The History of Reborn

Nakoles

Hello , i've been a member of the community for almost two years now. Here and there i kept hearing something about a league and i also heard of the long development. So i wanted to ask if someone could summarize the history of reborn's development for me?

Try and find Reborn 15 there is place with bunch of old professors that will talk to you about history of reborn it was removed in Ep 16 so as i said u need to find someone who can give u EP 15

A lot of these people aren't around much anymore. But there's some archival stuff here and there to gain some insight on them. Ame sometimes also answers questions pertaining to the old league.

it makes playing Reborn a surreal and sorta sad experience when you learn that certain things really did happen to these people. 

I actually went through Ame's answers on her blog earlier  to find a few relevant answers...

11 hours ago, Cataline said:

A lot of these people aren't around much anymore. But there's some archival stuff here and there to gain some insight on them. Ame sometimes also answers questions pertaining to the old league.

it makes playing Reborn a surreal and sorta sad experience when you learn that certain things really did happen to these people. 

I actually went through Ame's answers on her blog earlier  to find a few relevant answers...

Could you link that for me, please?

1 hour ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Could you link that for me, please?

1 hour ago, Paul25 said:

@Cataline Could you Link me that too?

(In case it's still available)

If you're asking for a general link to Ame's blog: http://amethystblack.tumblr.com/

Here is the link to her Reborn focused asks (mostly about hypothetical character situations): http://amethystblack.tumblr.com/tagged/reborn-asks

Here is a link she posted once that showed some stuff about the very first online Reborn League: http://imgur.com/0epg4ye

Edited by seki108

1 hour ago, seki108 said:

If you're asking for a general link to Ame's blog: http://amethystblack.tumblr.com/

Here is the link to her Reborn focused asks (mostly about hypothetical character situations): http://amethystblack.tumblr.com/tagged/reborn-asks

Here is a link she posted once that showed some stuff about the very first online Reborn League: http://imgur.com/0epg4ye

This is awesome, thank you very much!

11 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

This is awesome, thank you very much!

As far as I remember, I read that Corey did commit suicide rl, while Kiki succumbed to an illness. Florinia, Julia, Titania, and Amaria were real life friends, and I think Fern was invited over when Florinia quit the league in order to pursue her goals in life. There was also a custody battle between El and Radomus. Sigmund was indeed a practitioner of the electric threapy and was iirc one of the leaders disliked by people because he forced himself in the league.

45 minutes ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

As far as I remember, I read that Corey did commit suicide rl, while Kiki succumbed to an illness. Florinia, Julia, Titania, and Amaria were real life friends, and I think Fern was invited over when Florinia quit the league in order to pursue her goals in life. There was also a custody battle between El and Radomus. Sigmund was indeed a practitioner of the electric threapy and was iirc one of the leaders disliked by people because he forced himself in the league.

Thank you Divs~

Just now, Monsieur Divergent said:

You're welcome. You may want to check out the News and Announcements section since the previous pages there actually have quite a bit of information on stuff that happened in the Reborn Online League.

Will do!

Well looks like seki already linked you guys while I slept in. You have too look through a bit for the asks though.

I think I'll drop a few screencaps though "

IMG_4827.PNG

IMG_4835.PNG

IMG_4839.PNG

Edited by Cataline

4 hours ago, seki108 said:

2 hours ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

31 minutes ago, Cataline said:

Well looks like seki already linked you guys while I slept in. You have too look through a bit for the asks though.

I think I'll drop a few screencaps though "

IMG_4827.PNG

IMG_4835.PNG

IMG_4839.PNG

Thanks a lot for all the essential informations. 

Now We got some idea about the gym leaders. :) 

Just remember everyone. We should all definitely be respectful about this since these are/were real people some of which had some sad stuff happen.

i think it's good to learn a little about it since it give a new perspective but don't forget that some of it really sucked.

2 hours ago, Cataline said:

Just remember everyone. We should all definitely be respectful about this since these are/were real people some of which had some sad stuff happen.

i think it's good to learn a little about it since it give a new perspective but don't forget that some of it really sucked.

The almost canon pokemon world!!! wow, I never knew reborn was derived from a true life story........makes it all the more interesting. Kind of sad for those real life Corey and Kiki. This makes reborn even more special.

I read through all the news and announcement things and I am really intrigued. Though I still have so many questions :(  

Like, I read that Blake really took custody of Heather etc, so that makes me believe most people of the online league actually knew each other. And I still wonder why it got cancelled at some point. 

If only I was around at that point in time, I'm just so curious, can't really help it

16 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm not sure if Blake and Heather knew each other before the league, but he did adopt her after what happened to Corey, yes. 

Ame and Blake tried to persuade Heather to stick around because they didn't think it was healthy for her to shut herself off from everything, but Heather ended up quitting, followed by Blake and then Cal quitting. 

I asked Ame on tumblr recently if she knows what happened to Heather after that, and she said Heather did show up a few years later and seemed to be doing better, and said she'd be interested in being a part of the league again if it's ever brought back. 

Ame also said that Blake isn't nearly as much of a jerk IRL as he is in-game. I remember a few weeks ago Ame said Cal was actually the more difficult of the two to deal with. 

I don't remember why the league was closed, but IIRC it involved technical issues with Pokemon Online.

Thank you for your explanation! I appreciate it

3 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm not sure if Blake and Heather knew each other before the league, but he did adopt her after what happened to Corey, yes. 

Ame and Blake tried to persuade Heather to stick around because they didn't think it was healthy for her to shut herself off from everything, but Heather ended up quitting, followed by Blake and then Cal quitting. 

I asked Ame on tumblr recently if she knows what happened to Heather after that, and she said Heather did show up a few years later and seemed to be doing better, and said she'd be interested in being a part of the league again if it's ever brought back. 

Ame also said that Blake isn't nearly as much of a jerk IRL as he is in-game. I remember a few weeks ago Ame said Cal was actually the more difficult of the two to deal with. 

I don't remember why the league was closed, but IIRC it involved technical issues with Pokemon Online.

Whoa. I didn't know this. Glad to know this info. :)

@HongaarseBeer

IIRC some of the leaders knew each other, but not all of them were close with each other since quite a few of the leaders appear in one season and disappear in the next [like with Electric and Grass which had three leaders in the span of what, four seasons?]

• 5 months later...
  • Global Mods

I remember seeing a while ago a nice big table image of each types leader in each of the seasons of the original league (and a few things like Christmas sprites), does anyone still have that?