Best pokemon?

So...I started a new game with the release of version 9. When Popplio was first announced, I thought it was hideous. For some reason now, I think it's adorable. Anyways, popplio is probably my favorite water starter now. It's water fairy typing, plus base 126 sp attack, plus it's move pool is just soooo good. I'd say it's one of the best starters in this game period. Then there's rockruff! I adore rockruff. I'm so glad it's available super early. It's adorable, rock type is great, and it's fast. Of course, I chose the day form to evolve. Still fast, and accelerock is also just sooo good. As well as the fact it's level up gives it access to rock slide and stone edge at a relatively good time, plus it's got a pretty nice attacl stat. I wish eevee was available much earlier tho :( I love espeon. What pokemon do you love in this game or that pleasantly surprised you on how well it did?

i love my alola ninetails i always loved the ninetails and then i see he get an alola form i was like yea baby and i want a milotic jan pls put milotic in the next episode and i love some other pokemon but i dont use them bc i use them in other pokemon games and i dont want to use them in all my pokemon games but for ninetails and milotic this 2 is my personal favourite

Geodude is that Pokemon for me. Despite its horrid typing and speed, I found its power and Sturdy ability to be quite excellent. The fact it learns moves such as Earthquake and Heavy Slam (for those fairy types) is quite good, and it is a decent physical wall, as well.

Rockruff did indeed pleasantly surprise me, what I expected to be a part-time member earned a permanent spot on my team. Accelrock + Stone edge + Stealth Rock are great on it, although it must be careful while setting up.

My starter, Decidueye and Gastrodon have also been extremely vital for the team.

I didn't think I'd like rockruff because of how frail it was. Boy was I wrong ❤️ Im glad I have a decidueye on my team too! I got it in the jungle place and the typing fit nicely, plus its design is pretty cool. Long live Robin Hoot ❤️

On 7/5/2017 at 6:59 PM, FactoryofSadness said:

Geodude is that Pokemon for me. Despite its horrid typing and speed, I found its power and Sturdy ability to be quite excellent. The fact it learns moves such as Earthquake and Heavy Slam (for those fairy types) is quite good, and it is a decent physical wall, as well.

I didn't actually like geodude until a few years ago when sturdy changed. Bailed my ass out a ton of times plus has a nice amount of resistances

Shedinja was so OP in rejuv that it got nerfed SHEDINJA IS REJUVENATION'S HARAMBE
No jokes, Ditto is a very good one, but you must know how basically every pokemon works, so its hard to use him. Gotta love SexSlave Ditto

I got the stroke of Lady Luck and my starter was an Eevee from the Random Machine. Immediately wanted a Sylveon, which is my favorite eeveelution.

It was difficult to start with an Eevee, but definetly worthwhile. Sylveon constantly saved me throughout the playthrough and was ridiculously tanky so it could take a ton of hits. 

One that I was surprised with was Houndoom. When I got the gift Houndour from Karrina, I had mixed feelings since I've never used one, but it made the main team regardless. In the end, it was a surprise physical-set with a surprise Pokémon I hadn't thought of using at all.

In this playthrough, scolipede saved me so many times: speed boost ability, protection, toxic, stab steamroller or megahorn, what else do you want? ;)

I quote what has been said for rockruff, and ofc protean greninja is just too fun. A poke that really surprised me was static electrode: awesome speed, easy set up of lightscreen or rain dance or whatever you like, and with electroball can inflict ridiculous damage. Definitely worth training it :)

For me,it will be ludicolo.Many people underestimate ludicolo but it can be very reliable.Water type moves are 4x ineffective against it.Ludicolo alone took out 5 out of 6 pokemons of Valerie.Once i have access to ice beam in future version,it will be more helpful.I also used ditto and shedinja in my first run.I used ditto to beat Amber and Spectre,the reserve ghost leader.I used shedinja to beat Erick.

Dodrio saved me many times in my run. Dodrio helped me a lot against Nastasia, Valerie and the normal type gym (forgot her name). Didn't expect it from Dodrio, but it's my real MVP

Ooh this is a hard one. I'd say it's between Lunatone (second playthrough) and Empoleon (first playthrough) for me. They both saved me in some nasty situations with how tanky they can be and with Lunatone's Hypnosis

(and Shedinja for both playthroughs fury cutter spam op)

Edited by Quinnox

I chose Vanilluxe to fit with my Rejuvenation protagonists theme team. Maybe it's the will'o'wisp purification move, or the mirror coat, but with Version 9 giving him snow warning and freeze dry, aaah such a hidden gem!

it's great what a positive experience can do for you opinion on certain pokemon.

also sending love to my Lycanroc midnight because she still outsped and tanked what she needed to and those nice 100% accuracy stone edges <3

also @OP best started please appreciate that siren.

Edited by Cataline

alolan muk mvp of my current playtrough on intense difficulty, greninja is also freaking OP. i didnt struggle much in version 9 intense mode compare to version 6 normal mode so idk if there was a lot of nerf in between those version or if it was my team that was better build