Game suggestions

mar_mar

3 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

Hi everyone! I'd like to start playing a new game. Feel free to suggest anything you have in mind. I'll play it on my laptop so I can support a few emulators. 

Go for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door!

52 minutes ago, Pμrple said:

Pokemon desolation , pokemon paradox , pokemon academy life , pokemon insurgence :) 

I've played desolation, I like it a lot. ^^ 

I know insurgence as well but the other two seem interesting. I'll check them out!

That entirely depends on which type of game you want to play. personally my favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy 6, it is available on steam, alternatively it also has a great port for the Game Boy advance. So if you liked Reborn because of  its dark setting, great plot and wonderful characters you will definitely enjoy this one.

Edited by Tartar

18 minutes ago, Seal said:

Try Pokemon Conquest for the DS, it's an underrated masterpiece.

THIS.

The post game is wide, and the main story is really unique. It also helps the game is inspired by real Japanese history. If anything, this is the best individual side game in the series.

6 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

THIS.

The post game is wide, and the main story is really unique. It also helps the game is inspired by real Japanese history. If anything, this is the best individual side game in the series.

the downside is that it can be very grindy.

Portal 1 and 2 are pretty great.

I have steam but I'd rather play something for free, for now. I've played final fantasy 6 before, I liked it a lot. 

I've played pokemon conquest as well but it's a bit difficult if you want to play it from an emulator. Totally Angelica now...it sounds familiar to me. I may have seen it somewhere. 

Well I suggest:

Pokemon and its infinite ROM hacks (my favorites are Light Platnium and Glazed)

Super Metroid ( and the infinite ROM hacks as well, I highly recommend Super Metroid Redesign if you are a veteran player.)

Mother 3 with translation patch / Earthbound (but I guess you can buy on the E shop)

If you are playing on emulator you should look up ROM hacks of your favorite games. I was quite surprised in what I could find.

I'd suggest giving Rune Factory 3 a try, it's basically stardew valley mixed into a fantasy setting. It's a ds game so Desmume or Drastic should be able to run it for ya.

+1 for Pokemon Academy Life as well from me, it's just a demo at the moment but HOLY CRAP THE  P O T E N T I A L