Hell on Earth (Reborn Nuzlocke)

RedAlert

I feel I'm doing too many of these things, welp

A new semester opens up, promising a Sawsbuck-load of work (kay, I'll stop) and tons of new responsibilities! But does that inspire me to become productive? Nope! On to another run! Even though my Grass monorun is incomplete and I've planned to a Dark monorun, yayy

Also I'm easily carried away by new and fancy stuff so pls 5giv

On to it! The Rules (totally not copy-pasted from Bulbapedia):

Spoiler

The most basic Nuzlocke rules, as they were first introduced, are as follows:

• Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in the Pokémon Storage System permanently.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch. If there's a static encounter in the area, the player is allowed to capture them despite already capturing a Pokémon in that area. Shiny Pokémon also do not apply to this rule.

Other near-universally used rules include (I guess I'm including these as well, eh):

• The general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
  • The general consensus is that a black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
  • Strongly implied, though not explicitly mentioned in the comic, is the stipulation that the player can use only Pokémon they have captured themselves, meaning traded Pokémon, mystery gifts, etc., are prohibited. Trading and retrading the same Pokémon (for the purpose of evolving a Graveler, for example) is something of a gray area, and may fall under optional rules. As of White: Hard-Mode Episode 3, it is implied that the player can accept Pokémon that are received freely from NPCs (Thank Ame for Encounter mons).
  • Also strongly implied is a prohibition against voluntarily resetting and reloading the game when things go wrong. Being able to do so would render all of the other rules pointless.

The no soft-reset rule makes me shudder.

However, an exception to all these rules, in my case: Battles against major 75 lvl bosses (Solaris, Arceus, etc) will not be counted: meaning I will actually try to beat them, but any deaths occurred throughout the battle will be dragon-ball-wished.

Tbh, I don't expect to get very far, but I'll see where I reach.

In any case, I've already started it, and this is as far as I've reached (I've just beaten asslord Fern):

Mah bois and grills <3

image.png

No deaths up till now. Although I must admit of some slight grievances:

Spoiler

image.png

effing Non-technician Kricketune

image.png

Amazing IVs, but it'll probably die in one hit to a physical attack, Budew's defense is crap as it is

image.png

The worst of it all, yay.

There go two amazing Pokemon that would've served me well, sigh. (Not that I won't be using them, beggars can't be choosers after all)

The posting rate will be much slower on this thread than my grass mono cuz i'm a wuss

Good luck! I think it's totally possible to do, especially depending on what event pokemon you decide to use :) I'll be paying attention to this one as well. You can totally ability capsule Kricketune if you want, though, I know there's one at the very start and another one available after the first PULSE Tangrowth. 

Also I completely understand wanting to do a ton of runs :D I might do another thing on top of my rock run, but I don't expect to get very far with it either...

6 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Mad respect for even considering a nuzlocke in Reborn, let alone starting it, let alone beating Fern :D  

Good luck, you'll definitely need it

As I said, the only hard battles I've had yet was against Cain and this random Oddish trainer I encountered while my team were all yellow...

Fern was easy as hell. Led with Trubbish, set up two Toxic spikes and switched over to Dustox to finish off his Lotad. Kricketune took care of Snivy and Chimchar of Budew.

Wonder if I should have started out with a "broken" starter, instead... Infernale is great, but Blaziken would've made this more.... Possible.

Edited by RedAlert

18 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

As I said, the only hard battles I've had yet was against Cain and this random Oddish trainer I encountered while my team were all yellow...

Fern was easy as hell. Led with Trubbish, set up two Toxic spikes and switched over to Dustox to finish off his Dustox. Kricketune took care of Snivy and Chimchar of Budew.

Wonder if I should have started out with a "broken" starter, instead... Infernale is great, but Blaziken would've made this more.... Possible.

I was thinking about a Nuzlocke too! I wish you the best of lucks!