Idea For a Mod

Are you like me, and wish you could rewatch all of the Cutscenes or Replay some of the Boss fights? (Without Restarting the Game.)

Or Maybe you've done everything noteworthy in the game, and want something else to do.

Maybe we could put Dr. Jenkel's Lab to good use. It allows you to relive events, but it is extremely limited and provides only the Amethyst Cave Incidents, Goldenwood Incident, and Carotos Incident. Even then, It doesn't allow you to relive the entire level.

Maybe we could have it let us replay each event, each Gym Battle, Each Cutscene, and all of the Dialogue. Another thing that we could have is that we could choose a difficulty level. So if you just want to Plow through everything with an Overpowered team, or actually get a challenge out of a Boss fight, The Lab has got you covered.

This would make a great Mod.

Edited by ShadeStrider

I would love that as it would be really good for a recap between the episodes! But it would a bit crazy on the file size and a huge amount of work, as either separate maps may have to be made or a loooot of event stacking.

No idea if it's possible... but it's certainly something I would like to see.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:20 PM, Damien said:

Good idea,yes,but people could ABUSE this to get infinite event pokemon.

Can't they already? Since they have Breeding?

The only Event Pokemon I can see them getting that would be unfair is Ditto.

Edited by ShadeStrider

11 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Can't they already? Since they have Breeding?

Not quite. The 'illegal' moves that shadow pokemon has (such as Shift Gear on Bonsly) cannot be obtained via breeding.

I'm about to save you a ton of work here, but this is actually probably at the scale of Reborn Hardcore CoM levels as it requires editing and basically redoing all events (ie switch all the varaibles to new variables and reset them. It's not hard to do but a lot of tedious work.

As for the whole level scaling and not being able to catch shadow Pokemon, those are probably best done using scripts. An enemies Pokemon levels could be scaled based on badges so that the enemy levels would be level=baseLevel+NumBadges*5. That's not exact, but you get the idea. As for Shadow Pokemon, quite a number of ways to block it, but make sure you don't accidentally turn it back on when it's not supposed to.

For me personally, I'd rather start a brand new game over trying to relive certain events after they happened, but if you're willing to put all the effort into commiting to this I'd say go for it.

On 7/19/2017 at 10:33 PM, Commander said:

I'm about to save you a ton of work here, but this is actually probably at the scale of Reborn Hardcore CoM levels as it requires editing and basically redoing all events (ie switch all the varaibles to new variables and reset them. It's not hard to do but a lot of tedious work.

As for the whole level scaling and not being able to catch shadow Pokemon, those are probably best done using scripts. An enemies Pokemon levels could be scaled based on badges so that the enemy levels would be level=baseLevel+NumBadges*5. That's not exact, but you get the idea. As for Shadow Pokemon, quite a number of ways to block it, but make sure you don't accidentally turn it back on when it's not supposed to.

For me personally, I'd rather start a brand new game over trying to relive certain events after they happened, but if you're willing to put all the effort into commiting to this I'd say go for it.

I was just giving an Idea.

Maybe in the future, I would make it. But if not... then the Idea is still here.

Edited by ShadeStrider