Character Name

Okami

I have an OC who is essentially an android from another planet (well, android isn't the right word has she wasn't created by mankind but she looks pretty human) who is trying to hunt down the entity that made the entire species of her creators go extinct while she was in cryo sleep (she doesn't know who or what did it, it's a wild goose chase through the stars).

Anyway, aesthetically she's very much inspired by the waning moon phases, her weapon of choice is a sickle that resembles a crescent moon.

I have two name ideas for her, but can't really decide on which.

Crescent

or

Skara

I was thinking about naming her either Artemis or Diana but due to my affection for the DC characters of the same name I'm refraining from doing that. 

So what do you guys think? Skara or Crescent?

12 minutes ago, Okami said:

I have an OC who is essentially an android from another planet (well, android isn't the right word has she wasn't created by mankind but she looks pretty human) who is trying to hunt down the entity that made the entire species of her creators go extinct while she was in cryo sleep (she doesn't know who or what did it, it's a wild goose chase through the stars).

Anyway, aesthetically she's very much inspired by the waning moon phases, her weapon of choice is a sickle that resembles a crescent moon.

I have two name ideas for her, but can't really decide on which.

Crescent

or

Skara

I was thinking about naming her either Artemis or Diana but due to my affection for the DC characters of the same name I'm refraining from doing that. 

So what do you guys think? Skara or Crescent?

Crescent is better than Skara.

I'd say Skara, it's something that you most likely won;t ever hear anywhere else and it just sounds cool (and can be changed into a shortened version of her model)

I'd say the same thing as Wolfox 

Skara sounds something you normally wouldn't hear

Also as you've said it's said that the android like creature is from another planet refraining to give names that give meaning in human languages (Crescent)

I'd say Skara sounds extra-terrestrial...

Skara. The best types of names are the ones that are memorable, and I can count on my hand how many Cresents I can think of off the top of my head. Plus it just sounds like your character is a moon or something, which wouldn't really fit an android, in my opinion.