Being a terrible friend

Anime

I  was so blind, i kept joking and turned a somehow ignored his warnings, knock it off, please stop, he said but the as the horrible person that is Me i thought it was all a joke, well the joke is one me now, i lost a good friend wit- jokes? thats what I thought, now that i think about it they're insults, yes this bastard (me) insuled his good friend times and times again, and i kept thinking of it as a joke, why? because i'm one horrible guy, and now there is no chance of getting him back, he doesn't want to never speak to me anymore. i hope he enjoys his life

Mate, I feel sorry for you.

Maybe try to have a serious conversation with him to explain your past behaviour and to apologise for your behaviour. Then, whether he wants to be friends again or not, at least you feel less guilty because you've explained it all

Keep calm bro. It was just a mistake , if you two are close , just send a message to him and excuse yourself. You're one of the most adorable guy i know , it's just a bad moment but trust me it will be better with time , and remember if you need someone to talk with , i'm here.

Edited by Pμrple

serious conversation with said person is not going to help because im pretty sure that I know who said friend is and if im correct he has blocked amine on all possible fronts already. either way, if your friendship fell apart that easily, im not sure if it was that great to begin with. sorry if im being rude, saying that. but even with the 'knock it offs' etc, blocking was kind of an extreme measure.

anyway, yeah, youre at fault, but stop beating yourself up over that. you made a mistake, youve grown out of that mistake. because should you ever grow closer to said person again, you know what you can and cant do.

what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you :(. Try to excuse him, hoping that he will answer you. No Amine, i'm 100% sure that you aren't a horrible person, but you're very kind and helpful person. It happens to everyone to make mistakes in life, but you also have to try to fix It. I hope with all my heart that you will be able to talk with him again.

46 minutes ago, Tommy Wiseau said:

serious conversation with said person is not going to help because im pretty sure that I know who said friend is and if im correct he has blocked amine on all possible fronts already. either way, if your friendship fell apart that easily, im not sure if it was that great to begin with. sorry if im being rude, saying that. but even with the 'knock it offs' etc, blocking was kind of an extreme measure.

anyway, yeah, youre at fault, but stop beating yourself up over that. you made a mistake, youve grown out of that mistake. because should you ever grow closer to said person again, you know what you can and cant do.

bibs should be the official reborn chancellor xD.

and as he said, if that's what it took for him to block you on everything, I think it was not that strong of a friendship. it will still hurt, and that won't stop anytime soon. but beating yourself up over it is the worst thing you can do (trust me, I know). my advice would be to just try to forget about him and this, now I know that's likely the hardest thing, but it's the best thing you can do.

a little tip that helps me in these situations is music, lots and lots of music. and of course I'm always here if you gotta talk to someone

1 hour ago, Tommy Wiseau said:

*you're most likely to be right, i dunno but he might've not really considered me a good friend like i did. welp at least i won't do that to anyone else.

21 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

bibs should be the official reborn chancellor xD.

and as he said, if that's what it took for him to block you on everything, I think it was not that strong of a friendship. it will still hurt, and that won't stop anytime soon. but beating yourself up over it is the worst thing you can do (trust me, I know). my advice would be to just try to forget about him and this, now I know that's likely the hardest thing, but it's the best thing you can do.

a little tip that helps me in these situations is music, lots and lots of music. and of course I'm always here if you gotta talk to someone

Thanks wolfy, and yeah i've been listening to a lot of music lately

Listen,

This may sound corny but I too have been in a similar situation.

Now the thing to do is either to make yourself realize that you yourself were in the wrong (which you have done)

Try to have a sensible person to person talk with that guy (rather than friend to friend) 

But what matters most is that you have realized your faults and if that person was really your friend 

then indeed he will come back...

I wish you luck and you have all our support with you...

Ooh :(

It's ok, as a human who lives on laughing at and getting laughed at, I also have been close to making the same mistake

(granted, my friends are mostly like me)

At least the experience will remain, so you know it is possible to lose a friend over jokes.

I think it should tighten the bonds of your existing and future friendships, don't you think? :)

Edited by Candy

5 minutes ago, President Felix said:

You get no pity from me. Harrassing someone despite people telling you to stop is just awful. Learn about boundaries and when jokes are appropriate.

I appreciate your advice: i will be more respectful towards people

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

I've always disliked 'jokes' and jokers who are always ragging on people. It's never a cool way to try and be humorous. Some 'bros' do that with each other (it's pretty rampant among army grunts, tbh), but I've never found it appealing. I'm one of those people who can brush it off but it's rarely something I ever reciprocate.

Except for Ikaru. the whole squid thing is just outlandish and you can't take any of that seriously.

I'd suggest looking at your humor and find an alternative source of levity for your conversations.