Seal

Fangame: Pokemon Dusk!

Seal    11
Posted (edited)

So I'm creating this fangame called Pokemon Dusk. And I'm gonna try to keep track of my major adjustments and update them on this Topic

Concept (kinda-ish): So the main protagonist created this gang which has 3 members in total. 1 being the protagonist, and 2 being your best pals. But the gang keeps expanding with a divers cast of characters that will join during your journey. The game concept has a serious tone with the gang activities and such while still taking itself not too seriously. By constantly making all sorts of jokes and having little funny and cute details. Earning badges will always be an attempt at stealing it, there will also be various crimes based of of real ones and sometimes they are related to badges. Various NPC's will be based of of my friends, famous people involving crime AND the community of Reborn! So may be you have a chance to be in this little masterpiece ;).

Plot: currently all over the place :/, gonna make up my mind about it until i post it.

Starters: The game will have 2 starters, a regional variant of Murkrow based on a plague doctor and a regional variant of Misdreavus based on (the modern concept of) a voodoo doll.

I already did the sprite for Murkrow:198.png.06623662d5d4f27d1963109d11a63c67.png

Type: Poison/Dark

Ability: Keen Eye

Random facts: Can only fly for short distances. Poisons Pokemon without them noticing, offers to help and then kills the prey while it's weak.

Character designs and pesonalities:

So here's one of the first 2 members:Maat2.png.4265e6d89b2574901d3f44083d538c38.png

And yes his hat is supposed to block his eyes.

Name: Mike T

Main Pokemon: Salandit

Random facts: Likes to make graffiti art. Acts tough. Acts before he thinks. He's a sneaky person and also prefers to partake in unseen crimes. Keeps denying that his hat covers his eyes. Is best friends with the guy below.

Here comes the second one:Maat1.png.ab47f0ba9b6716f0f1bb621768554886.png

Not the finished product, I want some more detailed clothes.

Name: Big Joe

Main Pokemon: Stufful

Random facts: He's blunt, not the brightest one around but he's loyal. Screams alot. He's strong (obviously). Likes to solve problems with force. Brags about his Stufful being the manliest Pokemon to ever exist. Best friends with the guy above.

Protagonist isn't finished yet, just imagine a generic mob boss with a fedora and such.

Area's:

The first town is an old western type of deal, with the pokemart being a saloon. The gym leader is a female Sheriff which is also one of your gang's mortal enemies (because it's a sheriff ¯\_ツ_/¯). Her gym is an actual jail where prisoners watch her fights and are forced to listen to her cheesy one-liners for the rest of eternity. The town also has a local enemy gang that consists of bandits, the grunts mainly have Cacnea, Maractus and Remoraid. 

So this is it for now, tell me what you think of it.

See ya.

Edited by Seal
Updated the Murkrow Sprite and added some names
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Seal said:

So this is it for now, tell me what you think of it. And please leave some name suggestions.

See ya.

Wow, that looks like fun!

If you want some characters to be influenced by real life mob bosses, try naming one Rothstein. He was a huge gambler, and may have rigged the World Series. He could be one of the bosses you have to face, and use a lot of hax Pokemon, such as Togekiss and Klefki. You never really do see a villain with a Togekiss as their ace.

Edited by FactoryofSadness

WestPlayer    2
Posted (edited)

Wow, not bad. With names I can't help, i don't have anything in mind, sorry. But when beta release will be done, I'm with joy play in it. I think it would be cool if protagonist will have dual life. At night he's member of criminal organization, in a day he's a simple challenger of the local league, and throughout the game the protagonist will be tormented by doubts сorrectly he does or does not. Anyway, I'm waiting for the progress in the development.

Edited by WestPlayer

Seal    11
10 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Wow, that looks like fun!

If you want some characters to be influenced by real life mob bosses, try naming one Rothstein. He was a huge gambler, and may have rigged the World Series. He could be one of the bosses you have to face, and use a lot of hax Pokemon, such as Togekiss and Klefki. You never really do see a villain with a Togekiss as their ace.

That's a fun idea, he could run the gamecorner. His team could also just involve a lot of luck in general with low accuracy moves. 

5 hours ago, WestPlayer said:

Wow, not bad. With names I can't help, i don't have anything in mind, sorry. But when beta release will be done, I'm with joy play in it. I think it would be cool if protagonist will have dual life. At night he's member of criminal organization, in a day he's a simple challenger of the local league, and throughout the game the protagonist will be tormented by doubts сorrectly he does or does not. Anyway, I'm waiting for the progress in the development.

Sounds pretty interesting.

Thanks for all the support, until next time.

See ya.

ego    6
On 22.7.2017 at 1:59 AM, Seal said:

a regional variant of Misdreavus based on (the modern concept of) a voodoo doll

I'd love to this! Will it still be a ghost type?

there will also be various crimes

Are you planing on making a crime system?

AND the community of Reborn!

I don't mind appearing :D but also would like to help a bit

Seal    11
12 hours ago, ego said:

I'd love to this! Will it still be a ghost type?

Are you planing on making a crime system?

I don't mind appearing :D but also would like to help a bit

Misdreavus will be a ghost/fairy type.

It will be more like events, some optional, some mandatory.

Well you're always welcome in both ways ;).

ego    6
22 minutes ago, Seal said:

Misdreavus will be a ghost/fairy type.

It will be more like events, some optional, some mandatory.

Well you're always welcome in both ways ;).

That sounds great!

Ahh okay, that makes sense somehow

Well I did some custom scripts for my game, so I could help with scripts. A bit at least. I'm no pro but i keep learning.

• Upvote 1

Seal    11
3 hours ago, ego said:

Well I did some custom scripts for my game, so I could help with scripts. A bit at least. I'm no pro but i keep learning.

I'll contact you when I need help. Thanks for your feedback! And btw I'm not that good either.