So... how's everything going? (development and stuff)

iskelion

8 minutes ago, iskelion said:

I've seen the development forum has been pretty dead not so active lately, is the game development still going on ?

Besides, how are you all doing? feeling good ?

I've come to the realization that ame has a i want to say habit of not updating the development thread for awhile so please i ask that you be patient with the rest of us and DON'T ask when the next ep is coming out or we all will suffer 

56 minutes ago, iskelion said:

Is the game development still going on ?

Let me put it this in a way you can understand. I've been in the Reborn Community for 4 years and Ame has been working on the game for I think 5 years now. Might be 6. Do you honestly think she's going to quit after all that time when there's only one more year of development left? Maybe a bit longer but still, you get the idea. There's a dev blog which she updates every centurary if you ever want to keep track.

13 minutes ago, Commander said:

Let me put it this in a way you can understand. I've been in the Reborn Community for 4 years and Ame has been working on the game for I think 5 years now. Might be 6. Do you honestly think she's going to quit after all that time when there's only one more year of development left? Maybe a bit longer but still, you get the idea. There's a dev blog which she updates every centurary if you ever want to keep track.

There's a thing I've been wondering ever since I started lurking the dev blog... reborn has been in development for 5~ years, and a total of 16 episodes have been released, that averages out at 3~ episodes per year. I only started following since E15 and E16 took like around 9 months? That is like double the average time for the past episodes, E17 seems like its going to be around that length as well.
Does the newer episodes take a longer time because of the release of a new gen? Or did I mess up the math somewhere...

Just now, TwinAero said:

There's a thing I've been wondering ever since I started lurking the dev blog... reborn has been in development for 5~ years, and a total of 16 episodes have been released, that averages out at 3~ episodes per year. I only started following since E15 and E16 took like around 9 months? That is like double the average time for the past episodes, E17 seems like its going to be around that length as well.
Does the newer episodes take a longer time because of the release of a new gen? Or did I mess up the math somewhere...

That's a little backwards. Episodes 1-12 took I'd say two years. 13 and 14 took a year. 15 took a year. And 16 took a year and a half. Episode 11 is where a lot of revisions and fixes happened as well as the addition of Gen VI. Future episodes added a lot of content, but E16 is the one I refer to as the one that tried to kill us all. I guess @Amethyst would know better than I would since well...I hear rumors she's in charge of the project.

• Administrators

Sorry, those rumors are bogus. I've never heard of Pokemon Reborn in my life. 

e17 won't take nearly as long as 16. i knew from day 1 that E16 would take for bloody ever cuz of city rebuild. it is an outlier and should not be counted. 

if either E17 or 18 take that long please lynch me.

19... could be painful due to post game '-'

Ame is actually being very active in keeping us up to date. I like that!

Now I am particularly curious how Marcello is meme-ing up the AI. That bit just sounds complex and exciting to me.

Wow. That's nice. So, by 2020 or 21, reborn will be completed. I thought I'd be playing it for ever. Nope, but still there is rejuvenation and desolation, by the time I finish those, I would be like 40 or 45 years old and my kid would have started playing reborn or even finished it. What an overturn of events this is!!!

Simply put, two quotes regard to this matter.

1. "Great things come to those who wait", this is for us, fans of Reborn.

2. "Slow and steady wins the race", this is for the development team, they can't rush their work because they already have so much on their plate as it is. I'd rather see them take their time and be proud of their work.

Thanks Ame for your effort in updating the development blog when you can, continue to amaze us with your work and dedication.

• True that 
  • True that too. I could wait for ever for their masterpiece to reveal itself.

But, when that scene comes, man, would I be so happy seeing that. My mother on the other side would be like, COME ON, YOU ARE A MIDDLE-AGED MAN AND STILL PLAYING POKEMON.....and I'll be like "I'll play pokemon till the very end, till I catch 'em all" or "played them all".

20 hours ago, Sapphire Mahala said:

I've come to the realization that ame has a i want to say habit of not updating the development thread for awhile so please i ask that you be patient with the rest of us and DON'T ask when the next ep is coming out or we all will suffer 

Lol, yeah i know of that policy, thats why i didn't ask "when it's coming" but if development was still going on.

19 hours ago, Commander said:

Sadly, it wouldn't be the first time a thing like that happens.

Happy that this isn't one of those cases.