[Currently Discontinued] Zell's Super Spooky Ghost Run! [Latest Gym leader defeated: Corey]

Zellorea

Currently not being updated.

Hey guys! I am finally here with my ghost monotype run! Well... Technically I'm not as this is just an introductory post so you guys can understand the rules of this run, what's going on, and that sort of thing... So lets start with what you'll find in this particular post! In this part you'll be able to find a table of contents, which will be separated into pages, allowing you to know which chapter is on what page, meaning you just need to scroll down. My progress! Green Text will mean that chapter is finished and posted, Yellow text means it's finished but just not posted yet, Orange means I am currently on it, and Red means it's unfinished. Every chapter will end with a gym battle, which will leave us with... 16 Chapters... Well who knew? This will be updated on a weekly basis, some may come sooner or later depending on what's going on in my life, but expect the updates to come Friday! Also, this playthrough will be a roleplay of sorts, like @Awesome_One's ground and his ice run! Meaning I will be taking the role of the main character, Sage. Before I get any further introducing you to everything, I want to thank the creator of the pokemon reborn sandbox, this has been helping immensely in the run and makes some cool things possible! I will not be using this to obtain items early or cheat in any way. One last thing, I promise. So you know how @Jess is currently doing a poison mono, and is naming her pokemon after one theme? (Greek mythology) Well I really liked that, so I'll also be doing it... But I thought to myself "What fits ghost types as a naming theme" and then I realized... Our naming theme will be based on demons and demonic things! (I apologize in advanced if this offends anyone) So lets get to the rules now!

I) I must have at least 2 of my starting pokemon in my party at a time.

II) After I defeat... Lets say Corey, all of my pokemon must be EV trained.

III) Mega evolution will be used (Thanks pokemon sandbox!) However it will not be used until we defeat Shade.

IV) Mega pokemon can't have any healing items used on them when in the battle, even if they haven't mega evolved yet. They also must be 3 levels below the cap (Number may change).

V) All ghosts must be captured, and only ghosts can be used.

VI) Any optional story fights must be fought and won (Example would be the first solaris fight, and the last Taka fight)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Progress:

Chapter 1: Julia                         Chapter 2: Florinia                  Current point in Chapter: Very end of Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Corey                       Chapter 4: Shelly 

Chapter 5: Shade                       Chapter 6: Kiki

Chapter 7: Aya                          Chapter 8: Serra

Chapter 9: Noel                         Chapter 10: Radamous

Chapter 11: Luna                       Chapter 12: Samson

Chapter 13: Charlotte               Chapter 14: T3RR4

Chapter 15: Ciel                        Chapter 16: Adrienn 

Game/Playtime: 7:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents:

Page 1:

Chapter 1

Page 2:

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 3.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So lets introduce Sage and her team, why don't we? 

Bannette/Lucifer

Spoiler

My first ever toy was a doll, the doll was of a pokemon named Banette. My mother had put a gemstone around the neck of this doll, and I've had this doll for my whole life... I felt safe around this doll... Later in life, I found out that this was an actual Banette. I still loved this thing though... Whenever I had bullies, this "Doll" just made them... Go away. When I was ten my grand father died, and from his will, and I inherited the ring he always had around his finger, which seemed to dully shine when I was near my "Doll" I hadn't named him for awhile, just called him "Doll" but once I began befriending more ghost types, I named him Lucifer. 

Litwick/Levi

Spoiler

My mother enjoyed collecting candles, it was a strange hobby in my eyes, but it was hers... But one day I began hearing a voice, it was guiding me towards one of the candles... At first I was confused, until I realized, "Oh my god that's a pokemon" It was a Litwick that was stuck in one of the boxes my mother put some candles in. Of course I let it out, and ever since then, it's been following me. I named him Levi (Short for Leviathan) 

Honedge/Oni

Spoiler

While my mother was a collector of candles, my father collected medieval weapons. (Again, a weird hobby) And I could hear my other three ghosts directing me... Oh, sorry, I haven't told you about Ghoul yet? Tsk tsk, be patient, it made more sense to tell you about the two ones that were trapped by my parents together. Ghoul will be explained next... They led me to his collection to infront of one of his armor suits. In the hand of the suit was a blade... But it had an eye, it seemed to be struggling in the hand of the suit. So I freed it by grabbing the hilt and pulling it out... I read somewhere that Honedge can absorb the life energy of someone who grabs them by the hilt, but lucky for me, it didn't kill me. Yet again... No one believed he was a pokemon... My dad was furious, I had to hide him so my dad wouldn't put him back... But this was probably the last straw... I named him Oni. 

Ghastly/Ghoul

Spoiler

On a school trip to see what factory workers dealt with, and how they used pokemon in the work. (A weird field trip for a Math class. But whatever) I saw what was clearly a gastly in what looked like immense pain... In a glass chamber with intense vacuums sucking away it's life bit by bit... So of course I freed it! No one believed me when I told them it was a pokemon, they just thought I was trying to interfere with their work and made me leave the factory... The gastly followed me home, and played with Levi, Lucifer, and I. I named him Ghoul.

So I've told you the stories of how my ghosts and I came to be friends. I should probably tell you how I ended up in this wasteland known as Reborn, shouldn't I? Well, let me start with a bit of a backstory first... *Ahem*

Sage

I was a lonely girl, not many friends, my parents thought I was going insane as I was claiming "Inanimate" objects were pokemon. Despite what I was told by therapists, my parents, and peers, I always believed they were pokemon, this was not just my imagination. People probably also thought I was insane/evil because I named these "Inanimate" objects I claimed were pokemon after Demonic things. However this cost me later in life. On my eighteenth birthday my parents got me a train ticket... We were at the station, they gave me a ticket, and while the train was MOVING, they pushed me from the docking platform onto the train... I ended up crashing into a woman named Ame... Still a bit shocked I decided to go a bit simple "Where are we going?" She dusted herself off a bit, sat down, pulled me into a seat across from her and simply said "Reborn" She continued "Err... That was a bit strange, when we get to reborn, I can send the train back, or you could start the reborn league, I talked to your parents earlier, they claimed the pokemon were fake... But they obviously aren't!" She points to Dismay who fell to the floor, who was now moving around, trying to steal a bagel from someone. I was a bit shocked so I could only muster "I'll think about it..." She smiles and says "Alright, fair enough. Anyway, we got a couple hours of train, tell me a bit about yourself." So we just talked for awhile... Me saying stupidly I'm from Opelucid town in Unova... Obviously! But little did I know I would not be returning to my home town... Nor region. I probably should've been made quite aware that the man with the bagel was acting suspicious... But I guess everything, even train rides, have to end with a bang.

Wow that was a long post.... Anyway! I hope you'll join me again, for the start of Sages adventure. 

Edited by Zellorea

31 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

So you know how @Jess is currently doing a poison mono, and is naming her pokemon after one theme? (Greek mythology) Well I really liked that, so I'll also be doing it... But I thought to myself "What fits ghost types as a naming theme" and then I realized... Our naming theme will be based on demons and demonic things!

I'm glad you liked my idea and it's nice that you are doing something similar! I wish you good luck for your new mono run! Btw, I like how you've organised your first post! I always try to organise it the best I can, but it never gets very good...

35 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

I'm right there in my Poison monorun and I have to say only one thing. YOU. WILL. REGRET. THIS.

Boredom level over 9000

33 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

Hey guys! I am finally here with my ghost monotype run! Well... Technically I'm not as this is just an introductory post so you guys can understand the rules of this run, what's going on, and that sort of thing... So lets start with what you'll find in this particular post! In this part you'll be able to find a table of contents, which will be separated into pages, allowing you to know which chapter is on what page, meaning you just need to scroll down. My progress! Green Text will mean that chapter is finished and posted, Yellow text means it's finished but just not posted yet, Orange means I am currently on it, and Red means it's unfinished. Every chapter will end with a gym battle, which will leave us with... 16 Chapters... Well who knew? This will be updated on a weekly basis, some may come sooner or later depending on what's going on in my life, but expect the updates to come sunday! Also, this playthrough will be a roleplay of sorts, like @Awesome_One's ground and his ice run! Meaning I will be taking the role of the main character, Sage. Before I get any further introducing you to everything, I want to thank the creator of the pokemon reborn sandbox, this has been helping immensely in the run and makes some cool things possible! I will not be using this to obtain items early or cheat in any way. One last thing, I promise. So you know how @Jess is currently doing a poison mono, and is naming her pokemon after one theme? (Greek mythology) Well I really liked that, so I'll also be doing it... But I thought to myself "What fits ghost types as a naming theme" and then I realized... Our naming theme will be based on demons and demonic things! (I apologize in advanced if this offends anyone) So lets get to the rules now!

I) I must have at least 2 of my starting pokemon in my party at a time.

III) Mega evolution will be used (Thanks pokemon sandbox!) However it will not be used until we defeat Shade.

IV) Mega pokemon can't have any healing items used on them when in the battle, even if they haven't mega evolved yet. They also must be 3 levels below the cap (Number may change).

V) All ghosts must be captured, and only ghosts can be used.

VI) Any optional story fights must be fought and won (Example would be the first solaris fight, and the last Taka fight)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Progress:

Chapter 1: Julia                         Chapter 2: Florinia                                                                                              Current point in Chapter: Gym

Chapter 3: Corey                       Chapter 4: Shelly 

Chapter 5: Shade                       Chapter 6: Kiki

Chapter 7: Aya                          Chapter 8: Serra

Chapter 9: Noel                         Chapter 10: Radamous

Chapter 11: Luna                       Chapter 12: Samson

Chapter 13: Charlotte                 Chapter 14: T3RR4

Chapter 15: Ciel                         Chapter 16: Adrienn 

Table of Contents:

This will be updated as the chapters go on, since there's nothing to put her yet, this'll be empty.

So lets introduce Sage and her team, why don't we? 

Bannette/Lucifer? 

Reveal hidden contents

My first ever toy was a doll, the doll was of a pokemon named Banette. My mother had put a gemstone around the neck of this doll, and I've had this doll for my whole life... I felt safe around this doll... Later in life, I found out that this was an actual Banette. I still loved this thing though... Whenever I had bullies, this "Doll" just made them... Go away. When I was ten my grand father died, and from his will, and I inherited the ring he always had around his finger, which seemed to dully shine when I was near my "Doll" I hadn't named him for awhile, just called him "Doll" but once I began befriending more ghost types, I named him Lucifer. 

Litwick/Levi

Reveal hidden contents

My mother enjoyed collecting candles, it was a strange hobby in my eyes, but it was hers... But one day I began hearing a voice, it was guiding me towards one of the candles... At first I was confused, until I realized, "Oh my god that's a pokemon" It was a Litwick that was stuck in one of the boxes my mother put some candles in. Of course I let it out, and ever since then, it's been following me. I named him Levi (Short for Leviathan) 

Honedge/Oni

Reveal hidden contents

While my mother was a collector of candles, my father collected medieval weapons. (Again, a weird hobby) And I could hear my other three ghosts directing me... Oh, sorry, I haven't told you about Ghoul yet? Tsk tsk, be patient, it made more sense to tell you about the two ones that were trapped by my parents together. Ghoul will be explained next... They led me to his collection to infront of one of his armor suits. In the hand of the suit was a blade... But it had an eye, it seemed to be struggling in the hand of the suit. So I freed it by grabbing the hilt and pulling it out... I read somewhere that Honedge can absorb the life energy of someone who grabs them by the hilt, but lucky for me, it didn't kill me. Yet again... No one believed he was a pokemon... My dad was furious, I had to hide him so my dad wouldn't put him back... But this was probably the last straw... I named him Oni. 

Ghastly/Ghoul

Reveal hidden contents

On a school trip to see what factory workers dealt with, and how they used pokemon in the work. (A weird field trip for a Math class. But whatever) I saw what was clearly a gastly in what looked like immense pain... In a glass chamber with intense vacuums sucking away it's life bit by bit... So of course I freed it! No one believed me when I told them it was a pokemon, they just thought I was trying to interfere with their work and made me leave the factory... The gastly followed me home, and played with Levi, Lucifer, Oni, and I. I named him Ghoul.

So I've told you the stories of how my ghosts and I came to be friends. I should probably tell you how I ended up in this wasteland known as Reborn, shouldn't I? Well, let me start with a bit of a backstory first... *Ahem*

Sage

I was a lonely girl, not many friends, my parents thought I was going insane as I was claiming "Inanimate" objects were pokemon. Despite what I was told by therapists, my parents, and peers, I always believed they were pokemon, this was not just my imagination. People probably also thought I was insane/evil because I named these "Inanimate" objects I claimed were pokemon after Demonic things. However this cost me later in life. On my eighteenth birthday my parents got me a train ticket... We were at the station, they gave me a ticket, and while the train was MOVING, they pushed me from the docking platform onto the train... I ended up crashing into a woman named Ame... Still a bit shocked I decided to go a bit simple "Where are we going?" She dusted herself off a bit, sat down, pulled me into a seat across from her and simply said "Reborn" She continued "Err... That was a bit strange, when we get to reborn, I can send the train back, or you could start the reborn league, I talked to your parents earlier, they claimed the pokemon were fake... But they obviously aren't!" She points to Dismay who fell to the floor, who was now moving around, trying to steal a bagel from someone. I was a bit shocked so I could only muster "I'll think about it..." She smiles and says "Alright, fair enough. Anyway, we got a couple hours of train, tell me a bit about yourself." So we just talked for awhile... Me saying stupidly I'm from Opelucid town in Unova... Obviously! But little did I know I would not be returning to my home town... Nor region. I probably should've been made quite aware that the man with the bagel was acting suspicious... But I guess everything, even train rides, have to end with a bang.

Wow that was a long post.... Anyway! I hope you'll join me again, for the start of Sages adventure. 

Thanks for the shout out! ^_^ I was so into this! And I like how you started off with four Pokemon with one of them being fully evolved. And the story kind of creeped me out. That's a good thing though. It's really good story telling. And Sage's parents are just so mean! If I were her, I think I'd rather be in Reborn instead of with them. Haha. Good luck in this run though! :D

6 minutes ago, Jess said:

I'm glad you liked my idea and it's nice that you are doing something similar! I wish you good luck for your new mono run! Btw, I like how you've organised your first post! I always try to organise it the best I can, but it never gets very good...

Thank you! And don't sell yourself short, I like how you organize your posts!

7 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Thanks for the shout out! ^_^ I was so into this! And I like how you started off with four Pokemon with one of them being fully evolved. And the story kind of creeped me out. That's a good thing though. It's really good story telling. And Sage's parents are just so mean! If I were her, I think I'd rather be in Reborn instead of with them. Haha. Good luck in this run though! :D

Thank you, and also about starting with four pokemon, well, one of them won't be used for a bit... It'll be explained.

23 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

Thank you!

Kudos to you for taking your time and typing all that plus it really makes it intresting i hope you have fun and say hello to luna  for me :>

i cant no matter how much i try, type more than a few sentences, also i'm very messy so i cant make a nice and organized introduction/first post when i do a mono thats why i stopped in any mono :>

36 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

Thank you! And don't sell yourself short, I like how you organize your posts!

Thank you, and also about starting with four pokemon, well, one of them won't be used for a bit... It'll be explained.

Oh no! Did one of them die?! Wait... They're ghost sooo... They wouldn't be able to die right?... A little dark humor there. Haha. Funny right? Haha. Yea no? No? Alright. I'll be quiet now. o.o

11 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

Kudos to you for taking your time and typing all that plus it really makes it intresting i hope you have fun and say hello to luna  for me :>

This is the second mono in a row that I am going to be weak to her!!! Also second time in a row I'll be weak to shade... But this time I've also got some power against him >:)

5 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Oh no! Did one of them die?! Wait... They're ghost sooo... They wouldn't be able to die right?... A little dark humor there. Haha. Funny right? Haha. Yea no? No? Alright. I'll be quiet now. o.o

DAMMIT YOU FIGURED OUT THE JOKE BEFORE I EVEN TOLD IT!

1 hour ago, Zellorea said:

This is the second mono in a row that I am going to be weak to her!!! Also second time in a row I'll be weak to shade... But this time I've also got some power against him >:)

DAMMIT YOU FIGURED OUT THE JOKE BEFORE I EVEN TOLD IT!

you might need some Destiny bonds and well focus blasts, maybe throw in some shadow claws and you'll be fine

10 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

I really like this style of Run and a ghost run is very interesting :D. Now i also add this in my list " Run to follow" :). Good luck Zellorea ^^

!uoy knahT

Chapter 1: An explosive beginning

The Team:

litwick.gif Levi the Litwick!

gastly.gif Ghoul the Gastly!

honedge.gif Oni the Honedge!

banette.gif Lucifer the Banette!?

I awake in a pile of rubble, Ame leaning over me... She asks me if I'm ok, then says she has to go find the culprit of a... Bombing? I look beside me and see the train is destroyed. Ame is about to say something when a green haired girl in a bright yellow outfit shows up... Apparently this person is named Julia and is also the electric type gym leader... Huh, whaddya know.  Ame tells me to go to the grand hall as she has someone waiting for me there... Ok. I begin walking, however I quickly come to the conclusion that this place is a nightmare... I don't like this place... It just creeps me out, all these people... Criminals... I then realize something... I have Ghoul, Levi, and Oni... But where's Lucifer? I had him in my arms when the bomb went off... Did he die?  I then crack a smile at what I just said, He's a ghost, he can't die. We probably just got seperated during the explosion. I need to find him. I reach the grand hall and meet someone named Victoria, we meet Ame at the counter and I get signed up for the Reborn league, however I was sorta forced to do this because of something that I don't know whether or not I should be sad about... I can't return home because the train blew up. I guess I gotta deal with it... And while Victoria is getting her pokemon, a Guy? Girl? Xe? Yep, Guy, Challenges me to a battle, having three pokemon on me I am able to beat him. Quite easily might I add. We go heal up and Victoria meets us and challenges me to a battle, I also beat her... I'm assuming these advantages of me having three pokemon won't last long. And with that... We are on our own In this wasteland. I fight quite a few trainers around, help people out, get some items, and try to find Dismay... No dice with finding Dismay. Hell, knowing him he's probably going to be somewhere near a Cemetery, he's just naturally drawn to go to places with dead people... With this in mind I head back to the Grand hall and try to find Ame, it was pretty easy, she appeared to be at some type of desk. Since I need to know, I ask Ame if there is a Cemetery in Reborn, and if so Where?  She looks puzzled, then realization appears on her face (Probably realizing I'm a ghost trainer and it's natural I'd look for more ghosts at a cemetery) and tells me there's one in the Beryl ward, where the poison and ghost gym leaders also are. Hmmm... So Lucifer is probably in the Beryl ward... But there's a ghost master there... I need to defeat him. After some exploring in the peridot ward I find a suspicious Green haired guy infront of a factory... When I try to ask him what he's doing Because he looked very suspicious.  He says that he's the "cool cat" and "Top dog" and challenges me to a battle...

VS Fern

Spoiler

This guy thinks he can beat me when I have a fire type? Pffftttt... Hahaha... He stood no chance against Levi and his barrage of embers.

Afterwards he puts the idea in my head that I need to challenge the gym... I saw a gym like area earlier... Didn't I? Sort of looked like a power plant... And hey, didn't that Julia person say she was a Gym leader? I'd bet... Well... I check my wallet, only to realize it was pick pocketed. Well... I can't bet anything, but you get the idea. I head over and just before I enter the door I run right into Julia, she says she has to stop some people from blowing up her gym, and asks if I can come as well... I guess? I mean, I can't challenge her unless I do. And if the gym blows up I really can't challenge her. Once I get to the factory Julia blows the door up so we can get in... Geez. No wonder Ame thought you blew up the train. Once inside we meet a girl named Florinia, and get formally introduced to Fern, the green haired guy from earlier. He seems nice I guess... Just got off on the wrong foot, right? Right?  I mean come on, It's not like he makes fun of people who are depressed to the point of suicide or anything like that. We go through the factory fighting some people saying they're from something called Team meteor, once we reach the top we encounter a mystery man and two grunts... The grunts challenge Fern and I. And the mysterious mystery manmk1 battles both Julia and Florinia.

VS Aster + Eclipse

Spoiler

I lead with Ghoul, Fern goes with a budew. Ghoul takes a Shock wave and confuse rays Magby. Magby hurts itself and budew stun spores Magby. Ghoul dies to another shock wave, budew mega drains Elekid. Magby gets hurt again. I go into Oni, who takes a shock wave nicely, Budew mega drains, doing little to magby. Oni pursuits Magby, killing him. Oni dies to shock wave, we go into Levi and we win in a couple of turns.

After we win the members of team meteor disapear... Somehow. And now we can finally challenge Julia to a gym battle... We will win. THAT'S CONSIDERING WE GET OUT OF THIS  BUILDING BEFORE IT BLOWS UP!!!! GODDAMMIT JULIA!!! We escape... Wow, almost dying to an explosion twice in one day... What are the odds... Well... I guess the odds are pretty high when you spend majority of the day near someone who probably using dynamite to make toast. Before I head to the gym I barge into a few peoples houses... And they act like that's completely normal and don't care. Just like in Unova!  Doing this nets me some nice information... Like how certain items work, how in reborn if a pokemon surpasses the "Gym cap" they won't obey you no matter what, and that Inkay is a troll to people who didn't want a Malamar so they canceled Inkays evolution. Once I get into the gym, I blow up the doors using voltorb to eventually reach Julia... Wow she really likes explosives. But I already knew that. 

VS Julia

Spoiler

I lead with Oni, I set up with him and take out Helioptile and Blitzle until Emolga survives a hit and KO's him. Ghoul comes in and takes Emolga out in 3 night shades (Both her poitons were used) Ghoul kills both her Voltorbs by using night shade twice.  Currently on 22 health out of 43. Electrode charge beams, killing Ghoul. Levi kills Electrode with 3 night shades.  We shake hands and she presents me with a useless tm, and the Volt badge!

With this, I return to the grand hall to heal, and looking outside, it's quite dark out... So I should probably get to sleep... Oh wait... Where am I gonna sleep?.. I end up returning to Julia's gym and bunking with her... She's letting me sleep in her gym... Yay? I don't know, it's pretty hard to sleep without a bed... And with all the electric noises... And Julia blowing something up every five minutes... And dreaming of blowing stuff up every five minutes... And the sleep bombs... You don't want to know. Lets just say, she tried to blow up her hair... And this was in one night... Eh, I can get used to this, and it's better than sleeping outside I guess?.. Still confused on what to do in the end... Surely the train will be repaired before I finish the league... And I will most likely be able to fly on my pokemon by that point... But should I return to Unova? Should I accept this as my new home? I look around the main room. Maybe... Better this then dealing with people who think I'm insane... I'll sleep on it. 

And so ends the first chapter in Sages Adventure! I posted this a bit early, just because I felt the first chapter should probably be posted a bit earlier, who knows. Maybe I'll change the time these posts go up to Friday. So expect Chapter 2 to be posted on the 14th or the 16th.

Edited by Zellorea

I really like your story-writing! I hope you will continue this way. Also, did you change someone's name? Because who are Dismay, Swilt, Lilt, and Brin?

Maybe I've just forgotten, but I was just wondering

On 7/8/2017 at 6:33 AM, HongaarseBeer said:

I really like your story-writing! I hope you will continue this way. Also, did you change someone's name? Because who are Dismay, Swilt, Lilt, and Brin?

Maybe I've just forgotten, but I was just wondering

Err, ok that was my mistake. So, Swilt was ghoul, Lilt was Levi, Dismay was Lucifer, and Brin was Oni. I say was because those used to be their names before I scrapped them for the demon names. However the first chapter was written while they still had those names. I tried to change the names appropriately but it seems a missed some. Although it appears that I still messed up, as I somehow misspelled Ghouls original name which was Swirl XD. And thank you!

EDIT: Should be fixed. 

Edited by Zellorea