GNARLY! A Poison Mono (HIATUS)

Revan

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode One

This is gonna be cool. Alright, so we're starting out in the... beautiful city of Reborn. Naturally, we gotta pick name and gender. I'm going with the left gender neutral character, and I'm naming them Revan. And right from the start, we have an exploding train, and we're in a filthy slum. And I don't even have my Croagunk yet. Not how Revan planned their day, I can tell you that.

Oh, awesome, now we meet Julia. I mean, I get that she supposed  to be likable, but I hate her. She's so obnoxious. Anyway, she goes on and on about the explosion, and frankly, it coulda been cool... If I hadn't almost DIED. I was nearly killed! Not only that, I don't even have a Croagunk yet. Or any money. I just... Poor Revan. They aren't having a good time.

Well, thanks to the kindness of some blue-haired chick, we have one potion. Which, I suppose, is 20 points better than no potions, right? 

Hello, Victoria. Finally, someone I like. She's chill. Well, chill until later in the game, that is.

Anyway, we're finally at the grand hall, and Ame already caught the culprit. Pathetic. If you're gonna blow something up, do it right. Well, no matter, cause now we get our starter. It hurts not to pick my boy Charmander, but I like Bulbasaur fine. We named him Earl, cause he looks like an Earl. Or, he does to me. Whatever. 

Anyway, I'm off to battle Cain. Honestly, I relate to the guy. He's ALWAYS in the mood.

He looks like a member of an emo band from that one dream I had. But that's another story. The mighty Earl dunks on his ass, and it's pretty fun to watch. Earl barely takes any damage, too! Cain missed 3 times. Something I relate to. 

Now, we're battling Victoria and her war pig. This is gonna be chill, I think.

And, it was! Earl learned Leech Seed, and we got some mad cash. Not enough to buy anything, but still! 

Now, if this keeps going my way, Florinia and I are gonna have some fun. I don't think I am joking, honestly.

Just bought some potions, and have 585 left over. That's enough for a pack of smokes, some booze and some chicken noodle soup! That last one sounds really great right now. Like, REALLY great. We're gonna go catch some random 'mons, cause my buddy is gonna trade me some sweet poison types in exchange for them. All the right levels, too. 

After this interrogation scene. Gnarly. 

Okay, so we caught a Bidoof. Who, I ain't knocking. But, it doesn't have moody. Tragic. 

Well, we also caught a Ratatta and an Ekans. 

Imma end this one here. The next one will be up in a couple hours, after I get my new Pokemon. I should have a Gastly, a Croagunk and a Skrelp when we return. Thanks for reading, kids. 

Edited by Revan

GNARLY! A Poison Mono, Episode 2

The current team is-

Earl, The Bulbasaur. He's level 7

Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed

Funky Gunky, the Croagunk. He's level 7, almost 8

Drain Punch, Poison Jab, Power-Up Punch

Mustard, the Gastly. He's level 7

Shadow Ball, Spite, Lick, Psychic

SCREE, the Skrelp. She's level 6. 

Dragon Pulse, Water Gun, Sludge Bomb

Our character is Revan, a gender neutral, who's picture is attached below.

Pocket Change: 585

I got them from a friend, who bred them for me. That's how they've got their movesets. 

Anyway, we're now stepping out into the wonderful city of Reborn, where we're instantly greeted by a lady with a disobedient Snubbull. We talk to her for a minute, then move on to Opal Bridge. We take on the hotshot, wrecking his shit. After that, we wander up on the bridge. Blocking our path is a crazy cat lady, but Funky Gunky, who is now level 9, easily deals with the problems. Power up Punch is very helpful. He takes a little damage from fake-out, but heals himself back up with Drain Punch. We switch to Earl in front of the squad, and we prepare to level him to 9/10.

We come across a group of dudes bullying a Zigzagoon, who isn't exactly useful in a poison mono, but we'll rescue him anyway. We are now in a double battle with two thugs, which is no big deal. We send out Earl and Funky Gunky, who will likely quickly deal with them. They send out a Lilipup and a Poochena, both whom are quickly dealt with. Earl grows to level 8, and we're moving on from the scene. 

After a couple steps, we run into some old guy talking about making the city an entrance to his battling career. Sadly, his first battle is with Earl, who decimates him. Now, we run into a street rat, who states that he's "living life on the edge", which is true, I suppose, but he's nowhere near as edgy as us, with our poison types and all. Another victim for Earl, the Terminator, and weapon of death.

We get off the bridge, and now face some lady in the lower Peridot ward. Wonderful. Time for another brutal victory. One-shotting each of her Pokemon, Earl hits level 9, and we put him in the back seat for Mustard the Gastly, who needs training. For his first battle, we run into a Casanova. Unfortunately, his first Pokemon is a Purrloin, who Mustard can't do anything to. So, we switch him out for Scree, who also needs training. It takes a couple Dragon Pulses to bring his cat down, but when we finally do, we're rewarded with exp, and sweet, sweet cash. $238, to be exact. That brings our change up to $1583, considering all our battles on the bridge. Now, we run into some girl who wants to "introduce us" to this city. Basically, she wants to kick our ass and take our cash. It would be a good plan, except it isn't. With my burning desire to beat Julia and uh.... meet Florinia fueling our flames, we effortlessly kick her ass back to the ghetto. No money for you, ho. Speaking of money, the cheap girl only gives us $84! That just ain't cool. Whatever. Our money total has gone up again, to $1,667, and Mustard is up to level 9. Time for him to take a back seat, and time for SCREE to play. Now we battle an old dude for the right to see his garden. It better be nice, or I'll kick his ass again. SCREE goes up to level 8, and we get some mad cash. Over 200, bringing our total up to $1,957. Not bad, not bad. That's like, 6 potions. Which, in the early game, are god damn dandy. His garden is trash, but a good place to grind, so I'll spare him. See ya all in an hour or so. By the time you get back, the team should be a little stronger. Peace.

charari.png

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode Three

The team so far-

Funky Gunky, Croagunk, Level 10

Gunk Shot, Power-Up Punch, Drain Punch

Mustard, Gastly, Level 10

Psychic, Shadow Ball, Lick, Spite

SCREE, Skrelp, Level 9

Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball, Water Gun, Feint Attack

Earl, Bulbasaur, Level 10

Leech Seed, Tackle, Vine Whip, Growl

Harry, Spinarak, Level 9

Poison Sting, String Shot, Constrict, Mean Look

Our character is Revan, a gender neutral, left option.

We have $1,957 in pocket change

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so while I was off, I caught a Spinarak, named him Harry, leveled up the whole team to either 9 or 10, and am ready to continue the story. But first, we'll battle all the trainers in the Peridot Ward, and go to the Railnet. I think you can find Zubats there. The goal is to get the whole team to 12 or 13. Let's a go.

Okay, so now we're battling the dude who guards the alleyway. He asks if we have skill, and since he challenged us, we have no choice but to wage war. After beating him, Earl and SCREE both gained a level, so it was well worth it. We also get an alleyway to hang out in. We now face a girl with a Togepi, who is one of the worst Pokemon to fight me with, hands down. It stands no chance against the toxic onslaught, and gets destroyed. Her next Pokemon, a Buneary, is wiped out in one hit by the Gunkster, and we win the match, and a pathetic $98. Talk about stingy. Well, no matter. We pick up a Super Potion along the way, and add it to our growing collection of healing items. We run into a level 6 Trubbish along the way, and I see no point in NOT capturing it. So, we go for it. I named it "Junker", and it has a 31 in attack! Not bad, not bad. It has Pound, Poison Gas, and Recycle. Meh, but we'll take it. 

We head towards the Underground Railnet, and yet another fool challenges us to glorious battle. He opens with a Hoppip, who is decimated by our buddy Funky Gunky. His next Pokemon is a Bidoof, and there's no point in switching out. Let's take it down! Another one-shot. Man, the Gunkster is amazing. He has an attack IV of 31, and speed of 30. He's a killing machine. Poor sap only had $40 to spare. We now have $2,285 in Pokebucks. That's not too shabby. We continue on our Zubat hunt. We run into all sorts of bats. Noibat, Swoobat... But no Zubat yet. 

After searching for 10 minutes, we determined that there are no Zubat to be found. So we go back on the grind. We're gonna get our team to 13 across the board, and then deal with Fern. 

After 20 minutes of mad grinding, we get the team to level 13 across the board, with the exception of Funky Gunky, who hit 14. We're more than ready to take out Fern. Our cash is now at $98, due to MAD spending. But that doesn't matter, as the team is more than gym battle ready. We continue down the tracks, get challenged a few times, wallop them, and meet up with Fern. Who, let me just say, is my least favorite character in this game. And, he's a lame-ass battler, too! Not a cool dude. On our way there, we get attacked by a Street Rat with a Zubat. I'm SO MAD. And so JEALOUS. I've been lookin for one. Regardless, we kick his ass easily, and meet up with Fern.

This time, Junker the Trubish gets to play hero, totally decimating Fern's entire team. At least, up until his Budew, who we have Mustard deal with. Thanks to Psychic, it's over in a damn second, and Fern is left utterly defeated. Just how I like it. Fern gives us $494, adding a significant amount to the wallet. Now we head to meet up with Julia (ugh), Fern (again), and Florinia (YES. I mean... She's cool, I guess.) 

But, we'll do that next time. It should be up whenever I feel like posting it, I guess. Thanks, dudes, dudettes, and dudes of neutral gender identity! 

Edited by Revan

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 4

The team so far-

Bulbasaur "Earl", Level 13

Moves: Tackle, Poison Powder, Vine Whip, Leech Seed

Ability: Overgrow

Croagunk "Funky Gunky", Level 14

Moves: Poison Sting, Gunk Shot, Drain Punch, Power-Up Punch

Ability: Poison Touch

Spinarak "Harry" Level 13

Moves: Poison Sting, String Shot, Constrict, Leech Life

Ability: Swarm

Trubbish "Junker" Level 14

Moves: Toxic Spikes, Double Slap, Poison Gas, Acid Spray

Ability: Sticky Hold

Skrelp "SCREE" Level 13

Moves: Dragon Pulse, Feint Attack, Water Gun, Shadow Ball

Gastly "Mustard" Level 13

Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Spite, Curse

Ability: Levitate

In PC: Brometheus the shiny Budew.

Our character's name is Revan, and they are the left gender neutral option. Picture is in my signature. 

Pocket Change: $1,076

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, we begin this episode right by the Peridot Pokemart, where we're gonna pick up 3 potions. That will drop our pocket change down to $176, which isn't a lot of money. After that, we'll continue on our journey to the other factory, where we will meet Fern, Florinia top tier waifu, and Julia. And then we'll take on the Meteors. Before that, though, I decided to grind the team a little. Now, everyone is at level 15. Funky Gunky ditches Poison Sting for Pursuit, SCREE learns Acid (trippy) and looses Water Gun, and Earl ditches Tackle for Take Down. We head back to Julia's gym before going to the factory, getting another notice. Now, we can begin.

Julia blows the door to hell, and Florinia, who I have a strong love for, and Fern (fuck Fern), arrive, and conversation begins. After some idle chatting, we decide to enter the facility, and split up to take down Meteor. Just when I though Rini was gonna give me a chance, I'm stuck with Fern. This fact saps me of much of my joy.

During our battles with Team Meteor, Earl evolves into an Ivysaur! He gets a big stat boost, and a new look. It's like a glow up, but better. After Earl beats the next set of grunts, we switch him out for Mustard, who we would like to be a Haunter by the time we face Rini. So, he's gonna need some levels here. 

We arrive at the second floor, and here's where Mustard hits level 16. He Psychics and Shadow Balls our enemies to death with ease, and we're almost to the Aster/Eclipse boss fight. Let me just say, if Arceus created the world, Mustard would be the one to destroy it. He's like, the harbinger of the end times, destroyer of all, and master of shadow. 

Now, Fern and I are going for the bombs in Meteor's base, ready to blow things up. But as we get them, Rini's mad hacking skills come through, and opens the door for us. Which, is fine. Anything she does is perfect. Anyway, for the next fight, we put Funky Gunky in front, as Mustard is level 18, and we don't want him hitting the cap just yet.

Now, we face Aster and Eclipse. Unfortunately for them, they were unprepared. Both of their Pokemon get taken out by Funky Gunky in a very timely fashion. He hits level 17, and we replace Pursuit with Feint Attack. Julia blows up the facility, and we part ways. I head to challenge Julia's gym. No grinding needed for this one! 

Next time, I will do a play-by-play of my battle with Julia. For now, I'm gonna rest and relax. Thanks for reading!

-Revan

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 5

The team so far-

Ivysaur "Earl", Level 16

Moves: Take Down, Poison Powder, Vine Whip, Leech Seed

Croagunk "Funky Gunky", Level 17

Moves: Feint Attack, Gunk Shot, Drain Punch, Power-Up Punch

Spinarak "Harry" Level 16

Moves: Poison Sting, String Shot, Constrict, Leech Life

Ability: Swarm

Trubbish "Junker" Level 15

Moves: Toxic Spikes, Double Slap, Poison Gas, Acid Spray

Skrelp "SCREE" Level 16

Moves: Dragon Pulse, Feint Attack, Water Gun, Shadow Ball

Gastly "Mustard" Level 19

Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Spite, Curse

In PC: Brometheus the shiny Budew.

Our character's name is Revan, and they are the left gender neutral option. Picture is in my signature. 

Pocket Change: $2,736

-----------------------------------------------------

And, we're live! Coming from the Peridot Ward, it's your favorite reporter, Revan, reporting on the adventures of virtual Revan! Today, we're dealing with Julia and her gym of thunder jockies. Let's be honest here, they don't stand a damn chance against the toxic onslaught that is my team. After blitzing through her gym, we come face-to-face with Julia herself. It's badge time, my children. Prepare for a play-by-play.

She opens with Helioptile, and we open with Junker, and naturally go for the toxic spikes. Once they're set, it's Julia's turn. She goes for a souped-up ThunderShock. Junker tanks it, and uses poison gas. Julia goes for the charge beam, we use Double Slap, and she uses a potion. We go for another Double Slap, and we crit, leaving it in the red. Unfortunately, it lands another charge beam, and with the raised special attack, we're down one Pokemon.

Next, we toss in Funky Gunky, who takes it out with a Power-Up Punch, raising his attack at the same time. We are ready to sweep here. Next, we face an Emolga, who outspeeds Funky Gunky, and lands an Acrobatics, taking out half of his health. The Gunkster uses Gunk Shot, taking out Emolga with one hit. Next, we face a Voltorb, who lands a Charge Beam. We land a Drain Punch, taking it out in one hit. After that, Funky Gunky is taken out by the next Voltorb, who uses Sonic Boom. Sadly, he had exactly 20 HP.

Funky Gunky's sacrifice was not in vain. He took out 3 Pokemon. Thanks to the poison, Voltorb takes a little damage. We go for Earl, who gets slammed with a SonicBoom. We use Take Down, and it misses. Voltorb takes more poison damage. It hits Earl with another Sonic Boom, and Earl lands Take Down, leaving Voltorb in the red. Poison finishes it off, and Julia sends out Blitzle.

Sadly, Earl's health is too low for him to continue, so we switch him out for Mustard. Mustard outspeeds the Blitzle, and one-shots it with a Shadow Ball, leaving Julia with just her Electrode. Electrode hits Mustard with Charge Beam, but it works out, cause Mustard tanks, and slams it with Shadow Ball, leaving it in the red. Poison takes it out at the end of the turn. And, we just won a Volt Badge, $750 and a Charge Beam. And, we kicked Julia's ass. She must be shocked

We leave the gym, and head to the center to heal up the team. I also plan to swap Harry out for Brometheus, who we're gonna train up a bit. We need something that can learn Cut. But before we can get to the center, we're stopped by Victoria, who waits outside the gym. She tells us there are plants attacking people in the Obsidia Ward. I guess this is another job for the great Revan. But first, a bit of grinding. We grind Brometheus up to level 16, and Junker as well. But that's not good enough. By next episode, the team will be even stronger. See ya!

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 6

The team so far-

Ivysaur "Earl", Level 20

Moves: Razor Leaf, Leech Seed, Take Down, Poison Powder

Croagunk "Funky Gunky", Level 20

Moves: Feint Attack, Gunk Shot, Power-Up Punch, Drain Punch

Skrelp "SCREE", Level 19

Moves: Feint Attack, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball, Acid

Budew "Brometheus", Level 18

Moves: Mega Drain, Water Sport, Growth, Stun Spore

Ability: Natural Cure

Trubbish "Junker", Level 18

Moves: Toxic Spikes, Acid Spray, Sludge, Poison Gas

Gastly "Mustard", Level 20

Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Curse, Spite

In PC: Harry the Spinarak

Our character is Revan. They are gender neutral, and their picture is in my signature. 

Pocket Change: $4,895

----------------------------------------------------------------

This time, we start on the bridge, heading for the Obsidia Ward. There, we'll meet Victoria. Florinia will be there, too. Hot damn. But, before we go there, we're heading to the mart to pick up some more potions. 

After like, 5 seconds of miserable, grueling travel, we arrive at the Grand Hall, where we get some potions. Now, onwards! Obsidia awaits. As soon as we get to the gate, we are greeted by a very pleasant sight. Florinia. She invites us to help out in the ward, so we walk in. After getting briefed by her.

When we arrive, we notice a big-ass crack in the middle of the road. Leaving us with one option. Traveling through the slums. On our way there, we get stopped by a trainer. Easy fight, right? No! He has a level 16 Drowzee. Not good. Junker gets one-shotted, but Mustard avenges him with a Shadow Ball.

Continuing onwards, considering I'm too lazy to head to the Pokemon Center, we run into Victoria, who challenges us to a battle. Considering it's a big one, I'll do a play-by-play. Poor Victoria. She set herself up for a sweep, man. Mustard has Psychic, and he's at the head of the party. Her first Pokemon is a Ralts, who gets one-shotted by Shadow Ball. Her next Pokemon is Pignite, who gets taken out by a Psychic. Mustard hits level 21. Now, we face her last Pokemon, Makuhita. Different name, same story. Mustard takes it out with pathetic ease. And, Victoria is down. We now can walk right into the slums, like we own the damn place.

And pretty soon, we will. Next time, on Poison Mono Ball Z, we tackle the slums. 

Peace out, tube dudes. 

-Revan

55 minutes ago, Revan said:

She ain't emotionless. She just acts that way. 

So very true :) 

Can't wait to see Florinia cracking up in the next Episodes... Unless you crack her first of course... ;) 

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 7

The team so far-

Ivysaur "Earl", Level 20

Croagunk "Funky Gunky", Level 20

Skrelp "SCREE", Level 19

Moves: Mega Drain, Water Sport, Growth, Stun Spore

Gastly "Mustard", Level 21

Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Curse, Spite

In PC: Harry the Spinarak

Our character is Revan. They are gender neutral, and their picture is in my signature. 

Pocket Change: $6,183

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, hello! Our goals for this episode are as follows

1) Catch a Zubat

2) Get through the slums

Let's begin. So, after kicking Victoria's ass, we head into the slums. Our team should be more than strong enough for this. We are beyond ready. Hell, they're strong enough to take out Florinia. Not that we want to. We just need that badge, man. First thing is first. We switch Mustard so Earl can be in front, and so we can train him up a little bit. Junker is currently out of commission, and Mustard is low on PP. Regardless, let's a go.

Our first battle is with a guy with some flying types. Fortunately, a Take Down from Earl is more than enough to take them both out. Now, we move on. As we travel through the slums, we go to the glowy Shuriken thingy to heal up, and get our team restored. Now, we can take on the slums, find a Zubat, and save Obsidia. 

Here are the notable events from the slums.

1) We find Quash, a Moon Stone, and a Great Ball

2) Earl and Funky Gunky hit level 21

3) Earl faints

4) SCREE and Funky Gunky take on a Pokemon gang

Notice what's missing? NO ZUBAT. No Zubat at all. It's tragic, really. But, we did find a moonstone. And, we got a Nidoran M from my friend via trade. Time to grind this sucker up, and get a Nidoking. We swap Brometheus out for it, and head back to the slums to grind up.

Reginald, the Nidoking, hits level 17. He has an attack IV of 28, so he's not too bad. Plus, he's a 3rd stage Pokemon. That's always cool, right?

Anyway, we put Mustard back in front, and head to the Coral Ward. We have to face Cain again, so it will be perfect. What follows is a play-by-play against Cain. Enjoy.

Play by play:

Cain sends out Grimer. Mustard kills it in one shot with Psychic.

Cain sends out Venonat. Same thing happens.

Cain sends out Oshawatt. Same story.

Cain sends out his Nidorino. Again, a one-hit kill. That was just sad.

Anyway, next time we'll do the park and the Florinia battle. See ya in a few!

5 minutes ago, Jess said:

So very true :) 

Can't wait to see Florinia cracking up in the next Episodes... Unless you crack her first of course... ;) 

That's the plan, Jess. That's the plan. We destroy her in battle, and she falls under our spell. And then we go on romantic dates, thrashing Meteor and talking about how much Fern sucks.

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 8

The team so far-

Ivysaur "Earl", Level 21

Croagunk "Funky Gunky", Level 21

Skrelp "SCREE", Level 19

Nidoking "Reginald", Level 17

Moves: Double Kick, Poison Sting, Peck, Leer

Ability: Sheer Force

Gastly "Mustard", Level 22

Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Curse, Sucker Punch

In PC: Harry the Spinarak, Brometheus the Budew

Pocket Change: $7,953

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, okay. We are back in business. The first thing we're gonna do is get Harry from the PC. He deserves a little love. We'll drop Junker off until the gym battle.

This episode, we'll be: 

1) Dealing with Team Meteor

2) Entering the Onyx Ward, and fighting our way through Fern's lackies, and of course, Fern himself.

On our way there, we realize we need Brometheus, so we drop off Harry (again), so we can have a Pokemon learn Cut. Poor Harry. On our way back, we get challenged, and Mustard hits level 23. It's time to put him in the backseat. We don't need him at the cap just yet. We put Funky Gunky in front.

When we get back to the Center, we replace Water Sport with Cut on Brometheus, and head back to the park. Florinia and Amara get captured by the Tangrowth, and it's our chance to wow Florinia! By rescuing her, she'll hopefully fall deeply in love with us. It's time to face the Pulse Tangrowth. A play-by-play will be included below.

Funky Gunky uses Gunk Shot, to no avail. It fails to take out Tangrowth, who hits us with an Acid Spray, lowering Funky Gunky's SDEF. We use Power-Up Punch in order to boost the Gunkster's attack. He gets hit by another Acid Spray, and is knocked down to to 35 HP. It looks like we can tank one more. We use Gunk Shot, bringing it down to 1/3 of its health. Sadly, Acid Spray crits, taking out Funky Gunky. We send in Reginald to finish it off. Regi opens with a Leer, and then gets hit by a Mega Drain. His next move is Poison Sting, which barely scratches it. Reginald takes a Vine Whip, and goes to red. We have no choice. We switch out into Mustard, who brings it to red with a Psychic. It uses another Mega Drain, bringing it back to yellow. Mustard finishes it with a Psychic.

Amara thanks us for the save, but Rini doesn't, which hurts my feelings. Regardless, we head to the Onyx Ward to take on her gym!

Once we get there, that ass Fern refuses to let us in, claiming we're not worthy. We'll just break in, and prove him wrong. 

Long story short, we annihilate the schoolkids, pass the quiz, and waltz right on up to him. It's time to kick his ass (again), and prove to him that he's a damn joke. A play-by-play will be attached below!

But before we battle Fern, it's time for a quick overview.

1) Funky Gunky hits level 24

2) Mustard hits  level 24

3) Earl hits level 22

4) We're at $10,006

Fern opens with Lombre, we go with Mustard. Mustard slams it with a Shadow Ball for a solid 2/3 of its health. It uses Absorb, taking a bit of Mustard's HP. Fern wastes a Super Potion on Lombre, and we slam it with Shadow Ball. Fern wastes ANOTHER Super Potion, but it's hopeless. Shadow Ball crits. He goes into Servine, and we go for Funky Gunky. Funky Gunky one-shots with Gunk Shot, and hits level 25. Fern goes into Roselia, who we respond to with Mustard. Mustard crits the Psychic, taking it out in one shot. He hits level 25, and evolves into Haunter! We use a common candy on Funky Gunky after the battle, so he's not at the cap, and can sweep Florinia with no problem. Gunk Shot OP. We level down the Gunkster, and prepare to deal with our favorite Gym Leader. Next time, we take on our sweet Florinia!

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 9

The team so far-

Ivysaur "Earl", Level 22

Croagunk "Funky Gunky", Level 24

Skrelp "SCREE", Level 19

Nidoking "Reginald", Level 17

Moves: Growth, Stun Spore, Cut, Mega Drain

Haunter"Mustard", Level 25

In PC: Harry the Spinarak, Junker the Trubbish

Pocket Change: $10,968

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there, children of the 'mon! It's that time again! This episode, we'll be:

1) Fighting Florinia

2) Grinding

First thing is first. A play-by-play of my epic battle with my future wife!

First, she sends out Maractus, but Funky Gunky one-shots it with Gunk Shot. Her next Pokemon is Breloom. It gets taken out by Gunk Shot, too. Her 3rd Pokemon is Ferroseed, whom we slam with a Power-Up Punch. It tanks, and uses Leech Seed, but not before Funky Gunky is hurt by its Iron Barbs. Funky Gunky finishes it off with another Power-Up Punch. Florinia goes into Cacnea. Cacnea is taken out with a x2 attack Gunk Shot. She goes into Cottonee, who goes out the same way. Her final Pokemon is Craydilly, who goes down to a Drain Punch. Basically, Funky Gunky swept. He grows to level 26!

We win a badge and some mad cash! This is great! After the battle, she asks us to go deal with Jasper and Beryl, and even wishes us luck. In her own... unique way. Our cap is now at level 30, which is good. Before Jasper, I'm gonna go level up the weaker members of the team a bit. 

Update: SCREE, Brometheus and Reginald are at level 21, and Earl is at level 23.

Sorry for the short episode. I promise #10 will have much more content. Also, @Jess agreed to be my rival for the rest of the playthrough. So, I'm waiting for them to catch up! That's why it was cut short.

Gnarly! A Poison Mono: Episode 10

The team so far-

Ivysaur "Earl", Level 23

Croagunk "Funky Gunky", Level 27

Skrelp "SCREE", Level 21

Nidoking "Reginald", Level 21

Budew "Brometheus", Level 23

Haunter"Mustard", Level 25

Pocket Change: $12,762

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On this episode, we plan to:

1) Tackle the Jasper and Beryl wards

2) Find the Police Officers

3) Catch a Venipede. (Who I believe you can find in one of the forests.)

4) Beat Corey

We start the episode in the Jasper Police station, where we're asked to rescue the missing Police Officers. However, I have to deal with the plants first, and Taco, a member of Team Meteor. 

On our way to get to Taco:

1) Funky Gunky hits level 27, so we switch him for Earl

2) Earl falls in battle, and Mustard avenges him. 

3) Brometheus hits level 24, and we put SCREE in front. 

4) SCREE gets hit by a critical Confusion. She fails to survive. Reginald avenges her.

5) We heal up with a golden shuriken thing. 

6) We put Reginald in front. 

We get to Taco! I plan to post a video. Let's hope it works.

And, the file was too large. RIP

Here's the gist of what happened:

1) Reginald took like, 5 double kicks to kill his Lileep.

2) Funky Gunky crits a Gunk Shot, taking out his Chatot. 

3) Tangrowth tanks 2 Psychics from Mustard, and goes down on number 3 to a crit

After the fight, Taco invites us to Beryl, but first, we gotta rescue the officers in Jasper.

Before we can do any of that, though, we run into Heather, the brattiest character in the history of Pokemon fangames. I hate this girl with a passion. Anyway, we level up Brometheus to 25, and since she's holding a Soothe Bell, she evolves into a Roselia! She learns Giga Drain, After finding the Jasper officers, and the girl "trapped" in her apartment, we head to Beryl.

We go back into the forest, and arrive at a pile of leaves. Definitely not a trap, so we walk over them, and fall! A trap, oh no! Fern comes along, and offers to help up, but only if we get on our knees and beg. No way in hell. The only person we'd ever beg to is Florinia, not her loser brother! Soon, Taco's Chatot arrives, a bird in super sparkly armor, and rescues us! See? Kicking his ass earned respect, man!

Once we're free, we gotta find the Police Officer that's trapped here, as well as the officers we'll find in Beryl. But before any of that, we go on a Venipede hunt!

The hunt fails, but no matter. After finding the officers, we face Taka and ZEL.

I forgot to do a play-by-play, sorry. Anyway, the police show up to arrest the mystery man, and he's revealed to be Corey, Heather's father! After Heather flies away, we head towards Corey's gym to deal with him, putting Mustard in front. Corey blames us for Heather leaving, but it's his own damn fault. We'll have to kick his ass to show him that. 

Battle, begin!

Corey opens with Skrelp, and we open with Mustard. Mustard uses psychic, and Skrelp survives thanks to the focus sash. It uses Bubble. Corey then wastes a Super Potion, just for Skrelp to go down to a Psychic. Corey sends out Croagunk, who goes down to a Psychic after sucker punching Mustard. Corey sends out Skuntank, and we send out SCREE, who quickly goes down to 2 critical Feint Attacks in a row. She barely gets off a Dragon Pulse. We send out Funky Gunky, who slams Skuntank with a Power-Up Punch, but gets hit with Incinerate. The same thing goes down the next turn. However, this time Skuntank outspeeds Funky Gunky, and takes him out with an Incinerate. We go for Reginald, who double kicks Skuntank to death. Reginald dies in the aftermath. We go for Mustard, and he goes for Grimer. Mustard takes it out with Psychic. The same thing happens with his last two Pokemon. Corey is defeated! Unfortunately, there is no prize for the victory. Corey invites us to the bridge. 

On our way there, we see an Absol. The disaster Pokemon. Corey releases his Pokemon, and jumps into the Lapis Ward below. And Fern? That douche mocks him. This ass needs to shut his damn mouth, before I do it for him. 

Anyway, sorry for the late update! But, you can expect the next one in the next couple hours! Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed!

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 11

The team so far-

Ivysaur "Earl", Level 24

Croagunk "Funky Gunky", Level 29

Skrelp "SCREE", Level 21

Nidoking "Reginald", Level 25

Moves: Double Kick, Chip Away, Peck, Leer

Roselia "Brometheus", Level 25

Haunter"Mustard", Level 28

Pocket Change: $23,092

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this episode, we'll be:

1) Joining a Street Gang

2) Robbing a House

3) Rescuing Victoria

4) Kicking Victoria's ass (again)

Before any of that, though, we switch SCREE out for our new Golbat, who was so kindly donated to us by @Funky Fresh! They might be new to the site, but they already recognized that I was gonna whine about not having one until I got one! So thanks a ton! 

Naturally, we give it the Soothe Bell, and put it in front. Now, to think of a name. Bruce may be cliche, but I'm a Batman fan. So, let's do it! We go to the name rater's house, and change its name to Bruce! Bruce has a 31 in Speed, so he's really good. Infiltrator, too!  He's level 23, which means he can gain some levels wrecking Shelly and Victoria! Woo!

While in Peridot, we buy some Pokesnax for Bruce, head back to Jasper, and level him up! And, voila! Our very own Crobat!

As soon as we get to Lapis, we head straight for Aqua Gang's Hideout. I always preferred them to Magma Gang. After battling the two guards, we meet with Archer, who tells us to meet up with them in some hag's house, where we'll be robbing her!

Before we do that, we head back to Jasper to level up the team, who is too low-leveled. They all hit 30, and we come back to Lapis, ready to rumble! Soon, we arrive at her house, and rob the hell outta her, after kicking some Magma ass. The Ponyta goes straight to our PC, and Funky Gunky hits level 31, learning Sucker Punch! After leaving, we come back, get "falsely accused", and get a Bike Voucher! Let's pick up our shiny new wheels! We arrive at Corey's body, and watch as Shade takes it away, but not before Meteor confirms the suspect, and invites us to the Grand Stairway. 

As soon as we get there, we pick up Rock Smash, then head to rescue Victoria. On our way there, we meet Solaris, one of the leaders of Team Meteor! His goal is to "cleanse" the city. And his way of making things nice and clean? Poisoning the water, ruining the city, and in general, making it dirty. Uh, okay?

After saving Victoria, we head back to the Lapis Ward, and Victoria tells us to go get a Doctor. We're introduced to a psychotic psychiatrist, some kids, and are forced to battle an Orderly, who is brutally destroyed by Funky Gunky. We then leave, and go back to have our battle with Shelly. But, before we can, Victoria gets in the way! She challenges us to our 3rd battle. Fortunately, Bruce was in front for Shelly anyway. 

She opens with Scraggy, and Bruce uses Wing Attack, and Scraggy uses Payback. It does a bit of damage, but the next Wing Attack takes it out, anyway. She then goes into Pignite, and we go into Mustard. Mustard takes it to yellow with a Psychic, but goes down to a Heat Crash. Bruce takes out Pignite with a Wing Attack, and Kirlia with a Poison Fang. Her last Pokemon, Hariyama, goes down to 2 Wing Attacks. We're now ready to face Shelly in the next episode!

Thanks to all of you for reading, and thanks again, @Funky Fresh, for the Golbat!

Expect the next one in a couple hours!

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 12

The team so far-

Ivysaur "Earl", Level 31

Croagunk "Funky Gunky", Level 33

Moves: Sucker Punch, Gunk Shot, Power-Up Punch, Drain Punch

Crobat "Bruce" , Level 33

Moves: Wing Attack, Bite, Poison Fang, Astonish

Ability: Infiltrator

Nidoking "Reginald", Level 30

Moves: Double Kick, Chip Away, Peck, Leer

Roselia "Brometheus", Level 32

Moves: Growth,Stun Spore, Giga Drain

Haunter "Mustard", Level 32

In PC: Harry the Spinarak, Junker the Trubbish, SCREE the Skrelp

Pocket Change: $44,813

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This episode:

1) We're gonna beat Shelly

2) And beat Fern (again)

Before any of that, though, we're gonna switch out Reginald for SCREE, as SCREE can learn Water Moves, and is therefore a good counter for Shelly's Anorith. I also plan to train her up to be on the level of the rest of the team. I also level Earl up to 32, and he evolves into a Venusaur! It's time to take on Shelly's gym!

Our first battle with Shelly was a disaster, but I have a plan. I train the whole team to the cap, and buy Funky Gunky 2 rare candies. I use them both on him, and he evolves into a Toxicroak! I then use some common candies to level him down by 2! My little trick cost us some serious funds, but it's nothing we can't earn back. Our current total amount of cash is: $6,692. Well, it's worth it. Let's take her on again. 

(Note, I forgot to do a damn play-by-play of the second battle. I had one written out for our disastrous first battle, but I was focused on trying to win the second time. Sorry!)

After our second try, we get our badge, boosting our level cap to 40. And we're gonna have to be careful, pushing our levels as much as we are. In fact, I spend some money on common candies, just in case! We sell a bit of stuff at the Mart, and manage to scrape up just enough cash for a Link Stone, enabling us to evolve Mustard into a Gengar! From there, we head to the Grand Hall to tell Ame about Corey's death. But as soon as we get there, that ass Fern draws all of her attention. Anyway, we fight Fern, and it's pretty much just a picture-perfect Mustard sweep. Fern only gets two hits in. 

Fern tells us where to get the wasteland key, from Cain, and basically calls us gay. But, since our character is non-binary, it can't be an insult, or a factual statement. So... uh, good work, Fern. 

Sorry for the short episode, but I'm kinda in the mood for a break. I'll post more stuff later in the day. Tah-tah, my tubes!

2 hours ago, Jess said:

Good job @Revan!

Shelly is the toughest leader imho... Maybe together with Corey!

So, I feel your pain!

Thankfully, Corey wasn't too hard! All hail lord Mustard, lol. 

But Shelly was hard. Bruce was the MVP, though. His 31 IV in SDEF and in Speed allowed him to tank ancient powers, and hit first! Without him, Funky Gunky and Mustard would have had issues winning it for us. Regardless, thanks for the praise, and I hope you're enjoying this, despite how poorly written it may be!

3 hours ago, Revan said:

Thankfully, Corey wasn't too hard! All hail lord Mustard, lol. 

But Shelly was hard. Bruce was the MVP, though. His 31 IV in SDEF and in Speed allowed him to tank ancient powers, and hit first! Without him, Funky Gunky and Mustard would have had issues winning it for us. Regardless, thanks for the praise, and I hope you're enjoying this, despite how poorly written it may be!

Nah, it's great! Don't underestimate yourself! Give it some colour with gif sprites from here http://www.pokestadium.com/tools/sprites and it will be perfect! ;)