KindleofDreams

Hello everyone!

My current team is:

Torterra (80) - Shell armor 

-Crunch

-WoodHammer

-Curse

-Earthquake

Swampert (L80)- Damp   (it's going to be a more physical Swampert due to IV's)

-Rockslide

-Protect

-Waterfall

-Earthquake

Ninetales (L80)  - Drought

-Heatwave

-Solarbeam

-Confuseray

-Extrasensory

Tyrantrum (L80)  - Strong jaw

-Crunch

-Rock Slide

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

Eelektrick (L80) - Levitate

-FlameThrower

-Discharge

-Acid Spray  

-Crunch 

Gothitelle (L80) -  Competitive

-Dark Pulse

-Psychic

-Psyshock

-Future sight 

Lucario (L80) - Steadfast

-Extreme Speed

-Iron Tail

-Close Combat

-Sword Dance 

Scrafty (L80) -  Intimidate

-Crunch

-Dragon Dance

-HJK/ Drainpunch is optional.

-Head Smash

Noivern (L80) - Infiltrator

-Hurricane

-Dragon Pulse

-Roost

-Boomburst

Volcorona (L80) - Flame Body

-Quiver Dance

-Heat Wave

-Bug Buzz

-Hidden Power Water

Bisharp (L80) - Inner Focus

-Night Slash

-False Swipe (I cant re-learn Suckerpunch fml)

-Iron Head

-SwordDance

Archeops (L80) - Defeatist (Jolly + Max EV's / IV's)

-Acrobatics

-Rock Slide

-Crunch

-U-turn

Blaziken (L80) - Speed Boost (Jolly)

-Sky uppercut

-Flare Blitz

-Brave Bird

-Bulk up

Metagross (L80) - Clear Body

-Meteor Mash

-Bullet Punch

-Zen Headbut

-Pursuit 

-Kindle ( aka Magenta)

Questions

Well so I beat Adrienn (sadly quite easily because of Metagross). 

I'm at a point where I want to create a better team now that I have the time to do some breeding / EV training.

I'd like to instantly point out that I'm dropping Gothitelle. I havent used her in quite a while. I only actually use her for when I grind her up. Then she collects dust again. Her movepool is just too lackluster.

So my first question is -> How do you rate my overall pokemon set up? 

As for teambuilding process...

I think I'm going to level up a Magnezone (Because he seems to be everyone's favourite pick?).

I also want to level up another water type aside from Swampert. I was thinking of possibly using a Kingdra OR Jellicent.

My problem with Jellicent is that I cant get Scald on him. Kingdra is just alot of work. I have a 5 IV horsea however he needs to get some help in the speed department seeing that he has 0 IV's. 

I'd also like to get a fairy type incorporated. I'm thinking of getting a Togekiss because I always have liked Togekiss, I'm just not sure if he's really viable at this point in the game and if so, what kind of Togekiss that would be.

Some feedback on that would be appreciated.

Edited by KindleofDreams

- Litleo would be good against Shade, since his second type is normal. But Vulpix praises the sun as no other Pokemon does and it is cute. Personally I would go with Vulpix, Litleo was never that helpful for me.

- I recommend getting Stoutland and Diggersby. Stoutland has great stats, is normal so ghost attacks dont bother him and he learns crunch. Diggersby has normal-typing and his second typing is ground. It resists Shades ghost and electro attacks. And Diggersby deals quite the physic damage, thanks to huge power.

- For fighting I would recommend Medicham, as for Steel I would go for Klinklang or Metagross, though you only get Beldum after Luna. (Gym after Radomus Chess Gym)-

- Dunno, depends on your preferences and needs.

- Afaik you dont get Ghastly or Gengar. You can only evolve Magneton to Magnezone after completing the story of E16 I think.

Well, hope I could help out a little bit.

If you Sun Stone Helioptile, you can get a Heliolisk which is actually pretty good

As Rhythm says above, Diggersby and Medicham are absolutely great, particularly if you get Huge Power and Pure Power on them, their attack stat is monstrous. In addition, try to reset until you get Bullet Punch on the Medicham, priority moves can make quite a lot of difference

I'd say don't give away the Tyrunt, Tyrantrum is a great Pokémon and will be very good in later battles.

I'll suggest my favorite steel-type in the game, Escavalier! Insane Attack stat, even higher than Blaziken after a Bulk Up and just slightly below a Swords Dance Blaziken. If you can run him under trick room, I think he'll carry the whole game for you

Filler 2: Tynamo.

Currently leveling this because it can be a great Mon (I think).

Though it needs work till 39. However, I think this can be a great use at Shade (especially if I can get it to learn Crunch)

It learns Crunch right after the evolution on 39 ;)

For Shade catch a Electro Mon, which can change the field to normal(With Discharge, etc.), then his attacks aren't making so much damage and you can easily take his mons out,

but maybe train a fire Mon for his Trevenant...

@HellBoyOnEarth 

I could heartscale the Tynamo evo for Discharge (I think)

As for Medicham/Excavalier/ Diggersby where can I find those?

Also..I could get the lillipup to Stoutland (I'd rather do that instead of diggersby tbh seeing I already have 2 ground typed pokemon atm)

Btw. Sucks that they changed the evolution of Magnezone to so late into the story. Used to be around shade afaik. 

I remember shelmet etc being available after Gym...6? pre 7. 

Thanks for the input!

3 hours ago, KindleofDreams said:

@HellBoyOnEarth 

I could heartscale the Tynamo evo for Discharge (I think)

As for Medicham/Excavalier/ Diggersby where can I find those?

Also..I could get the lillipup to Stoutland (I'd rather do that instead of diggersby tbh seeing I already have 2 ground typed pokemon atm)

Btw. Sucks that they changed the evolution of Magnezone to so late into the story. Used to be around shade afaik. 

I remember shelmet etc being available after Gym...6? pre 7. 

Thanks for the input!

Meditite is available before Kiki, you have to talk to everyone reading meditation books and then a girl on the second floor railing will give you one. I forget where Shelmet is, but there's a guy in Spinel Town (the ice gym town) who will trade a karrablast for it so the karrablast evolves. Bunnelby can be found at the Beryl graveyard iirc, but you can always check the pokemon location guide in the on the hunt forum. 

I think you can get magnezone before the story parts of episode 16, so it'll be helpful against the fairy leader. 

There is a scraggy event before shade's gym.If you can do it,you will get a scraggy with a egg move.Try to soft reset to get one with dragon dance.A moxie scraggy with dd and crunch will sweep shade and many gyms.

You can relearn moves in a house in onyx ward but you need the house key which is in underground railnet.You need to do this before Shade's gym otherwise it will be blocked until you get strength.

If you use scrafty,you need a good a steel or poison type because scrafty is 4x weak to fairy.

Well. Charge Beam worked instead of Discharge.

Shade was surprisingly doable. I thought it would be alot worse.

Only had some issue with Chandelure + Rotom.

Now looking to expand the diversity of my team. 

I think I won't be getting much more use from my Unfezant at this point.

I'll be keeping you guys posted if I have more questions.

Thanks!

Edit: Just got a Riolu from Wondertrade ( I assume player was trying to make a special Lucario seeing it has Vacuumwave)

Its 30-31 IV's in all stats except for Sp.atk. So I have  a Fighting/Steel type pokemon. 
Now I'm just going to figure out how to swap around.

Edited by KindleofDreams

Quick Question:

How does one grind effectively without "overleveling" a higher level mon.

Also..I know the Unowns are pretty good exp but not such a good choice when leveling i.e. physical attackers. What other options are there?

PS. Updated thread.

-----------------------

Decided to put these down here.

Questions: 

-I have this Lucario who (in the end) is going to have a set like..

Strength

ExtremeSpeed

Closecombat

SwordDance 

Was thinking of eventually removing Strength for another STAB but..he doesn't really learn many good steel moves.

What do you suggest?

-I have a few alternatives to my mainsquad, mostly Water or Grass types. 

Can you give me an idea of what my squad is lacking atm (type wise). Lets say..roughly up to Noel?

A few of the pokemon I have are (with 5 x 31 IV in the rightplaces) :

-Rain Dish Squirtle

-Contrary Snivy

-Swift Swim Tirtouga

-Flame Body Larvesta 

-Tough Claws Binacle  

-Thick fat Seel

-Poison Point Nidoran

-Rivalry Shinx 

-Intimidate Scrafty (this one doesnt have awesome IV's but it does carry Dragon Dance)

-Levitate Misdreavus (The one from Dead Kiki..has near max sp.atk/speed. Lacking in other dept)

What do you recon? I kinda want to level Scrafty as well for Noel / The ice Gym.

Are there other options I missed OR options I could/should get?

Edited by KindleofDreams

1 minute ago, KindleofDreams said:

Quick Question:

Also..I know the Unowns are pretty good exp but not such a good choice when leveling i.e. physical attackers. What other options are there?

PS. Updated thread.

the ice cave can be usefull for grinding but you need to be carefull with certain mons that have large weaknesses there.

1 hour ago, KindleofDreams said:

Quick Question:

I'd always advise to use the npc in the grand hall for grinding. You get quite the money from them, so there is no problem with overleveling your Pokemon, since you can easily buy tons of common candy to reduce their level.

Just now, RhythmMelody said:

I'd always advise to use the npc in the grand hall for grinding. You get quite the money from them, so there is no problem with overleveling your Pokemon, since you can easily buy tons of common candy to reduce their level.

Oh right. Forgot you can buy the candy + ...the money you earn kinda covers it.

Thanks for the tip!

4 minutes ago, KindleofDreams said:

Oh right. Forgot you can buy the candy + ...the money you earn kinda covers it.

Thanks for the tip!

Kinda? It covers more than enough. I think one wins around 300-400$ from the earliest NPC in the Grand Hall, roughly 5k$ from the mid tier NPC and up to 20k$ from the late game NPC

1 minute ago, KindleofDreams said:

Currently @ Post Aya so they give me about..5k roughly yea.

Yeah, and Common Candy costs... 300? 400? So no problem with money I'd say :D never understood why people would say Reborn doesn't give out much money, if one can easily grind limitless.

19 minutes ago, RhythmMelody said:

Yeah, and Common Candy costs... 300? 400? So no problem with money I'd say :D never understood why people would say Reborn doesn't give out much money, if one can easily grind limitless.

I remember other days where this was the case haha xD.
But Reborn has become "easier" in some aspects since a few episodes