Team Help For Shade Gym Fight

jakk8399

I have been trying to beat shade for 1 hours, i have no ability capsules because i gave my pangoro scrappy and my ampharos static. Here is my team, its the only ones that I have leveled:

Ampharos Hasty Nature, Static lvl 37

Thunder Wave

Thunder Punch

Electro Ball

Power Gem

Charizard (Shiny) Carefull Nature, Blaze lvl 38

Flame Burst

Dragon Rage

Rock Smash

Wing Attack

Noibat Serious Nature, Telepathy lvl 37

Air Cutter (which never crits for me...)

Roost

Bite

Wing Attack

Pangoro Brave, Nature, Scrappy lvl 38

Slash

Vital Throw

Body Slam

Karate Chop

Gothita (Shiny), Serious Nature, Competative (lvl 25, just got it)

Dark Pulse

Psyshock

Embargo

Feint Attack

Budew Dont remember the nature cause i boxed it, Poison point i think, and its lvl 32 (wouldnt evolve all day so i boxed it since it's night for me right now)

Mega Drain

Growth

Cut

Stun Spore

Like I have tried everything and nothing works, legit having a breakdown because i can't get past his rotom after i beat 3 of his pokemon. Any help is appreciated

Edited by jakk8399
accidentally hit the 2 button instead of the 1 button

I think you should remove pangoro vs him cause every moves he has are physical which are useless against him. May i suggest you to catch a magnemite with sturdy on his gym , cause he can easily paralyse his mons , then use some revive and potions to keep alive yours. Then , do the zorua event. Evolve it to zoroark and he will do the job , and train your gothita a little :) 

Edited by Zarc

Just now, Zarc said:

I think you should remove pangoro vs him cause every moves he has are physical which are useless against him. May i suggest you to catch a magnemite with sturdy on his gym , cause he can easily paralyse his mons , then use some revive and potions to keep alive yours. Then , do the zorua event. Evolve it to zoroark and he will do the job

How do I do the zorua event? And where can I find magnemite? I was already planning on replacing pangoro at somepoint with the scraggy you get with the dull key, so I'll use zorua till then.

Magnemite can be found where shade actually is , there is pokemon on his gym :) for the zorua event , check on youtube , you will find the answer , or if you're patient , i can give you one when i return from work ( around 13pm )

Just now, Zarc said:

Magnemite can be found where shade actually is , there is pokemon on his gym :) for the zorua event , check on youtube , you will find the answer , or if you're patient , i can give you one when i return from work ( around 13pm )

I'll look on youtube for the zorua. Thank you though! Hopefully i can beat him with the team changes, then spend some time getting my team leveled up.

1 hour ago, Zarc said:

I think you should remove pangoro vs him cause every moves he has are physical which are useless against him. May i suggest you to catch a magnemite with sturdy on his gym , cause he can easily paralyse his mons , then use some revive and potions to keep alive yours. Then , do the zorua event. Evolve it to zoroark and he will do the job , and train your gothita a little :) 

57 minutes ago, jakk8399 said:

I'll look on youtube for the zorua. Thank you though! Hopefully i can beat him with the team changes, then spend some time getting my team leveled up.

Pangoro actually learns Crunch at level 42... Why would you bench a Dark type from a Ghost Gym leader guys, be rational... *Facepalm*

Get it to 42 to learn Crunch, then Common Candy it down to -say- 38, in order for it to obey and you'll be fine!

I sincerely don't know why your Pangoro doesn't know Work Up though. One boost and could've swept Shade easily, if you just healed it up with Super Potions when needed.

@Zarc , also Pangoro has Scrappy, so normal and fighting attacks hit ghosts, so it is not useless at all, even without crunch. But crunch is only 4 levels away.

Edited by Jess

I second Jess's advice. In addition, I'd also recommend you ditch Gothita for this fight, since it's just a punching bag. Try a Magnemite to deal with that Rotom. Make sure it has Sturdy, and Metal Sound! The strategy is to use Metal Sound to lower the special defense on that Rotom, then kill it with a heavy-hitting Special Attacker. Metal Sound lowers the Special Defense by 2! Use it on the first turn, then sacrifice it to heal up a Pokemon in your party! And, voila, his most problematic Pokemon is down for the count.

1 hour ago, Zarc said:

@Jess he will need more than one pokemon to beat shade , so i gived him advices , now he do what he want.

He maybe will, he maybe won't. I've swept Shade with a Moxie Mightyena. And with a Work Up Crunching Pangoro.

I just don't think that dropping your best counter to ghost is the optimal way of facing Shade, especially when you tell him that Gothita is OK and just needs a bit levelling up :P 

1 hour ago, Zarc said:

Whatever. I never trained a pangoro before , i'm not an expert on monkeys types

Plus, Pangoro it is a Panda, which is technically a bear, not a monkey :P 

Just now, Zarc said:

Gothitha has dark attacks types 

But it is a Psychic type mon... One Shadow Ball and it's destroyed. Plus, a non-STAB Dark type attack by a Gothorita won't kill anything.

3 minutes ago, Tacuara said:

Scraggy's event is should be available right before Shade. Moxie Scrafty can't beat Shade single handed because he's kinda slow, but at least 3/4 pokemon would be good enough

Yes, Scraggy/Scrafty with Moxie is actually a better version of Pangoro. And much uglier/less badass as well.

10 minutes ago, Tacuara said:

Scraggy's event is should be available right before Shade. Moxie Scrafty can't beat Shade single handed because he's kinda slow, but at least 3/4 pokemon would be good enough

While true, I was able to sweep Shade with Scrafty alone thanks to Dragon Dance + Moxie, it's an absolute monster.

7 minutes ago, Jess said:

Yes, Scraggy/Scrafty with Moxie is actually a better version of Pangoro. And much uglier/less badass as well.

Scrafty >>>>> Pangoro any day, in all departments

Fite me

8 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

While true, I was able to sweep Shade with Scrafty alone thanks to Dragon Dance + Moxie, it's an absolute monster.

Scrafty >>>>> Pangoro any day, in all departments

Fite me

I don't like Scrafty's design... :( 

The rapper dropping pants it has to hold make me detest it...

But I agree that it is better than Pangoro. Especially with D.Dance, no comparison.