What Roar (me) thinks your Duel Spirit would be

Wolfox

before you judge me for this (and before @Tartar strikes me for a copyright) lemme explain what I wanna do here

As the people reading this will most likely know, there are A LOT of yu gi oh cards. most likely more than one man can even count. I thought it might be fun to say what monster would best serve as your Duel Spirit.

Quick disclaimer: I don't know all cards there are, and I will most likely go with a card that fits you in one way or another. Please do leave some info about yourself so I can at least be a little accurate. Doesn;t have to be much, maybe just your favorite Yu Gi Oh character if you only know the anime, or your favorite archetype if you play yourself.

oh baby yes.

theres honestly not much to know about me that I havent put out here on the community multiple times, so ill just go with my archetypes. I havent played much yugioh overall, tho. in fact, most of what ive played so far comes from duel links. HOWEVER, I do have a favorite archetype there, which are blue-eyes white dragon decks. next to that, I absolutely love the concept and especially the design of toon monsters. not to mention that the toon world anime theme is my favorite of all and pegasus is my favorite yugioh character ever.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Wiseau said:

oh baby yes.

theres honestly not much to know about me that I havent put out here on the community multiple times, so ill just go with my archetypes. I havent played much yugioh overall, tho. in fact, most of what ive played so far comes from duel links. HOWEVER, I do have a favorite archetype there, which are blue-eyes white dragon decks. next to that, I absolutely love the concept and especially the design of toon monsters. not to mention that the toon world anime theme is my favorite of all and pegasus is my favorite yugioh character ever.

This tells me enough, you like toon monster and Blue eyes monsters. Anime wise this gives you a contrast since Seto Kaiba hated toon monsters. an obvious one would be Ton Blue eyes with this, yet I believe I know a better one. Your duel Spirit will be...

GUr01bn.png

Kaibaman!

Let's try this.

Well lets, what to say, what to say,... . I know, I have three things to say to you:

1. Since this a yugioh related I will at least tell you my three favorite decks: Pendulum magicians (the new ones), lyrical luscinia and synchro trickstars.

2. Since this a pokemon community I will tell you my favorite pokemon: Lopunny.

3. Since this is a gaming community I will tell you my most common gaming habbit: Themed runs.

Have fun.

2 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Let's try this.

Well lets, what to say, what to say,... . I know, I have three things to say to you:

1. Since this a yugioh related I will at least tell you my three favorite decks: Pendulum magicians (the new ones), lyrical luscinia and synchro trickstars.

2. Since this a pokemon community I will tell you my favorite pokemon: Lopunny.

3. Since this is a gaming community I will tell you my most common gaming habbit: Themed runs.

Have fun.

I will be honest, I don't know much about those decks you listed xD. but after looking into some I think I found one that might fit. as you Like Lyrical Luscinia (which I assume are wind monsters), trickstar synchro and pendie magician, youre duel spirit would be....

f03.jpg

Whitewing magician!

Man, count me in for this! :) 

1) So my top two favorite yugioh animes so far are Yugioh GX and Yugioh 5ds

2) I play a lot of aggro decks, although now, my playstyle is aggro and control. My favorite decks are: Dark Worlds, Six Samurai, Heroes (elemental, evil, and masked heroes), my absolute favorite from GX generation is Gladiator Beast.

3) I like to do all sorts of things. It's in my profile I believe, so go ahead and check that out.

Ok, I hope that good enough info to at least get an idea. If you're not sure, let me know.

2 minutes ago, Cool Girl said:

Man, count me in for this! :) 

1) So my top two favorite yugioh animes so far are Yugioh GX and Yugioh 5ds

2) I play a lot of aggro decks, although now, my playstyle is aggro and control. My favorite decks are: Dark Worlds, Six Samurai, Heroes (elemental, evil, and masked heroes), my absolute favorite from GX generation is Gladiator Beast.

3) I like to do all sorts of things. It's in my profile I believe, so go ahead and check that out.

Ok, I hope that good enough info to at least get an idea. If you're not sure, let me know.

As someone who likes GX and heroes, I think you can appreciate this duel spirit. It's kinda generic, yes, but it is still quite useful. Your duel Spirit is...

0OTi1TM.png

Wroughtweiler! Truly mans best friend!

I'll also post my own here right now, cuz whynaut?

My duel spirit would be

peten_the_dark_clown_by_alanmac95-d6nu1a

The reason this would be it is kinda funny. 2 years back when I just started, I used a Magician focused scrap deck, Peten was one card that 2 of my friends supplied me with since it would go quite well in my deck. This turned out to be true since whenever I used it I would be able to get a tribute summon or Magical Dimension off. So they started Joking that Peten was my Duel Spirit, always there ready to help me. been one of my favorite cards ever since and thus, my Duel Spirit

16 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I will be honest, I don't know much about those decks you listed xD. but after looking into some I think I found one that might fit. as you Like Lyrical Luscinia (which I assume are wind monsters), trickstar synchro and pendie magician, youre duel spirit would be....

f03.jpg

Whitewing magician!

This would be spot on to be honest. I do have a personal preference for this card in fact. While most would run only one I always run three of these. It's kinda underrated. Good job.

HOWEVER how could you forget RURI's ARCHETYPE: lyrical luscinia?

1 minute ago, FairFamily said:

This would be spot on to be honest. I do have a personal preference for this card in fact. While most would run only one I always run three of these. It's kinda underrated. Good job.

HOWEVER how could you forget RURI's ARCHETYPE: lyrical luscinia?

I didn;t forget it, I just never looked into it xD and since it showed up like 2 or 3 times... yeah....

Alright, hit me up! My knowledge of Yugioh is close to non-existent, but I watched the anime when it was being broadcast nearly, if not more than ten years ago.

I love music and my favourite pokemon is Alakazam. I guess you could say I'm a curious person

1 minute ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Alright, hit me up! My knowledge of Yugioh is close to non-existent, but I watched the anime when it was being broadcast nearly, if not more than ten years ago.

I love music and my favourite pokemon is Alakazam. I guess you could say I'm a curious person

Alakazam being your favorite monster makes me think of 2 types of monsters: Psychic and Spellcaster, you being a curious person supports this further. Like for Music makes me think of the small Symphonic Warrior archetype of machine types. As I find that a rather curious Archetype myself, I'll dub your Duel Spirit....

DDEhbLc.png

the Pendulum Monster: Symphonic Warrior Guitaar (also because his name is close to the Dutch name of his instrument)

• Global Mods

It's been a while since I've Yu-Gi-Oh'd. I watched the main anime up to the end of the arc with the Egyptian God Cards, and saw a few episodes here and there afterwards (I remember Kaiba dueling someone named Siegfried, and the beginning of the Waking the Dragons arc). I also saw GX up to I think the second season? 

I don't remember many cards other than the iconic ones like Blue Eyes White Dragon, Dark Magician, etc. My favorite card is Kuriboh from what I remember.

If more info about me is needed, there's the about me in my profile. 

er

I like memes. A LOT. Only high quality memes tho. Then, I didn't play that much yugioh but I know how to, and my favourite deck would be a gimmick one featuring Exodia. Also, I tend to like story-heavy games and/or games based on being fun.

Well, I'll definitely give this a go, since I used to love Yugioh and still have most of my (very outdated) cards.  I watched both the first anime and GX, read the slightly different original manga, and still own a few games (Dark Duel Stories, Eternal Duelist Soul, Forbbiden Memories, Duelist of Roses, and World Tournament 2006).

I never was very good IRL and never had the money to buy enough of a pack to make a workable deck.  In WT 2006 (the closest to real playing), I usually went for what counted as a quick beatdown deck back then (mostly 1900 attack monsters).    My favorite character from the anime was somehow Rapheal from the Dragons filler arc......I always liked the Guardian cards, though now I know the only ones worth playing was Eotos (and somewhat Grawrl in WT 2006).     Though not an archetype I always liked the cards that connected/was related though connected card-art/story (Impatchi line, Gigobyte's evolving story, the small light and dark faries...., etc).  Overall, my favorite card ended up being Chaos Sorcerer for some reason (probably the whole light and dark theme).  

Well, that was a bunch of Yugioh rambling to sort through.  You know my favorite mon is Gardevoir, and I made my title 'Mecha lover' for a reason.  Is there any other info I need to add?

Edited by seki108

Ahh... I remember when my deck got stolen. That was when I gave up on Ancient Egyptian Trading Cards, and it wasn't until I found the abridged series did I regain anything that my be a semblance of interest. 

I wonder which monster I will get... Naturally my true spirit beast is Pirika Of Gusto, but I wonder which one you will grant me?

Oh and if I'm not satisfied with your choice I may just flag you for copyright! (Let's disregard the fact that ISCW created this trend with her "What I think you sound like thread")

9 hours ago, Hycrox said:

er

I like memes. A LOT. Only high quality memes tho. Then, I didn't play that much yugioh but I know how to, and my favourite deck would be a gimmick one featuring Exodia. Also, I tend to like story-heavy games and/or games based on being fun.

Memes? that makes it simple:

performapal_trump_witch_fanart_by_talali

Performapal Trump Witch! I hope I needn't explane why

8 hours ago, seki108 said:

Well, I'll definitely give this a go, since I used to love Yugioh and still have most of my (very outdated) cards.  I watched both the first anime and GX, read the slightly different original manga, and still own a few games (Dark Duel Stories, Eternal Duelist Soul, Forbbiden Memories, Duelist of Roses, and World Tournament 2006).

I never was very good IRL and never had the money to buy enough of a pack to make a workable deck.  In WT 2006 (the closest to real playing), I usually went for what counted as a quick beatdown deck back then (mostly 1900 attack monsters).    My favorite character from the anime was somehow Rapheal from the Dragons filler arc......I always liked the Guardian cards, though now I know the only ones worth playing was Eotos (and somewhat Grawrl in WT 2006).     Though not an archetype I always liked the cards that connected/was related though connected card-art/story (Impatchi line, Gigobyte's evolving story, the small light and dark faries...., etc).  Overall, my favorite card ended up being Chaos Sorcerer for some reason (probably the whole light and dark theme).  

Well, that was a bunch of Yugioh rambling to sort through.  You know my favorite mon is Gardevoir, and I made my title 'Mecha lover' for a reason.  Is there any other info I need to add?

Your title as Mecha Lover will be the main foundation for this one.

power-tool-mecha-dragon.jpg

Powertool mecha dragon!

10 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It's been a while since I've Yu-Gi-Oh'd. I watched the main anime up to the end of the arc with the Egyptian God Cards, and saw a few episodes here and there afterwards (I remember Kaiba dueling someone named Siegfried, and the beginning of the Waking the Dragons arc). I also saw GX up to I think the second season? 

I don't remember many cards other than the iconic ones like Blue Eyes White Dragon, Dark Magician, etc. My favorite card is Kuriboh from what I remember.

If more info about me is needed, there's the about me in my profile. 

As someone who I believe really likes puns, I think you can apriciate this one, also since you love Kuriboh so much

kuribohrn_by_lkgiancarlo-daf0bo4.jpg

Kuribohrn!

5 hours ago, Combat said:

Ahh... I remember when my deck got stolen. That was when I gave up on Ancient Egyptian Trading Cards, and it wasn't until I found the abridged series did I regain anything that my be a semblance of interest. 

ygotas_anime_milwaukee_2012_promo_kuribo

Your Duel Spirit is Kuriboh, specifically the "Annoying" Kuriboh (do the la la la)

1 hour ago, Tartar said:

I wonder which monster I will get... Naturally my true spirit beast is Pirika Of Gusto, but I wonder which one you will grant me?

Oh and if I'm not satisfied with your choice I may just flag you for copyright! (Let's disregard the fact that ISCW created this trend with her "What I think you sound like thread")

Not much info to go off of, but I'll try something! as you meantioned a Gusto, I believe you like that archetype, which leads me to believe you like Wind Monsters. And since Gusto came out during the 5D's era... I'll grant you

0Y0A7rr.jpg

Mist Valley Soldier!

Okay. This seems fun. 

Back in my kid days I used to be a huge Duel Monsters nerd addict. Hidding my deck on my backpack in order to play with the kids at school, or downright skip class to play with my friends. I used to play a spellcaster-themed field control/lockdown deck, that relied on Secret Village of the Spellcasters and Sorcerer of Black Magic coupled with quite a few magic and trap cards to give'em hell, support monsters like Breaker the Magical Swordsman, Dark Magician was also present for show at first, but I found it to be a pretty easy to summon beat stick with good gimmicks like Dark Magic attack. Dark Magician of Chaos was my favourite card both for being useful and being a gift from my best friend at the time. Even though I aged, I still enjoy playing the Tag Force series once in a while. In the games I almost always run a dragon themed deck with some degree of field control to keep annoying traps in check. Swarming the field with powerful dragons via Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon makes me feel good. 

As for my favourite pokémon, that's hard to say with certainty because there are more than one, but let's go with Scizor, the Awesome Crabmantis of Doom. My favourite types are Steel, Fire and Dragon. 

16 minutes ago, Gh0stStark said:

Okay. This seems fun. 

Back in my kid days I used to be a huge Duel Monsters nerd addict. Hidding my deck on my backpack in order to play with the kids at school, or downright skip class to play with my friends. I used to play a spellcaster-themed field control/lockdown deck, that relied on Secret Village of the Spellcasters and Sorcerer of Black Magic coupled with quite a few magic and trap cards to give'em hell, support monsters like Breaker the Magical Swordsman, Dark Magician was also present for show at first, but I found it to be a pretty easy to summon beat stick with good gimmicks like Dark Magic attack. Dark Magician of Chaos was my favourite card both for being useful and being a gift from my best friend at the time. Even though I aged, I still enjoy playing the Tag Force series once in a while. In the games I almost always run a dragon themed deck with some degree of field control to keep annoying traps in check. Swarming the field with powerful dragons via Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon makes me feel good. 

As for my favourite pokémon, that's hard to say with certainty because there are more than one, but let's go with Scizor, the Awesome Crabmantis of Doom. My favourite types are Steel, Fire and Dragon. 

Spellcasters are some of my favorites, but I think I know one you might also like quite a bit. One that will help awaken the Brooklyn Rage...

n2ftqa.png

Red-Eyes Wyvern!

2 hours ago, Ironbound said:

I know nothing about Yu-Gi-Oh. Tell me what you will.

2 minutes ago, Alphagar said:

All I know about Yu-Gi-Oh is what I have seen on the few abridged episodes I have watched.

I'm afraid I'll need some more information, as I don't know you all that well

Hmmm...I am a gamer and loove RPG's, FPS, and MMORPG's. 

Snorlax and Gengar are probably my two favorite pokemon though I do have a favorite of each type.

I love to read and write. 

I am also a sappy dork who loves her gf despite her being a bigger nerd than me.

Edited by Alphagar

1 minute ago, Alphagar said:

Hmmm...I am a gamer and loove RPG's, FPS, and MMORPG's. 

Snorlax and Gengar are probably my two favorite pokemon though I do have a favorite of each type.

I love to read and write. 

I am also a sappy dork who loves her gf despite her being a bigger nerd than me.

first of all, a true nerd sees the term nerd as a compliment, might not wanna tell her tho xD

this is also enough information to deduct your duel spirit. one that like you will aid her kin in need:

ca01c477af53e2447285b95db1dcb98e--yu-gi-

Harpie Lady 1