Pokémon battle system revamp

Just2Reborn

Alright, so I love the pokémon games but there is one issue I have with them. Eventhough the battle system is highly based on strategy I feel like it lacks skill. Let me explain: You have a wide variety of pokémon to choose from with all of them having their ups and downs, so creating a good team for every situation and knowing when to use what may be challenging, but that's about it. When you're in a battle you choose what happens and that will indeed happen, of course there are some RNG Gods to meddle with your plans but that's just luck-based and in my opinion undeserved. So I thought, what if the battle system was reworked in such a way that dealing an amount of damage, missing, critting, etc. isn't based on RNG but rather on skill and how well you perform. Unfortunately, such mechanic is hard to imagine in a pokémon game.

At first I thought of something like Pokkén, which sounds great at first but it would just make the game to slow-paced as every battle takes forever to beat, also implementing all pokémon in a real-time fighting style might not work with certain abilities (think of: Speed boost and more) and also some attacks like priority attacks will be hard to add on to the game.

So I came up with another concept, with if your moves were based on some sort of mini event, like in the Mario & Luigi games, if any of you have played that. It would make the game more skill based, but the problem here is that it would be boring to have the same "event" for every move, and creating a unique event for every move would be too complicated and to difficult to remember for the player. On the plus side this could have a ways of partially blocking the foes attack by using one of your moves against theirs, for example if your pokémon knows water cannon and your opponent uses flamethrower you have the option to perform a water cannon event and if you execute it well enough you'll take less damage.

So yeah, all of my ideas aren't perfect and probably won't work. That's why I came to these forums and ask you all if you have an idea for a new battle system mechanic. I'd love to hear everything you have to say :D.

Tl;dr: Do you have an idea for a Pokémon battle mechanic which is more skill based instead of luck based.