Emulators

Another Felix

I'm looking for a PS2 emulator on my computer so I can play Persona 4. Anyone know of any good ones? My comp should be able to handle it (960 Nvidia graphics card, able to run some fairly high end games on Steam).

Only thing it'd need is for me to be able to use a PS3 controller on it, but I've already got that stuff installed.

1 minute ago, Felix the Cat said:

I'm looking for a PS2 emulator on my computer so I can play Persona 4. Anyone know of any good ones? My comp should be able to handle it (960 Nvidia graphics card, able to run some fairly high end games on Steam).

Only thing it'd need is for me to be able to use a PS3 controller on it, but I've already got that stuff installed.

I've only ever used PXSX2 and have had overall positive experiences with it (usually at at least 55 fps).  While I've only played Super Robot Wars games (and certain cutscenes make the frames dropped), I've been playing on a 6 year old laptop.  On a good computer, it should be golden......don't know about the controller though, since I just got used to some key configuration.

9 minutes ago, seki108 said:

I've only ever used PXSX2 and have had overall positive experiences with it (usually at at least 55 fps).  While I've only played Super Robot Wars games (and certain cutscenes make the frames dropped), I've been playing on a 6 year old laptop.  On a good computer, it should be golden......don't know about the controller though, since I just got used to some key configuration.

Ah, the game I want to get is an RPG, so I guess a keyboard would be fine. Thanks though. Will look into it.

21 minutes ago, Felix the Cat said:

Ah, the game I want to get is an RPG, so I guess a keyboard would be fine. Thanks though. Will look into it.

SRW is a turned based strategy, so it's probably about the level of most RPG's.  OGG (seen below) is probably the most graphically intensive game I've tried on Pcsx2.  With each game, you usually have to play a bit with the settings.  Just google "ps2 bios" for options to get the bios.  I downloaded a complete collection so I could play both Japanese and English region games.

Spoiler

Edited by seki108

21 minutes ago, seki108 said:

SRW is a turned based strategy, so it's probably about the level of most RPG's.  OGG (seen below) is probably the most graphically intensive game I've tried on Pcsx2.  With each game, you usually have to play a bit with the settings.  Just google "ps2 bios" for options to get the bios.  I downloaded a complete collection so I could play both Japanese and English region games.

Reveal hidden contents

I downloaded the emulator, the Bios, and the game from Emuparadise. How do I run it? I'm really bad with computers.

11 minutes ago, Felix the Cat said:

I downloaded the emulator, the Bios, and the game from Emuparadise. How do I run it? I'm really bad with computers.

If I remember correctly, first you have to unzip the download for the emulator and then run/install the exe file  (you might have just downloaded the exe, which is all the same).

Then, once the emulator is installed, find where it is located on your computer.  There should already be an empty folder named "Bios".  Copy and unzip any bios you have in that folder.

I've never gotten a firm answer on whether to unzip the game file or leave it as a zip.  I've had it work both ways.  Probably create a folder for games and unzip the file file there.

Once you start the emulator, you'll have to choose the Bios you want.  I'm assuming your running the english version, so try a US bios.  Once setup is done, first click the CDVD tab and find your ISO with Iso selector.   System tab has options to run the game.---usually, I choose the 'fast' option since it has a better succes rate for some games.

You might have to start it once without an ISO selected to format the memory cards.  In this case, run it on 'full'

Edited by seki108