then keep them at the current rarity or maybe there are better options to be considered for the non-standard starters, Ralts specifically is most definitely weaker than the majority of starters, and definitely isn't a pokemon worth six hours to get. I'm just continuing out of spite and because of how much I love the mon. 

Refenge on the machine! once you get it you can laugh at it's face >:)

The Jackpot Starter concent worked better when it was an actual surprise, now when everyone knows of it it just...lost one of it's main points. Still, it's meant to be rare as hell. Specifically, 1/22 * 1/60 odds for a specific Jackpot Starter.

1 hour ago, phoenica said:

Did you consider instead spending up to ~30 minutes to get rpg maker xp, and learn how to cheat pokemon you need yourself? :D

The mod menu even lets you bypass this, since it allows access to the debug menu.........sigh

Edited by seki108

I don't get why everyone hates on Jangmo'o so much. I purposely soft reset to get him as my starter after coming back after a long time and realizing the game had access to gen 7 pokemon and Jangmo'o as a starter. Sure, he's kinda useless until he evolves, but a combination of Sky Uppercut, Dragon Claw, Work Up/Dragon Dance, and Iron Defense eventually is pretty great and well worth it if you ask me. I recently bred him for one with perfect atk, def, and spd IVs and he destroys things and even has decent coverage against his weaknesses (Sky Uppercut for Ice, Dragon Claw for, well, Dragons, and Poison Jab for Fairies).

As for your Ralts problem, if you're really so set on Ralts that you actually won't play if you can have it, why not use the Mod Menu's access to the debug menu and just turn the starter you get into a Raltz?

EDIT: I forgot to mention how great at the very least Bulletproof is as an ability. Immunity to Sludge Bomb, Seed Bomb, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, just to name a few, is amazing. (It protects against 23 different attacks in total).

Edited by BijutsuYoukai
Additional reasons