[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The Barracks (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

The Asterlux barracks are decorated sparsely with the house's banner (a silver bow nocked with an arrow of light on a field of green) and designed to accomodate as many soldiers in as small of an area as realistically possible, giving each a small chest to keep his personal effects and gear in. The attached mess hall is similar, being quite basic and intended to get men in and out as quickly as possible.

Characters may move freely between this and other non-Castle social threads.

Bridgett having grown annoyed at all the sounds in the courtyard decided to move to a more quote place. After a bit she found the barracks and funds a spot to sit and continues to read one of her books tell she is bothered.

Solomon started to explore the grounds of the fortress for a bit after the conversation with Navin had run its course.

He eventually made his way inside of the barracks to try and find someone to talk to to find out more about this Lord.....Bellenus fellow, or you know, a place that has someone interesting enough to talk to.

He was getting a bit tired of walking around to find a Soldier not looking forward to a hot meal or trying their best to look stoic when he found a woman whose name he hadn't had the time to remember reading a book that he couldn't quite recognize. "What are you reading anyway?".

Hikari 

Hikari wandered into the barracks - particularly the mess hall, because she hadn't had any time to eat since... how long? It'd been a while. She was in her normal form, not her normal combat one - she didn't want to tire Ivory more than she already was. She took a seat at wherever was open after retrieving food.

Nessie

Nessie also managed to land herself in the mess hall, although she was uninterested in eating. Really she just wanted some rest. She remembered unleashing Excalibur, but everything after that was a blur. Unsurprising, considering how much it drained her and all the emotional baggage that came with it. She didn't say anything to Hikari initially because she was tired, but once Hikari sat down she spoke up. "Hello." she said halfheartedly. It wasn't exactly the best speaking up.

Solomon couldn't really see the book that Bridgett had tried to hide as he was too busy with cleaning his eye glasses, but he did manage to put in the effort to multitask for once in his life and say "Oh please, it can't be that bad"...

Nessie

Considering the sheer number of people about, it came as no surprise to Nessie that she wasn't recognized. She was pretty good at going unnoticed after all. "I don't recognize you either." She said in a happy tone, "I'm Artitha, most people call me Nessie." Having already come to the conclusion that she was a long ways away from her home, she felt rather comfortable discussing herself. It was nice to be a little more open for once.

"No its not bad....you just don't need to know. I haven't finished it yet." Bridgett said quickly as she  moved  the book further away from view while her blush got deeper.

Solomon put his eye glasses back where they were most useful before putting on his usual grin and saying in his usual teasing tone "Oh please, it can't be that bad, I mean what? Are you reading the Das Kapital and worried about how we are all hardcore capitalists or something?".

Bridgetts face switch to a very confused look though still red. " Das Kapital? Never heard of it sounds like a device from Ancient Belka though, but like i said its not bad i just rather not nave people looking at it."

Edited by rustytengo

Solomon had an exaggerated expression of complete and utter surprise on his face as he said "What? You have never heard o-oh right multiverse. It is a book about a man with an awesome beard's political views, it is a good read".

A young girl wearing a somewhat tattered and bloodstained sundress makes her way into the barracks.  Those present would notice that she's clutching a rather large syringe-like tool and seems to be mumbling something about "angels".

As she comes closer to Solomon and Bridgett they can more clearly make out what she's been repeating this whole time "I can hear all those angels singing in their pretty choir, why can't I find you?  Where are you hiding?" She says in a multi-tone voice while looking around the room.

As she passes Solomon and Bridgett she looks over and seems to recognize them at least to some degree because she walks over and asks "Have you seen any angels?  I can hear their singing but they're hiding and I can't find them." Her unblinking eyes are glazed over with a reflective silver/white color as she stares at the two.

Edited by StormLord

Bridgett blushed more as she thought on Solomon's question. She was about to answer but she was stopped by the sound of a young girl's voice. She looked towards the source of the voice and saw the girl with the syringe.

Bridgett shrunk back as the girl approached them. After the girl asked them her question she looked up towards Solomon see if he had any answer for the girls question. She waited for a bit before turning back to the girl. Swallowing dwelling she spoke up.

"Umm....I haven't seen any angels....but what do they look like?I might be able to help find them if I knew." She said doing her best to keep her voice steady. 

Solomon rather bluntly stared at the horror movie actor for a while, and he listened to her odd voice with a look of boredom on his face for a while.

His answer was him simply pointing vaguely at the courtyard and saying "There was an angel there by the name of Lexiel, a bit too genocidal for my tastes but she does fit the bill...don't know where she is right now though".

He turned to face Bridgett again after noticing how she blushes every damn time he asks about her book or what she likes to read before saying "It's not sn-...it doesn't involve anything illegal right? The things you like to read".

"I can see the angels dancing, and their tummies glow bright!" She says to Bridgett excitedly.  Something about the way she looks at you gives you an unsettling feeling, like something else unnatural and monstrous is watching through those eyes.

She turned to Solomon and said "She isn't an angel yet silly, her lights aren't out and all the angels have to have their lights out before I can visit them."

"And when I find'em I stick'em with this!" She says while showing the syringe proudly, it's a bit rusty in a few places and seems to have dried blood on it. "and pull all the glowy out of their tummy so they can sleep."

On 7/5/2017 at 8:29 PM, KosherKitten said:

Nessie

Considering the sheer number of people about, it came as no surprise to Nessie that she wasn't recognized. She was pretty good at going unnoticed after all. "I don't recognize you either." She said in a happy tone, "I'm Artitha, most people call me Nessie." Having already come to the conclusion that she was a long ways away from her home, she felt rather comfortable discussing herself. It was nice to be a little more open for once.

"Nice to meet you - my name is Hikari. When did you show up? I've noticed there are a lot of new people around..."

9 hours ago, StormLord said:

"I can see the angels dancing, and their tummies glow bright!" She says to Bridgett excitedly.  Something about the way she looks at you gives you an unsettling feeling, like something else unnatural and monstrous is watching through those eyes.

She turned to Solomon and said "She isn't an angel yet silly, her lights aren't out and all the angels have to have their lights out before I can visit them."

"And when I find'em I stick'em with this!" She says while showing the syringe proudly, it's a bit rusty in a few places and seems to have dried blood on it. "and pull all the glowy out of their tummy so they can sleep."

Solomon couldn't wait for Bridgett's answer to respond to the little girl thing, mostly because it made absolutely no sense whatsoever. "Uhhh....do you mean 'lights are out' as in 'asleep' or 'just plain dead'? Because uh....why are you here alone? Like no seriously, where are your parents?".

• Upvote 1

Nessie

"I don't really have a frame of reference for when I got here." Nessie said, "But I think based on what little interaction I've had with the others around that I'm a more recent arrival."

Bridgett was trying to collect herself after the girl spoke and the question Solomon asked her. "Umm...." Bridgett tried to say something but couldn't get anything out.

"I believe that she was with a man. They where together with My Lady when she went to help the Overwatch in Rio." Mornings Arrow chimed in from a pendant around Bridgett's neck as it sensed Bridgett's discomfort. " Also do not accuse My Lady in doing anything illegal." it added towards Solomon in its monotone voice.

Edited by rustytengo

The girl started to answer Solomon's questions when Mornings arrow spoke and distracted her, she jumped and looked around for the source "Well my da-- Oh, what was that?  Did your necklace just talk lady?"  She turned and began approaching Bridgett, caring for personal space almost as little as she did for Bridgett's continued discomfort.

Once she got close enough to get a good look at it she stopped, almost mesmerized just looking at it "Wow, how does it do that?"