Hey, I kinda redid the Shadow Mewtwo battle sprites

Korlif

Like the title says, I redid the battle sprites for shadow Mewtwo. I tried going for the Pokken-style Shadow Mewtwo.

I used parts from M-Mewtwo X, Greninja, Boldore, and Deoxys-Speed to make this.

I just really like the crystals and the glowing tail on Pokken Mewtwo, plus I think legendary Pokemon deserve their own

unique shadow sprites, like Lugia.

Also, I know the legs are horrible, but this is my current best.

If anyone else here can fix them please do so and post them; I'll definitely use them

150b_shadow.png

Shadow Mew2.png

Edited by Korlif
Delete file not meant to share

From an audience's point of view, I have to say that there are points which could use some improvement like the legs, the shading, and the overall combination of colors, but I do think it's a good start. I'm not a spriter, so I can't give specific stuff on how it could be improved though. Anyways, it'd be interesting to see future works. Best of wishes!

12 hours ago, Korlif said:
Spoiler

Like the title says, I redid the battle sprites for shadow Mewtwo. I tried going for the Pokken-style Shadow Mewtwo.

I used parts from M-Mewtwo X, Greninja, Boldore, and Deoxys-Speed to make this.

I just really like the crystals and the glowing tail on Pokken Mewtwo, plus I think legendary Pokemon deserve their own

unique shadow sprites, like Lugia.

Also, I know the legs are horrible, but this is my current best.

If anyone else here can fix them please do so and post them; I'll definitely use them

150b_shadow.png

Shadow Mew2.png

Not bad, but some things are just weird, like its legs and its head. I think you should stay with just recoloring mewtwo but with this color scheme. If you could make the tail and shoulder? green instead it would be perfect (since madelis said the green aura was "its true power"). 

I wanna see more of your work in the future :D 

This looked interesting so I gave it a shot. I have completely cleaned up the front and am partially done with the back. I'm also cleaning up the outline as I'm going since it just looks a lot better.

You made a good effort with the legs, they are just difficult to draw. I think your biggest issue is that you made the thighs a little wide.

Front:
sMew2_test.png.8e29784ef3197b3092d5332614fddbd7.png

Redid the left side leg completely, and simply made the upper thigh of the right side one more narrow. Remade the crystal by the face and widened the torso a bit so it looks less like mewtwo is wearing a corset. I had no idea how to make the glowing tail look better so I pretty much left it as it was. I've also removed some of your 'speckled' shading since I don't think it is necessary since mewtwo has a smooth texture. I left out the two nubs near mewtwo's ankles since I couldn't seem to make that look good; if you want them then I'll try adding them back. Eye color is a little weird right now. The original yellow will stand out only if the scelera is dark, so I've got blue and yellow at the moment. Any color suggestions there?

Back:
sMew2_b_test.png.d693beb71d678a24d0c8a546ce1f9888.png

Moved the rightmost leg so that it looks more like it's under the body. I might need to fix the left side a little more so the thigh stands out a bit more. I still have yet to clean the outline for the back. In the back, the nubs actually accentuate the ankles so they help.

Edited by Peanuts

I made one like a year ago, seeing this post actually made me do a few touch ups to it xD

Also, the face needs some slight edits, there should be 2 eyes visible with that head pose, one that is complete and the other only around 1/3 or 1/2 of it visible.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the late response, but I've been away from the internet for a while (If this is considered necro-posing then I am extremely sorry, but this was the earliest point that I could respond). Thanks everyone who gave me pointers and to Peanuts who fixed a lot of my mistakes. Thanks, man. 

I'll go back to the board and try working on the points everyone mentioned myself, if only to improve for myself. Hearing back from you all was really motivating. Thanks again