[Game Over! GG] Mafia Mania: Investigations

Mafia Mania: Investigations

A good day to you! This is Monsieur Divergent, and I'll be your game moderator once more for Mafia Mania: Investigations. All interested players are welcome, whether experienced or still beginners to mafia. If you have any questions, please address them to me.

I. A. INTRODUCTION

This game will be different from my previous mafia games, in the sense that, this will be a semi-open setup wherein there will be a role list with roles potentially getting multiple players, but the number of people who will get a specific role is kept secret. Players will also be unable to ascertain a specific clause to their role in the beginning, but they will be able to discover it as the game progresses.

This may be a series of games which are not story driven nor will it be having unique roles; instead, we will be focusing on one aspect of the mafia games and expanding it to become a full-fledged mafia game. For Mafia Mania: Investigations, we will be looking into the most popular investigate role: the Cop or Detective, one who investigates a player's alignment per night. In this game, all townspeople will be Cops/Detectives, however there's a special twist to it, and you'll find it out in the roles list and the narrative.

I. B. OPENING NARRATIVE [INVESTIGATIONS]

In a land far, far away from most other civilizations, there was a small village named Investigativia. All of the local people there claimed to be detectives of some sort, saying that they can tell a person's true motives within.

However, not every one of them had this inquisitive mind. Some of them simply failed to get the whole point of being a detective, so they united to raze the whole village. They were called the Mafia. There was one thing they didn't know: not all of them were good detectives, some were professional liars, incompetent investigators, misguided watchers, and idiots...

II. WHAT IS MAFIA? [HOW TO PLAY THE GAME]

For those who are not familiar with Mafia, here is a basic explanation. Mafia is a game wherein there are two main factions: the Uninformed Majority [town], who only know their role and don't know the other members of the town and the Informed Minority [mafia], who know each other and discuss every Night who they should kill. While the Townspeople have to eliminate all threats to town to win, the Mafia only has to have an equal number or outnumber all other factions combined to win. 

At the beginning of the game, players will receive a PM with their Role and Alignment.

There are two phases in a Mafia game: 

The Day Phase, where the players will discuss about the events of the previous night and find out who us Mafia. Townspeople try to discern the alignment of the other players while the Mafia try to blend in and avoid being read as scum. Before the day ends, the players must vote on a player and the one who gets the majority votes will be eliminated.

The Night Phase, where the thread is considered 'locked' and players cannot comment in the thread. Instead, if they have Night Actions, special abilities related to their role, they may use those to help their faction win. The Mafia also discusses in their private chat who to kill for the night.

If you have some questions, you may ask me via PM or via this thread. You may also refer to my previous games in this subforum to see how the players play Mafia.

III. FACTIONS AND ROLES

The Detectives
* These are the Uninformed Majority, ones who do not know the others from their kind, but have the ability to gather information individually. Every night, they investigate someone and discover that person's alignment. However, not all information is accurate...

Note: All of the following roles will appear as Detective to yourself. Good luck trying to find out what specific role you have as a Detective!

Sane Detective: Information is always correct.
"Let's look into someone's background, shall we?" 

Insane Detective: Information is always the opposite. Inspected Detectives will be labeled as "mafia" while Inspected Mafia will appear as "innocent".
"Bad boys are always hot."

Naive Detective: Inspected players will always appear as "innocent".
"Everyone's got a good side to them. It's all on how much work they put on being good."

Paranoid Detective: Inspected players will always appear as "mafia".
"ALL PEOPLE ARE EVIL! GET ME AWAY FROM THEM!"

Confused Detective: All information will be random.
"lolololol idk wat im doen"

The Mafia
* The Informed Minority, who know each other and plot to take out all of the Detectives. They win when their numbers are equal or greater than the Detectives.

Mafia: Together, they kill a player every night.
"Being a detective sucks. Let's get rid of all of them."

IV. RULES

-     The Reborn Forum rules apply here.
  -     All Player Discussion must be kept here in this thread. Private PMs, discussion outside the thread through Discord, IRL, or other methods are not allowed as well. Only the mandated mafia discussion will be legalized.
  -     Per Day Phase, everyone is required to post 2 times. At Night Phase, the thread is considered locked and no one must post in the thread. Violation means a warning then immediate elimination.
  -     Sharing of PMs from me is not allowed. There will be consequences if found out. Ruining the game is not fun :(
  -     For voting in the Day Phase, use this format ELIMINATE - [Player Name]. Votes can be changed throughout the Day Phase, as long as you notify me properly. For this game, ABSTAINING IS NOT allowed.
  -     If you are ELIMINATED, you have a final post, which must not reveal critical information to the game. 
  -     Night Actions should be sent to me in PM or in DM.
  -     Editing of posts is discouraged. If you wish to have a change, quote your previous post and say the appropriate changes.
  -     Lastly, respect the host and the other players. Personal attacks on others will have their own repercussions. 

Do ask questions if you have any, either in this thread or via PM. I will also be entertaining you if you require additional information regarding the game Mafia. 

If you're interested in participating, comment below! I will be accomodating around 15-20 players for this game. If you can have a Discord account (or have one already), please comment your address in Discord, as I might be potentially looking into using it to send Role related stuff since it's easier to do so there. If you don't have one or can't really get an account, it's okay though.

Edited by Magister Divergent

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely wanna play more mafia! I'm in too~ Also can I just say as a response to the example of the confused detective, me

Edited by Quinnox

This sounds interesting. I'll join for this one. You already have my Discord IIRC, but please let me know if you send me information through Discord, because I never use it anymore