Follower Pokemon for V9

Well here we go, after a few weeks of altering script stuff and many, many, many, many, many events so that characters don't casually walk through your Pokemon (I still probably missed a few I'm sorry!), the V9 followers is ready to go. This release has overworld sprites for 40/80 of the Alolan Pokemon, and 7/18 of the Alolan forms, all of which are included in the credits. Should I keep finding new sprites, they will be included in future updates, and please note, any sprite included in here will be replaced if I find something better.

Some sceenshots:

naHZbp4.png

kX00G7m.png

LiHVDvs.png

MeQJ7zK.png

Also don't forget about this very important NPC:

5eUmTnj.png

You must talk to them to disable follower Pokemon before changing versions of Rejuv or else the game will crash upon launch. (I got many PMs about this, talk to them first please!)

How to use: Extract all of the folders from the download just like normal Rejuv. DO NOT MIX AND MATCH FILES FROM THIS AND NORMAL REJUV.

Pokemon will start following you after the use of a healing machine/having a nurse in a Pokemon center heal your party, and they'll be disabled when partnered up with an NPC trainer.

Some other features include:

The ability to cycle through your party with the "A" key rather than having to go through menus to do so.

The control key lets you toggle the follower Pokemon on or off (don't see why you'd download this to turn them off, but it's here)

Water types, flying types, and Pokemon with levitate will still follow the player when using Surf. That however leads to a little bug in that they'll still follow you even if you are surfing on them. This issue also applies to Magma Drift.

Known Bugs: 

Key: Red = Unfixed Green = Fixed in the new patch Yellow = Fixed in the next patch Blue = A side effect that can't be fixed. Orange = Not sure how to fix at the current moment but will fix as soon as I know how.

Pokemon field script problem.

You can use escape ropes and Dig with partner NPCs. It was either this, or no Dig and escape ropes at all.

When characters are moving around and not talking during a cutscene, you can talk to your Pokemon if you are facing them. This does not break any cutscene, and they will resume as normal.

Should you go through a screen transition that cuts to black while surfing, your Pokemon will begin following you again regardless of typing.

Water types still follow the player during Magma Drift.

Credits:

mej71 of the Pokecommunity forums for the base script that I edited.

TheSuzerain and the rest of the insurgence dev team for the Unova/Kalos overworld sprites.

Rowlet, Datrix, Deuicidueye, Litten, Torricat, Incineroar, Popplio, Brionne (No Primarina unfortunately), Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Salandlit, 
Rockrufff, Yungoos, and Cutiefly by: Princess Phoenix

Bewear, Type:Null, and Silvally (all 18 forms) by: blaner

Celesteela and Nihilego by: Zender1752

Xurkitree, Buzzwole, Golisopod, Pheromosa, Guzzlord, Toxapex, Salazzle, Kartana, Kommo-o, Crabrawler, and Crabominable by:
OldSoulja

Cosmog, Solagaleo, and Lunala by: Clara Wah

Togedemaru, Mimikyu, Pikipek, Comfey, Bounsweet, and Komala: Kidkatt

Alolan Vulpix, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Raichu, Marowak, and Exeggutor: Piphybuilder88

Tapu Koko: HantomProductions

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u9j7b9lqbrnj4uv/REJUV+FOLLOWERS+V9.rar

Patch 1 released: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4hu6i88u3k8pjjf/patch+1.rar

How to apply the patch: Drag and drop into the rejuv followers folder and click yes when asked to replace files.

I will release patches should gamebreaking bugs be found/enough new Gen 7 sprites found to warrant an update. Have fun!

Edited by Personthing

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks awesome! Is there any way for it to work with anyone with a Mac by any chance? I have Wine installed, but I don't think Macs can run .rar files.

EDIT: Never mind! What you need to do is to get an app called The Unarchiver.

Edited by FactoryofSadness

you made a great job rly but i dont thing i will download it bc i dont rly like my pokemon to follow me and something else what about when you party with another person then what happend did you test it? anyway great job man some ppl they will love it

1 hour ago, valantisthanasoulis said:

you made a great job rly but i dont thing i will download it bc i dont rly like my pokemon to follow me and something else what about when you party with another person then what happend did you test it? anyway great job man some ppl they will love it

When you partner up with an NPC trainer, follower Pokemon are disabled to avoid it looking awkward.

Just now, Personthing said:

When you partner up with an NPC trainer, follower Pokemon are disabled to avoid it looking awkward.

atleast ppl they will not have this problem anyway good job man

This is awesome :D Thanks!

I'll look forward to if/when you update for more alolan sprites

Spoiler

5959a360db826_ScreenShot2017-07-02at9_47_03PM.png.1b4b42c984547b891e3af4bb58b4edba.png

I also noticed that sprites were changed for most shiny pokemon as well, nice!

1 hour ago, FactoryofSadness said:

@Personthing when I try and start up the game, this happens:

G4Al9IM.png

What does it mean?

Mind explaining what you were doing before this happened? (As in what was the last thing you did in game before saving and starting?) Also if you could PM me your save.

Edited by Personthing

24 minutes ago, Personthing said:

Mind explaining what you were doing before this happened? (As in what was the last thing you did in game before saving and starting?) Also if you could PM me your save.

The last place I was in was in front of the breeder in Goldenleaf. Check your PM for my save.

2 hours ago, HellBoyOnEarth said:

@Personthing Where do I must extract the zip folder?

I have tries it in the normal Reju folder, but get an exception...

boweywkdi89.jpg

It's not an add on to normal rejuv. It's the full game, you extract the rar like you would normal rejuv.

Thank you for the follower pokemon! It is amazing and I love to have my pokemon adventuring with me.

I am curious with one thing, how does the item "pickup" being determined? Interested to understand more if there is any variation on pickup based on level or etc; or steps required.

Separately, it would be good to point out to others that the follower's shiny sprite uses the original version shiny sprite which can be different from rejuvenation's custom shiny coloration. Not a bug, but had me confused, thinking there was an error.

4 hours ago, Phandaria said:

Thank you for the follower pokemon! It is amazing and I love to have my pokemon adventuring with me.

I am curious with one thing, how does the item "pickup" being determined? Interested to understand more if there is any variation on pickup based on level or etc; or steps required.

Separately, it would be good to point out to others that the follower's shiny sprite uses the original version shiny sprite which can be different from rejuvenation's custom shiny coloration. Not a bug, but had me confused, thinking there was an error.

The items picked up are at random, however there is a set list of items. I made them primarily convenience items like Max Repels and Escape Ropes with some stuff like Super Potions and Ultra Balls just to make the items picked up helpful, but not too strong.

Edited by Personthing