FE: Awakening 2017

SuperNova

Hi there people so, some time ago I posted a thread about my first FE game and I got hooked up in the series with diffrent games in different emulators and I bought echoes 😍😍.

However, I got into the series with a playthrough of awakening and after all this time I would like to play it myself. So the problem is that no shop has the game and I don't want from the eshop as I'm not good with online purchases. I would prefare to avoid cheating. And I am not sure about this citra emulator as I only have an outdated laptop (7 years ).

So, how can I play the game? Should I trust citra, or look better for a retail version?

Including me. I had to buy it on the e-shop but they did eventually ship out more hard copies. I'd say wait and try to find one at one of your local stores, like gamestop. If you ask them, they can search their system to see if they have a copy at any of their other stores in town.

if not, you could load up a prepaid card or whatever it is they have and then buy it from the e-shop with the redemption code. again, the people at the store can help you with this.

last but not least, if you decide or figure out how you're gonna get it for your 3ds, you'll probably want to upgrade to a bigger memory card. FEA takes up quite a bit of memory.

Buy it digitally. It probably still sells for a full 50 bucks for a physical copy that was used.

As for emulators the 3DS emulator is still trying to get on its feet. You'll definitely need a capable PC setup to get it running and thats if you can find a reliable download for the game.

3DS and Wii U emulation is far from being as widespread as GBA, GameCube, and N64 emulation.

Sooo, this may be out of topic but while scroling through the eshop for awakening I found also fates so I got intrested, however does the eshop version have all 3 games or only one cause I am not up for buying all three fates versions.

Edited by SuperNova

10 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Sooo, this may be out of topic but while scroling through the eshop for awakening I found also fates so I got intrested, however does the eshop version have all 3 games or only one cause I am not up for buying all three fates versions.

There's probably a bundle for all 3 or at least two of 'em, but I really couldn't say for certain without looking through it myself.

4 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

There's probably a bundle for all 3 or at least two of 'em, but I really couldn't say for certain without looking through it myself.

Well after research I believe that only ome you get but the other two are about 20 bucks I believe so around 90 or 80 buck for the whole experience.

The question should I buy awakening  for 50 or fates for 80( I am not sure )?

8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Well after research I believe that only ome you get but the other two are about 20 bucks I believe so around 90 or 80 buck for the whole experience.

The question should I buy awakening  for 50 or fates for 80( I am not sure )?

Is that in Canadian dollars? But yeah, I guess that's how it was, you buy one regular price and then the other two were discounted. If you were to choose two of 'em, I'd probably go for not-revelations. Experience the dichotomies of the two branches. I heard revelations doesn't add much.

But if it's fates vs awakening, I'd say awakening. I like the characters and the plot more.

That really depends on which you prefer. If you like to keep it simple and well, play casually (I'm using the word loosely here) then Awakening could be the choice for you. If you're not planning to play both Conquest and Birthright and just either one, you're going to miss out on some story content - while it might not be that great of a loss (the plot of Fates isn't particularly good), there's no closure to the story Revelations doesn't count. By purchasing Awakening you get a whole story for the price of one game.

Conquest in terms of gameplay is leagues above Awakening. Some have even compared it to how Fire Emblem used to be. That also means Conquest, especially on higher difficulties, (and with permadeath) is more difficult than Awakening or Birthright. Some people criticize Awakening for being easily "breakable" but in my opinion Ryoma in Birthright breaks the game as soon as you get him (Awakening's map design and one-sided map objectives have been criticized as well, but I don't know how much you care for things like that).

Meh, if you wanna be sweaty and go for a challenge, there are plenty of challenges in the Awakening DLC, which comes pretty cheap. You'll even get some DLC for free.

In order of preference I'd say Awakening, then Conquest.

I'll be the counter-point and argue that Conquest is the better purchase to make than Awakening (though I might be a bit late.)

• Ryoma isn't a playable character in Conquest unless you purchase an Einherjar Ryoma in game, so his breaking the game is a moot point.
  • Conquest's map design is much more compelling than Awakening's, and genuinely adds to the challenge aspect of the game.
  • Awakening is harder to obtain than Fates currently - and is more expensive if buying a hard copy from GameStop (55 dollars there...)
  • Awakening would force you to buy Apotheosis for a real "challenge" keeping in mind Second Seals and Child units, which makes Awakening even more expensive.
  • EVERY character is broken due to Second Seals, whearas a select few -can- be in Conquest.