Super Duper Tournament (is that a good title?)

Anime

byuBXBg.png

USc1Fcc.png

zxuiZDO.png

MAIN SHOP

We offer a variety of "Quality Monsters" that will surely help aid you on your quest of being the REBORN CHAMP. For that we are also holding tournaments to battle for "Monster Rewards". If you still don't have a team or lacking one crucial member then you can go to our "Main Shop", just go to the link above. 

Refty365: "Hey guys! So we've mentioned doing a tournament for quite sometime, and now here we are! While we're looking forward to doing this, there are a few things we need to get out of the way first."

m1ftI5Z.png

1.) "Tournament" might not be the most accurate word for what we're doing

What we're going to be doing is more along the lines of "challenge a guild member of your choice in order to get points which can be exchanged for custom bred Pokemon and items".

The exchange rates are as follows:

Spoiler

1 Point:

- 5 IV released 1:1 (1:1 stands for Male/Female ratio)

- 4 IV released shiny 1:1

- 4 IV HP (Hidden Power) 1:1

- 5 IV male released with ratio different than 1:1

- Random pokémon (who knows what you may get with this?)

- An departament store item

2 Points:

- 5 IV unreleased 1:1

- 4 IV unreleased shiny 1:1

- 5 IV HP 1:1

- 5 IV male unreleased with ratio different than 1:1

3 Points:

- 6 IV released 1:1

- 5 IV released shiny 1:1

- 4 IV shiny HP 1:1

- 4 IV male HP with ratio different than 1:1

- 5 IV female released with ratio different than 1:1

- 5 IV Genderless

- Consumable rare item

4 Points:

- 6 IV released shiny 1:1

- 5 IV shiny HP 1:1

- 5 IV female HP with ratio different than 1:1

- 6 IV Genderless

- Competitive item

5 Points:

- 6 IV unreleased shiny (gender ratio won't matter)

- 5/6 IV shiny genderless

Basically, it'll be more like Battle Tree, but you choose who you fight and when. And you get one point per victory. And we'll be using fields (well, most of will be). And we'll have full teams. And some/most of us will have multiple different teams. And we're going to try really hard to be too difficult. No megas or legendaries though. Everything is fair game though >:)

In order to challenge one of us, just send us a private message and we'll work out a time battle through Reborn online play.

2.) There a few battle limitations

Specifically, you can only beat a vendor's team once a week, a total of three times (for now at least). Since some vendors have multiple teams, you will be able to challenge other teams of that vendor with separate limitations applied (you can beat each vendor's team once a week, three times total). Other than that, use any non-mega/legendary pokemon with any items.

FYI, if there are technical issues (like being disconnected) then it counts as a loss on your part--we are going to be fair, and not disconnect on purpose (plus you can lose any amount of times with no limitations), but this is to ensure that nobody uses "Oh sorry I disconnected whoopsie but it was pretty down to the wire so I guess I win" as an excuse to get free points.

Also, FYI, this is going to be an indefinite feature of the Malkcosh Guild, so... yeah. We're hoping it'll be fun for you and for us.

3.) We are going to do our best to be really difficult

We've been prepping (and procrastinating) for a long time, and we are not going to have mercy on you. If you don't prepare well enough, then you won't win. Demz da rulez.

4.) If you decide to exchange your points for mons please use this:

Spoiler

Requested Pokemon :

Item: 

Ability :

Nature :

IV Spread :

With or without Pokerus :

Shininess(Normal or Shiny) :

With or without Egg Moves:

Online ID :

To check your points please go to the Guild Tournament Tab in here

Please check this before attempting to challenge anyone :>

http://www.smogon.com/xy/articles/clauses

7G0Hj7D.png

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

So guys if you want to battle just hover over our names in 7G0Hj7D.pngto check if we are online

or you could always ask when we will be free through PM. If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread.

Good Luck to Everyone!!!!!

Edited by Greninja

In addition to what Greninja said, we will launch deeper insights on one field effect/strategy chosen by us (yes, some of us have more than 1 starting field option) weekly, pretty much like Redemption Weekly did.

Other than that, good luck and have fun all of you!

If you decide to exchange your points for mons please use this:

Spoiler

Requested Pokemon :

Item: 

Ability :

Nature :

IV Spread :

With or without Pokerus :

Shininess(Normal or Shiny) :

With or without Egg Moves:

Online ID :

To check your points please go to the Guild Tournament Tab in here.

1 hour ago, Cataline said:

!!!! This is so cool. Although none of my teams are "competitively viable" and I haven't had an actual competitive battle in ever.. but it's a little tempting...

If you have a strategy you can make it work

13 minutes ago, Paul25 said:

Keep in mind that they are like gym leaders (Almost dependent on field effects) :) 

And I'm sure we're all used to being squashed by Reborn's actual gym leaders. Add that we probably don't know what field they're fighting on and with an actual Player. It's pretty daunting-- but well I'll think about it! I do miss the competitive life. Though first I need help transferring some 'mons and to read up on field effects.

7 minutes ago, Cataline said:

And I'm sure we're all used to being squashed by Reborn's actual gym leaders. Add that we probably don't know what field they're fighting on and with an actual Player. It's pretty daunting-- but well I'll think about it! I do miss the competitive life. Though first I need help transferring some 'mons and to read up on field effects.

Mhhmm you should :) 

Besides that always aim to destroy their fields.

2 hours ago, Cataline said:

I'm telling all my challengers what's the starting field I'm using (they're 2 right now and I'll build another one on this weekend) so the challengers won't be caught off guard. And that's exactly why I decided to write weekly reviews about our battle tactics.

One of my fields will be on this week's report, so stay tuned!

36 minutes ago, HUEnd said:

I'm telling all my challengers what's the starting field I'm using (they're 2 right now and I'll build another one on this weekend) so the challengers won't be caught off guard. And that's exactly why I decided to write weekly reviews about our battle tactics.

One of my fields will be on this week's report, so stay tuned!

I was actually wondering if that was the case but wasn't sure. Thanks. I'll probably tune in regardless of my stance on participating. Thanks!

HUEnd's report 1

So I decided to start my weekly report with a field effect that I chose: the Grassy Terrain!

It's a pretty simple field at first glance, don't you think? It heals you, gives you some boosts for grass and fire type attacks, so...why did you, HUEnd, chose this when you could pick some other specific fields like Dragon's Den or Fairy Tale Field? Well, that's not about the Grassy terrain, but what it may become... =3

As you may be aware, you can set the field on fire or corrupt it, bringing the battle to a complete different scenario, and that means I can play a complete different strategy on every match.

So far, I think I've been the battler with the less amount of challengers (only 4, and 3 of them broke OU's Smogon Clauses, but we'll talk about this later) and...well, I don't know why is that lol, I wanna have some fun too =(

Regarding the rules: Due certain episodes, I (yes, I decided this alone, we still have to discuss that, but everyone is offline right now but it'll probably be approved) decided to cast OU's Smogon-Wide Clauses on our battles to prevent abuses, such as multiple Greninjas, Metagrosses and Snorlaxes on a single team and Double Team/Minimize spam. You can find the clauses right here. This is a measure to make battles a bit more balanced for both sides, because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't enjoy if one of the battlers could freeze your whole team.

#EDIT: I'm still don't know about the situation of the challengers that broke clauses, but I'd say the most polite solution for those are to give them another try if they want.

Edited by HUEnd

Hi guys. I am one of the challengers who "broke" these rules by using the Double Team move. The fact is that I wasn't aware of any rules existing (and I believe that the vast majority of users doesn't know it as well), and, in order to avoid any trouble I asked one of the users if there are any restrictions (some that came into my mind that could possibly not be ok) after also reading the thread's rules which only accounted for the times you can challenge/defeat each user, along with some other minor ones.

After reading about the rules, which HUEnd sent me after the fight, I got some objections on my part. To be more precise, I can really understand why there can be a clause of using the same Pokemon multiple times (especially more than twice), and I could be ok with using this specific one. Though, I find all the other ones (with a minor exception in the Evasion Clause one) ridiculous. For example:

- The Sleep Clause is an exaggeration, since it is just a condition move (and I am not even using many sleeping moves in my strategies so far). And, why having a clause in one status condition, and not in every other too?

- The OHKO Clause is absolutely ridiculous. There are only 4 moves (that I am aware of), which only have a 5pp, and a 30% chance of succeeding. What is the OP about them? Personally, I don't even use them because I think they are overrated. In most cases, they won't even hit after 3 or 4 tries. The opponent will probably have it obliterated by then, and there are only 5 tries in total (or a bit more if raised).

- As for the Moody and Swagger Clauses, they are just regular abilities and moves.

So, why cripple players' strategies? Even the evasion moves, despite being some of the decent/strong ones, are part of a specific strategy. For example, I have challenged 3 of the players so far, a total of 6 (if I recall correctly) times. In the 4 of these 6, I literally got swept. And I got defeated at least once from each one. Why? Because of their great strategies. I got demolished by a Klefki, which, by the way, was using SWAGGER... And I am definitely fine with that, because it was a part of a great strategy that caught me off guard, in addition to the fields which also give an advantage to the "Leaders".

I get that a had a scizor which was decent after using the some specific set of moves, but it also has a counter. In reality, I won against HUEnd in my second try. In the first one, he destroyed that same Scizor in 3 moves during the first battle. These 2 evasion moves also have about 10 counter moves with infinite accuracy, from different types each. Even my Scizor happened to have one of these (Aerial Ace). So, I don't get why they are considered such overpowered that they should not be used at all. There are countless techniques and combinations that are seemingly overpowered as well, so why discriminate against these specific ones? And why should we be considered the immoral ones, since that's what I understood by HUEnd's comment for using a move, just because there is a forum/community somewhere on the internet, which made some rules on their own? Even if there really were restrictions, though that's not the case as it seems since one of the "Leaders" is using them too, why blame us if they weren't written on the thread? I am sorry, but I am not a Pokemon geek in order to know every rule, every forum makes. I am just an old-school fan back from gen 1. And I never even used many no-damaging techniques, and especially stat raising ones, to begin with in my life up until now... lol. I just realized after being swept by you guys, that I must come up with strategies in order to beat you, and it happened that this was one of strategies I came up with. (And, for the record, I had one with 5 Destiny-Bond Gengars that was demolished in the first challenge xD).

Edited by Slave Owner

Hey guys, after internally discussing it, we are not going to impose Smogon restrictions—that means any victories achieved (even if they were made by breaking the clause) will count. Sorry for the confusion; carry on.