Creating Canon Teams for the In Game Protagonists

If each in game hero had an in-game canon team, what would it be? For generation one, for example, Red is known to use the same six Pokemon: Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, Lapras (for HGSS, anyway, otherwise Espeon). Here are some ideas I have:

Gen II (HGSS): Typhlosion (referencing the anime when Gold finds a Raikou), Togekiss (you receive it from an egg), Heracross (a fan favorite), Sudowoodo (a required side battle), the red Gyarados (to showcase a new feature), and Dragonite (from the Dragon's Den)/Tyranitar (as the pseudo legend)

Gen III (ORAS): Sceptile (to reference Pokemon Origins), Gardevoir (a popular new psychic type at the time), Swellow (a dependable flying type), Manectric (fast electric type), Latios/Latias (based on the game you are playing), Sharpedo (as it is the fastest surfing Pokemon you get in the game)

Gen IV: Torteterra (to reference Dawn's Piplup), the POWERFUL Staraptor, Luxray, Porygon-Z (to showcase one new evolution, and you get it from someone in a house), Lucario (from Riley), Floatzel

Gen V (Black/White): Samurott, Simisear (if Samurott), Zoroark, Lilligant (as the protagonist is playing White according to Origins, when N fights Ghetsis and loses Reshiram), Archeops (as a fossil), Zekrom (because of Pokemon Origins)

Gen V (Black II/White II): Emboar, Arcanine, Lucario (all in the animated trailers), N's Zoroark, Cincinno (in the hidden grotto), Jellicent (Undella Bay)

Gen VI: Chesnaught, Charizard (both from Origins), Lucario (given to you), Goodra (fan favorite), Sylveon (the popular Fairy type), Clawitzer/Dragalge depending on the version

Not sure about Gen 7

There are my own opinions, though. What are yours? Let me know!

Edited by FactoryofSadness

I'm curious to know what the in-game protagonist's canon teams are for Pokémon Reborn and Pokémon Rejuvenation. I mean, we might as well ask Jan and Amethyst. But yeah, I'm curious to know that. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

I'm curious to know what the in-game protagonist's canon teams are for Pokémon Reborn and Pokémon Rejuvenation. I mean, we might as well ask Jan and Amethyst. But yeah, I'm curious to know that. Any ideas?

I have a small idea, but this is only using the avatars I had:

Reborn if Vero is Protagonist

Swampert- Yes, I know Blaziken is the popular one, but this is to reflect the rivals in the game. Rivals should be the ones who challenge you in some way, and frankly, Cain and Victoria do not really do that to as much of an extent as Fern does. Given the fact it has a 4x weakness to grass, this makes even more sense, paired with great bulk (Greninja is also a possibility for this spot, but I chose Swampert because Protean negates the weakness)

Noivern- This would be the fly slave throughout the region. Noivern is also found relatively early, and it helps it is part dragon

Leavanny- I like to think most protagonists have some Fire/Water/Grass trio, and one of the earliest reliable grass types you can get is Leavanny

Magnezone- One of the kings of Reborn, this Pokemon is amazing in a majority of fields. It also can hit extremely hard, and has Sturdy.

Gardevoir- This is just another one of the kings/queens of Reborn. It is accessible early enough, and is useful as soon as you get it.

Ninetales- I'm not actually sure about the sixth spot, but I wanted a mystery egg Pokemon. For me, Ninetales makes the most sense, as it completes the Fire/Water/Grass trio.

On Rotation- Exploud, Scrafty, Lucario, Sylveon, Cofagrigus

Rejuvenation Protagonist

I'm not actually sure about the names of the protagonists, so I'm again just going to go for the one I used: the one with the green cap

Sceptile- It used to be Chesnaught (as your rivals had Delphox and Greninja, but no one had Chesnaught), but with the new update, I decided to go for Sceptile for being relatively fast. Decidueye could also be another substitution here.

Alolan Muk- It's the first Shadow Pokemon you run across

Lycanroc Midday- It's an early fast sweeper with Stealth Rocks

Hariyama- It's obtainable relatively early, and quite powerful: it helps tremendously against Angie

Pyroar- Pyroar helps symbolize everything you do for the Help Center

Crawdaunt- I feel as if the male with the green hat would generally like sweepers, and this one is no exception. This also completes the Fire/Water/Grass trio

On Rotation- Swoobat, Banette, Dusclops, Heliolisk, Nidoking

8 minutes ago, seki108 said:

I'm ok with everything but this..........

Honestly, me too. I would have preferred Victini or Darmanitan, but I know Gamefreak would be the one to push the monkeys on us. It's the only reason Simisear is on the list.