[IC] Figments of Imagination: An Adventure of Some Sort.

Hal Henderics

Chapter Zero: Pilot

Time: 6:30 AM

The city, and in part, it's inhabitants, begin to stir, It's a sleepy day today, but somebody has to experience it.  Cars whir and rumble their way down busy streets, and the occasional bicycle moves alongside them, a masked figure paints graffiti on the Quiki-Sippi Gas Station, and is gone moments later.  Stores are beginning to open, and some stores already have. An old man makes his way slowly to the door of the Hardware store, unlocking it for business, while next door, a thin bearded fellow opens the door to the Game Center.

Our Heroes begin to wake as well, beginning their daily routines before they make their way into the world today, if that is their prerogative. Some have places to be, others are looking for those places.  It seems that they are not yet aware of the adventure soon to come.  Later on, they will remember this day as the last ordinary one they ever had.  Some of them might even remember this day as the last boring one.  One thing is for certain though.  They've got something that needs doing today.

[Players should detail 5 Actions they take today, based on what their daily schedule might look like, Days will be split into 5 Sections, and Nights will be split into 4, This information will be added to the Original Post in the OOC.

Timeslot 1: 7:00 AM to 9:30 AM

Timeslot 2: 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM

Timeslot 3: 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM

Timeslot 4: 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM

Timeslot 5: 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Timeslot 6 (Night): 9:00 PM to 11:30 PM

Timeslot 7 (Night): 11:30 PM to 2:00 AM

Timeslot 8 (Morning): 2:00 AM to 5:30 AM

Timeslot 9 (Morning): 5:30 AM to 7:00 AM]

Eric, having finished his routine takes only a few moments to decide his course of action.
He starts the day off with a trip to waffle house,  and orders a double cheese burger, and a grilled cheese. odd choice of breakfast? maybe. delicious and filling? absolutely. And of course a coke for that yummy taste and sweet sweet caffeine.

After that he heads to the beach, to swim, relax, and walk. after some swimming and floating in the water, he takes a walk and picks up any really pretty or interesting seashells. drinking up the smell of the ocean, enjoying the sight of the waters, and maybe the girls swimming there. he spends quite a while doing this, aided by his large breakfast, simply enjoying the beach

Once he is done he returns home, after a quick shower and small snack, he takes a seat, and starts playing some games. he has a bit of trouble deciding what to play, resulting in frequent changes, but at least he as some fun.

Finally after all that, he's ready to eat again, and makes some supper, settling on lasagna, which he proceeds to eat, while watching a LP of a game he's already completed.

Spoiler

time slot 1: trip to waffle house for large breakfast
time slot 2 and 3: trip to the beach, spent swimming, walking, collecting seashells and just relaxing.
time slot 4: returns home, cleans self up, plays games while being terribly indecisive
timeslot 5: makes supper

Akitsuki Tetsu wakes up from his mostly peaceful sleep. Well, mostly peaceful because his dream was that of him being a mage of Fairy Tail, going on adventures and quests to lands unknown, however, his sleep was interrupted by his alarm clock which beeped heavily at 8:00 AM. He rose from his average-sized bed and did some stretching first before actually leaving his clearly otaku-oriented room (which contained arranged manga sets on a bookshelf, anime DVDS lined up on the cabinet, figurines on top of the drawer, and other indicators screaming otaku). He decided to eat some breakfast at the dining area of his small apartment, a set of toasted bread and hot chocolate. 

After enjoying his meal thoroughly, he takes a quick bath and readies himself for his main activity during the day, which was, of course, to either read some cool manga or watch a rad anime. He situates himself in the living area, sitting on his favorite couch and begins reading his newly bought collection of Bleach. He takes his time savoring the battle scenes in the manga and marvels at the various radical characters in the manga. When noon comes, he decides to take a break from reading and eat lunch first. This time, he decides to exit his apartment and go to the close by Ramen Shop in the area. This Ramen Shop was one of the few Japanese-based restaurants in Seattle, and he was a regular in the place. After eating there, he chooses to go home and catch up on watching Boku no Hero Academia, one of the recent anime series he's decided to watch. He enjoys the show as well, amazed at its being pseudo-Naruto in nature.

When 5:00 PM comes, he prepares dinner for himself. He usually just eats canned goods or instant noodles, but this time, he decides to cook the chicken given to him yesterday by a neighbor. After preparing it, he gives thanks for the meal and devours the meal joyfully. He spends the rest of his night continuing his campaign in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valencia.

Timeslot 1: 7:00 AM to 9:30 AM
  -     Early morning activities [stretching, eating breakfast, etc]
Timeslot 2: 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM
  -     Reading manga
Timeslot 3: 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM
  -     Eating lunch outside
Timeslot 4: 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
  -     Watching anime
Timeslot 5: 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
  -     Preparing and eating dinner, playing tactical RPGs

Arthur continues his work on yesterday's case.

1st Timeslot: Revisit the crime scene

2nd Timeslot: Interview some suspects

3rd Timeslot: Follow a lead on the case

4th Timeslot: Reach a dead end

5th Timeslot: Discover that the culprit was actually that random guy that showed up like twice in the entire episode investigation and arrest him

Asahi wakes up and goes to the kitchen. There she prepares sunny side up eggs with sausage and bacon. After enjoying her breakfast, she goes to her workout room to train in martial arts. After doing some warm-up exercises, she then goes to jog outside to the park and does some kickboxing exercises.

Lunch comes and she decides to go to an Italian restaurant right next to the park, where she orders bruschetta, gnocchi with creamy gorgonzola sauce, margarita pizza, and tiramisu. After enjoying her lunch, she then goes back home to do some meditation and kendo training.

Then, the time for dinner came, as she prepares pistachio crusted rack of lamb with roasted vegetables and a sweet potato purée, she reads one of the letters that came in the mailbox this morning. She sees that she's been invited to the US World Championships. She then sighs and said to herself: "Can't catch a break, can I?"

After dinner, she then opens her PS3 and decides to start a new game of Tomb Raider for three hours. She then does cardio: push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups.....

Spoiler

Timeslot 1: Morning Routine, Exercise

Timeslot 2: Continues to exercise a bit

Timeslot 3: Lunch

Timeslot 4: Meditation and Kendo

Timeslot 5: Cooks dinner, sees mail, play video games, and then resumes exercise

--

Eric's trip to the waffle house nets him a nice large breakfast, he meets an old couple, and sees some cool birds outside as well.  After sating his hunger, and bumping into a strange lady, who apologies are shared with, he spends a ton of time at the beach, swimming, collecting seashells, and generally enriching his life through relaxation and a genuine appreciation for nature and the outdoors.  This outdoor adventure is nicely contrasted by the Videogames he rots his mind with immediately after, immersing himself in the virtual worlds of gaming, albiet, he can't seem to decide which one he wants to stick with, before topping his day off with a home-made supper.

The old people were named Martha and Johnny.

--

Akitsuki begins their day with calm and calculated exercises and a humble but enjoyable breakfast, this leaves them feeling energized and ready to face the day ahead of them.  They then put that energy to good use reading manga for several hours, before taking their lunch at the local Ramen Joint, the place is packed for it's small size, but the food, as always, is just so worth it.  Making their way home, they spend some time watching Academia, filling their mind with dazzling intrigue and zany action, and their stomach with empty, which they promptly fix, before spending their time before sleeping at long last, after a satisfying day.

The Ramen Shop owner sure seemed overworked.

--

Arthur wakes up, without so much as a snack or a shower, this case is just too important to him. Too much is riding on it, he spends several hours interviewing several suspects, all of which are unnerved by his demeanor, and appear to be helpful to the untrained eye of a normie, but to him, they are all belligerent, all of them hiding secrets.  One of them finally coughs it up, blood stains in the back of the local washery, the clothes washery, to be exact. He rushes over the minute he finds out, leaving his companions and assistants in the dust.  The lead was a bust, literally, someone busted cherry juice in the backroom.  People watch too many movies today, thinking those stains look anything like blood.  He would know.  God would he know.  However, the juice could not have been there unless the culprit was, because there was a red stained scrap of cloth bearing this exact color at the crime scene, someone with a stained shirt like that would want to get it cleaned.  In fact, They would want to get it cleaned at this very washery.  He tackles the Washery Owner, pinning him to the ground and arresting him.  Another case well done, Arthur then chugs down a bottle of celebratory whisky, passing out on his bed in the revelry that only solving a tough case can give.

The Washery Owner was named Julius.

--

A good breakfast is the foundation of a great day, Asashi builds on this foundation, built from eggs and bacon, by performing rudimentary exercizes, by her standards at least, practicing her martial arts with efficiency and grace.  Work like that builds up an appetite, so she decides to treat herself to a local Italian place, bumping into some thin guy in a funny videogame shirt, apologies are made, and she continues to the Restaurant, a place called Tenor Bella, next to some kind of ramen joint.  It is expencive, but oh so worth it to enjoy a meal from this place, as it never fails to impress.  The waiter was especially nice. He might have been expecting a better tip for it, though.

The Restaurant seems to be closed tomorrow, Asashi thinks she saw something in the news about an employee here turning up dead.

--

All

[Theme: The Deep End]

Everyone would find themselves awake, (maybe?) in a black void.  In the floor of this strange black space they find themselves in, the events of their days seem to be replaying, appearing in dark purple, yellow, and occasionally red, before slipping back into the fuzzy blackness. Despite this appearance, the floor is solid, and stable.  In the distance, a pool of red liquid can be seen, like paint, or some sort of red water, it glows brightly.

--

Edited by Hal Henderics

Eric looks around at his surroundings curiously. Was this a dream? There's seemed to be a distinct lack of fight sequences.

He shrugs and decides to investigate the pool of liquid, walking over to it. He May as well see what's up. Although if this dream dident get intresting soon he was leaveing.

Edited by Endlessblaze

Analyze this black void. Is it hard? Soft? Can I damage it or chip a piece of it off in any way?

Then examine the fountain. Taste the liquid- what does it taste like? Did I feel anything change when I drank/tasted the liquid?

Edited by ATHATH

Tetsu found himself a bit dizzy and groggy when he rose up from his sleep on the mysterious ground he was laying in. He straightened his eyeglasses and took a look at his surroundings. He was 100% sure that this place wasn't his home nor was it anywhere remotely NEAR his home. He even felt that the place wasn't even anywhere on Earth. Instead, the place looked like some setting from a science fiction novel, an apocalyptic one at that.

He saw the events of the most recent day replaying again and again, appearing in varied colors, before returning to the darkness which filled the void like area he was in. He looked down and examined the ground. It seemed solid and stable despite its bizarre appearance. In the distance, he saw a pool of red liquid, glowing ever brightly. As he continued to look around, he felt a sense of dread and anxiety, which pushed him to speak out loud to himself. "Wh-Where is this place? All I remember is sleeping on my bed after playing Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valencia last night and I'm pretty sure I didn't go here out of my own will. Am I dreaming?" He pinched himself in an attempt to test his hypothesis out, but to no avail. "I-I'm not dreaming? Th-This place is actually real? I know I wished that I could live in a world of fantasy, but I didn't want it to be like this mysterious, creepy place. "

He sat down for a while and thought about what to do next. "Well, there's no point in moping, so I might as well find a clue on what's happening here." He decided to go check out the pool of red liquid, glowing brightly in the distance.

Edited by Monsieur Divergent

Asahi looks around confused: "Where am I? Hello?" She hears no answer. She then notices a pool of red liquid and other people who are also over there: "Um...hey...got any idea what's going on?" she asks them

There seems to be nobody else in this black hard void.

Approaching the pool of red, your footsteps clack with the immovable surface of the darkness, something suddenly drags itself out of it, like a red silhouette, no depth or texture can be detected from it's surface.

It is a humanoid figure, the same color and glow of the puddle, They seem to be wearing some sort of knight's armor, like something out of /A Game/The Knight Class in Fire Emblem/The Medieval Renaissance/Some sort of weird fencing club/

It's single good arm has it dragging itself out of the pool.  Black Tendrils seem to be tugging at it weakly.

It raises it's head, revealing two piercing eyes, glowing brightly in the dark.

[Theme: High Rollin'/William's Street Closed]

"Oh, Good.  I found you."  It-He says.

"My name is Victory.  Despite this ironic statement, I am dying." They comment simply, getting comfortable.

"Can you hear me?"

Edited by Hal Henderics

Tetsu looked at the creature inquisitively. The creature seemed to be wearing a knight armor, however it seemed like some sort of monster. This kind of occurrence was getting weirded by the minute. He sighed a bit. He didn't expect a quest portion of this strange event so soon. He had hoped that he received answers to this place, but all he got was more questions instead. Still, he decided to ask the creature, "You're exactly what kind of creature? And you were looking for me? Are you perhaps having the intention of telling me to save you on some quest of sorts like in a medieval setting fantasy game?"

As soon as Victory starts to rise from the incredibly ominous-looking pool (and before it makes its intentions known), reach for my gun- and discover that I am a blur-like creature.

Examine myself. Is my reach the same as normal? Can I create a tail or something for myself?

"Yes... Yes, I can."

Attempt to pass my hand through Victory. Lick any residue that sticks to my arm. Does it taste like victory?

Edited by ATHATH

"I am a figment.  I do not have much time.  I'm sorry, but I'm having to answer 3 others with the exact same words."

"My creator is dead.  With my last actions however, I intend to have you recreate me.  Find the other three. Four of you in total that I'm speaking to simultaneously."

"You'll know one another by the impossible objects you will wake up with."

"I'll explain more when you are all brought together.  Your Creative Minds are why, -and how- I found you.  The rewards and trials of a strong and vivid imagination begin now.  I'm sorry."

Victory lays their head down, dead in a puddle of what is likely their own essence.

--

Arthur Sticks his hand into Victory's Body, coating it in vivid red, It becomes Purple, and a Large V shape appears from the coating, until it is a Glove in dark purple.  It is form-fitting, and it's texture is unnerving.

He can't alter his form, no.  He barely has one to begin with, in this strange place.

--

Everyone but Arthur would see a Hand seemingly appear from nowhere, floating in the air, and turning from the Red color of Victory into a strange Purple Glove.  The single floating hand covering waves back and forth for a moment, fingers clenching.

The body melts completely, turning into three objects in the darkness. One for each of the remaining people.

A set of red Swim Goggles, with an attached Air Tank. A V is proudly emblazoned on the tank itself.

A screen, it seems to be like a pad of some kind.  On the back, obviously, a V.

A single large feather quill, Bright red, but unadorned.

The Choices seem obvious.

Above where Victory was laying, the words "GAME OVER" flash.  It seems whoever their creator was, they had a sick sense of humor.

[Theme: Long Walk Home]

Edited by Hal Henderics

Attempt to ascertain the properties of this glove- can I cast spells with it or shoot webs out of my wrists like Spiderman or something?

Are there any remnants of Victory left?

Can I see the other objects if they are picked up by the others? If so, when someone else (invisibly) picks up an object, wave my gloved hand through the area around the object. If I can feel another person, start trying to make contact with them via sign language through my gloved hand. Give them my address and name, if I can.

Edited by ATHATH

"Interesting. I kind of expected this sort of thing would be asked of me, to go on a quest to recreate that Victory guy, but it's still not something I can adjust quickly with. The idea of an adventure fills me up, though!" Tetsu said aloud. He sometimes imagined how it would feel like to play in a video game or be in a science fiction manga, but the sensation of being on one right now in reality was far different. It had a sort of excitement to it? Of course, he knew there would be dangers and responsibilities that came with going on a quest and having powers, but still, the concept of being in one still filled him up and made him look forward to finding the other three who were assigned with the task. Tetsu decided to pick up one of the items Victory left behind. Obviously, the screen, with a pad of some kind, seemed to be the most appropriate item for him. He decided to inspect it and see how it possibly worked.

Edited by Monsieur Divergent

Eric picks up the tank and goggles, looking them over curiously. Hopefully something cool is going to happen now, but he decided not to hold his breath. He had to admit though, The dream was intriguing. Figment....hadent he heard that somewhere before?

He then tries on the goggles and tank.

--

Arthur finds that the glove is not able to cast spells, or shoot webs.

He sees the other objects float up and off the ground, but doesn't have the chance to give his address to them.

Spoiler

Name: Victory Glove

Class: Equipped Armor

Description: A purple glove, it has a large 'V' jutting from it.  Being a figment, it can interact with other figments, and be used to create figments, if one had access to their Inner World.

Vision: 1

-Force: 0

-Will: 1

-Cleverness: 0

--

Tetsu picks up the pad, it shows the same black void he is in, he can see a white figure there, fuzzy and indistinct, they are standing there holding the pad.

He does not have the chance to do much else.

It turns Blue as he takes it.

Spoiler

Name: Victory Pad

Class: Vision Enhancing Item

Description: A Blue Pad, it shows a person's Inner World, allowing them to see it.

-Will: 0

-Cleverness: 1

--

Eric Picks up the Goggles and Tank, putting them on.  It seems to be functional, but lacks any air in the tank.

He does not have the chance to do much else.

The Goggles and such turn Green when he grabs them.

Spoiler

Name: Victory Scuba Gear

Class: Life Support

Description: A Green Scuba Tank and Mask, It's mostly mundane, but can provide precious air in places where there is none.

-Will: 1

--

Asashi picks up the feather pen, but upon grabbing the floating goggles, finds that they are kinda stuck in place for some reason.

She does not have the chance to do much else.

The feather pen stays Red, even as the other objects change colors.

Spoiler

Name: Victory Pen

Class: Energy Usage Apparatus

Description: A Red Feather Pen, if a source of energy were applied, it could write things into existence. As it is, it is a mostly mundane pen.

-Force: 1

-Will: 0

--

All

As the objects are taken, White figures are pronounced suddenly in everyone's sight, they are all able to see one another, but no details.

Two thin people, one with a swimmer's build.

A female, strong in body and with defined muscles.

An older person, a bit taller, too, their posture is ever so slightly hunched.

You all hear a voice, as the world seems to fade to black, red, and purple.  The color of closed eyes.

"Find the others, I made sure to pick all of you in the same town.  There will be rewards and trials ahead."

"I'm Sorry, about what comes next."

Everyone wakes up, slowly or quickly, suddenly, or all at once.

They remember the dream they had, and everything appears to be perfectly normal.

However, at the moment they decide it must have been a dream, they would discover the objects, sharp and pronounced against the texture and tones of reality, they seem almost too perfect to be anything other than something supernatural.

[Set up Timeslots 1-5 for where you go and what you do, you will have a chance to Interact and specify more in depth when events happen during specified timeslots.]

[You can also choose to take several actions during timeslot one before leaving, for the purpose of exploring the current situation.]

[Theme: Five Owls Band - Quiet Life]

Edited by Hal Henderics

Head to the police station.

"Bob, I need you guys to analyze this glove; find out what it's made of. It's important."

Wait for the police to analyze my Victory Glove. What is it made of? Can we tell how it was made?

Take the glove off and see if I can move physical objects (like, I dunno, a pencil) with it by dangling it by one of its fingers and swinging the glove into them. If so, demonstrate this to Bob and ask what he sees.