In Game Team Help

Filthy Casual

Hello friends! I've been contemplating my team composition now that the mapping has been done for episode 17 (excluding Ame's computer crashing), and have recently found a new member I really want to use on my main team:

adGoIXK.png

Of course, here are my teammates now (all with beneficial natures and most with good move sets):

Achilles the Swampert

Dr. Dre the Noivern

Autumn the shiny Leavanny

xx_MLolzG_xx the Magnezone

Coryza the Beartic

UGG LIFE the Scrafty

There are two members I will refuse to switch out of my team:

• Achilles, as Swampert is my all time favorite Pokemon by a mile
  • Coryza, because I have grown a huge liking to Beartic's design, as well as its power (yes, he sucks in battle, but he's really fun to use). I tried swapping him out for a Weavile already, and didn't have the heart to do it.

My question to you is this: who should get replaced? I am thinking Scrafty, because she doesn't have Dragon Dance (the one member without a beneficial move set), and gets KOd easily. I'm thinking there also might be a niche against Titania by using the Florges, as she carries Misty Terrain, which nullifies the Fairy Tale Field, allowing fire type moves to hit without becoming dragon typing, allowing Noivern to hit hard with Flamethrower. Still, I would love to hear your thoughts. Who should be boxed (at least for now)?

Having more than 6 pokemon doesn't mean you have to box 1 forever. Keep all of them, and just swich acording to who you'll be battling. Considering Titania's battle just around the corner, Beatric won't be very useful, since it's slow and will problably get 1 shoted by anything

Beatric will probablly be useless against titania, on the other hand scrafty woul probablly be your strongest mon against her, so in that sense i feel that you should keep at least for here fight, and as someone said you can have more than 6 members and rotate them, just look at my team.

Thank you all for your help! I have been doing training, and Florges is caught up with the team! I am going to take your advice and box Beartic against Titania. However, here is my next question for you all: are there any other generation 7 Pokemon I should add? I want to perfect my team for the elite four, and I was thinking of adding something such as Alolan Muk (I totally see Adrienn importing those from Alola to get rid of the trash in Reborn City).

Edited by FactoryofSadness

17 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Thank you all for your help! I have been doing training, and Florges is caught up with the team! I am going to take your advice and box Beartic against Titania. However, here is my next question for you all: are there any other generation 7 Pokemon I should add? I want to perfect my team for the elite four, and I was thinking of adding something such as Alolan Muk (I totally see Adrienn importing those from Alola to get rid of the trash in Reborn City).

What about a Lycanroc? Some STAB priority Rock type move can't hurt. Plus, it's the fastest Rock type in the game and hits sooo hard! It can really wreck a relatively weakened team.

Also, Toxapex seems like a solid defensive choice.

And finally, I'd like to see you use Araquanid/Ribombee. No reason. They are just my favs. Plain and simple :D 

7 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

An alolan muk would be a good choice and torapex is very useful. you can also add an alolan eggsecutor and alolan ninetails. A mimikyu would also be a good choice considering z moves being added

On 20/07/2017 at 6:07 AM, Jess said:

What about a Lycanroc? Some STAB priority Rock type move can't hurt. Plus, it's the fastest Rock type in the game and hits sooo hard! It can really wreck a relatively weakened team.

Also, Toxapex seems like a solid defensive choice.

And finally, I'd like to see you use Araquanid/Ribombee. No reason. They are just my favs. Plain and simple :D 

Seconded. Lycanroc is great, absolutely great. I frigging love it. How often is it you get a Rock type that is super fast and hits hard and has access to stealth Rock, stone edge, priority accelrock, and crunch for some coverage? It's honestly the best moveset for this, just EV train in speed and attack.

And I also have the same issue but worse: I have around 70 Pokemon all above lvl 75 and all ev trained, and I can't for the life of me figure out what should be in my main tea against the elite 4. I really need help, major help...

What I'm trying to say is, that we all face the same problem as of now, and it's best to wait a bit since a couple of more Pokémon are bound to be released in the coming episodes and you'll definitely consider at least one.

At the end we can all have one big thread asking for help in team decision for the Elite 4 :D

6 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

And I also have the same issue but worse: I have around 70 Pokemon all above lvl 75 and all ev trained, and I can't for the life of me figure out what should be in my main tea against the elite 4. I really need help, major help...

What I'm trying to say is, that we all face the same problem as of now, and it's best to wait a bit since a couple of more Pokémon are bound to be released in the coming episodes and you'll definitely consider at least one.

At the end we can all have one big thread asking for help in team decision for the Elite 4 :D

That's why I've only trained seven Pokémon (including Florges) to the late 70s/early 80s. I don't want to have to choose between a bunch of team members at the very end. I also like to go in under leveled, as it adds a bit of a challenge.

I didn't even think about Lycanroc. Great idea!

16 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

That's why I've only trained seven Pokémon (including Florges) to the late 70s/early 80s. I don't want to have to choose between a bunch of team members at the very end. I also like to go in under leveled, as it adds a bit of a challenge.

I do like the challenge factor it adds in, but if you've visited the Onyx School after completion of the game in E16, there's a girl who says this:

image.png

Obviously.*tosses head*

image.png

And here it was. I wanted to play the identity of a truly powerful trainer, so I made up my mind to do so. 500 Pokemon it was.. So I EV bred ( @Jess knows what I'm talking about) and IV trained up to at least Lvl75 ALL of the Pokemon I got through encounters, although I did delete a few, coz I got tired)

If you're interested, sorry to impose on your thread like this

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

It's just me living up to the reputation of a powerful trainer, so don't mind me, I'm too obsessed with perfectionism

In any case, I'll be needing help with E4 as well, so dw :P

Edited by RedAlert

Just now, RedAlert said:

What an embarrassing mistake for an OCD freak

I'll go hide myself in shame, thank you

Hide in Onyx Trainer School, they'll hunt you for autographs! xD

6 hours ago, RedAlert said:

I do like the challenge factor it adds in, but if you've visited the Onyx School after completion of the game in E16, there's a girl who says this:

image.png

Obviously.*tosses head*

image.png

And here it was. I wanted to play the identity of a truly powerful trainer, so I made up my mind to do so. 500 Pokemon it was.. So I EV bred ( @Jess knows what I'm talking about) and IV trained up to at least Lvl75 ALL of the Pokemon I got through encounters, although I did delete a few, coz I got tired)

If you're interested, sorry to impose on your thread like this

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

image.png

It's just me living up to the reputation of a powerful trainer, so don't mind me, I'm too obsessed with perfectionism

In any case, I'll be needing help with E4 as well, so dw :P

My reaction:

Spoiler

giphy.gif