Grass-Type Starter???

Ogstein

So my question is if there are any of the grass-type starters that are viable the whole way through while requiring little to no technical know-how?

If not, what starter should I pick?

Sorry if this question is a repeat... I just wanted to know after Gen VII starters were added...

19 minutes ago, Ogstein said:

So my question is if there are any of the grass-type starters that are viable the whole way through while requiring little to no technical know-how?

Sorry if this question is a repeat... I just wanted to know after Gen VII starters were added...

Gen VII starters are added. :) 

I would recommend you to choose poplio if you want to try with gen VII starter.

Litten and rowlett are available later in game though. 

26 minutes ago, Ogstein said:

From the experience, here are the best types of starters (from my experience):

Torchic: Speed boost and bulk up are really good for Blaziken

Popplio: A bulky starter with a great typing

Bulbasaur: Chlorophyll can be an excellent ability if you want a Sun Team, and its bulk is quite excellent

Snivy: Contrary is good, and even the overgrow Leech Seed/Coil combo is passable enough. Bulbasaur and Snivy don't require as much technical know-how for the grass types (particularly Bulbasaur)

@Ogstein A Modest, High Sp. ATK and Speed IV/EV, Snivy with the Contrary ability is probably the best Grass-type starters. This is because Leaf Storm is one of the strongest moves in the game. It lowers the pokemon's Sp.atk, however with the Contrary instead of lowering stats, stats changes are opposite. This means instead of losing Sp. Atk you gain Sp. Atk per Leaf Storm. The trick is Snivy learns this move at level 43, meaning you have to keep Snivy from evolving until level 43.

8 minutes ago, Drace said:

@Ogstein A Modest, High Sp. ATK and Speed IV/EV, Snivy with the Contrary ability is probably the best Grass-type starters. This is because Leaf Storm is one of the strongest moves in the game. It lowers the pokemon's Sp.atk, however with the Contrary instead of lowering stats, stats changes are opposite. This means instead of losing Sp. Atk you gain Sp. Atk per Leaf Storm. The trick is Snivy learns this move at level 43, meaning you have to keep Snivy from evolving until level 43.

Or you can just wait till lv. 62.

Anyway, I agree with bulbasaur and snivy, though if you have any doubts smogon chose the best starters per type. 

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue22/starters

@Ogstein It really depends on what you want out of the game.

Torchic is the best starter if you get one with the Speed Boost ability
Froakie is the best Jack of all Trades with the Protean ability, offering many type advantages in your disposal
Popplio is very bulky, amazing special attack, and as stated has one of the best typing for a starter
Cyndaquil is probably the strongest fire Special Attacker
Bulbasaur is also very bulky and has great support moves like sleep powder
Ralts (jackpot starter) is probably the smoothest start in the game. It has type advantage over the first two gyms and resists shadow moves from shadow pokemon.

I've actually played this entire game with chespin as my starter and he's been pretty good to me. In fact pretty much pulls his wait and then some. Spikey shield + leech seed is always good. Plus hammer arm for fighting coverage and your option of things like seed bomb, wood hammer, slash and burn, etc. for a grass move