Favorite Canon Areas

Fumble

Just curious (bc i dont want to study), what are your favorite areas in the canon games? I personally don't have a favorite, but here's a bunch of areas that I love, mainly for their aesthetic/uniqueness:

Castelia City (Unova): I live in New York, and I feel like Castelia's captured New York City perfectly - the skyscrapers, the sewers, the masses of people getting in your way, etc. Though I feel that the subway and port should be a lot dirtier... But anyway, it's definitely one of my all time favorite locations.

Lumiose City (Kalos): Similarly to Castelia, Lumiose is huge, and I especially love the Prism Tower and all of the little shops and cafes. The only real downside for me is how big and confusing it is, but I really love it being in the center of Kalos, with all of the people and Pokemon there.

Abandoned Ship (Hoenn): One of the few non-residential areas on this list, but the Abandoned Ship has always been one of my favorite areas thanks to its aura of mystery and little secrets. And even though it seems like a desolate area, I like how this ship is truly full of life, with both aquatic Pokemon and Trainers seeking adventure.

Po Town (Alola): Team Skull is best team. (Really though, I love the idea of a town invaded by a villainous team and all the little details like the graffiti and how the Pokemon Center charges you, albeit a very small price)

Nimbasa City (Unova): The main part of this city for me is the amusement park - even though it's honestly super lacking, the ferris wheel scene was always one of my favorite things about BW and I loved Elesa's Gym, which is surprising considering I've found most Gyms in the Pokemon series to be a bit lacking in terms of design.

Snowpoint City (Sinnoh): Sinnoh was the region I started playing with, so even though I don't really like Gen 4 for some reason, Snowpoint City has always been one of my favorite areas ever. I love the quiet atmosphere, the music (I still hum the tune occasionally), and the snow - especially the diamond dust on those certain days it appears! Also my cover picture is actually Namie-kun's fanart of the city, recommend you check out her art!! #shamelesspromotion

Ecruteak City (Johto): Ecruteak City is probably one of the only areas from Johto I like, mainly because I like the traditional Japanese style and lore of the Burned Tower. Plus the autumn trees are really pretty and I also really like the Kimono Girls!

Konikoni City (Alola): Konikoni City has something I've wanted in Pokemon for a long time: a street filled with nothing but merchants and little shops. I really like markets like Konikoni, so I'm kinda disappointed by its small size, but I really like its concept!

Laverre City (Kalos): Laverre City is so cool and mystical and I really like the natural look of the big mushrooms and autumn trees and everything and and and the Gym is so cool and it's in a tree and it's like a dollhouse and it's Fairy type and WOO 

Poni Meadow (Alola): Poni Meadow is GORGEOUS and my favorite of the "four" (sorry Ula'ula, you were a close second) (technically 4 but really 3 because ORICORIO PA'U WAS ROBBED). The purple flowers and the trees and the terrain and AAAA using the pokefinder here gives a super nice view it's just super pretty

Sootopolis City (Hoenn): Sootopolis City is really interesting to me because it's in a freaking crater. I love how it's only accessible through Fly/Dive, and it just looks really cool too. Also really like how the history of the city goes! plus wallace's oras design... hehe

Almia Castle (Almia): Moving on to less "official" regions but Almia Castle's super interesting to me design-wise and appearance-wise. I especially like how this castle is, like, super frozen. There's some pretty cool (and slightly infuriating) little puzzles, and I like how you have to light torches to get through. Ice is probably my favorite of the Dim Sum admins, too (though honestly, couldn't the creators think of any other name for him?).

Coral Sea (Oblivia): Honestly I remember always hating this area because I remember being stuck here for a while, but aesthetically, this is one of my favorite areas from Guardian Signs. I find underwater areas IRL just really pretty in general, and Hoenn's diving routes always sorta felt bland and lacking, but Coral Sea does not disappoint. It's just super colorful and vibrant!

Honorable Mentions: Route 113 (Hoenn), Sunyshore City (Sinnoh), Dreamyard (Unova), Undella Town (Unova), Reflection Cave (Kalos), Dendemille Town (Kalos), Route 15 (Kalos), Brooklet Hill (Alola), Ula'ula Meadow (Alola), Abandoned Thrifty Megamart (Alola), Aqua Resort (Oblivia), Faldera Volcano (Oblivia), Capim Town (SMD), Noe Town (SMD), Sahra Town (SMD) - just saying I feel like SMD should've done so much more with these last 3 locations; they aren't even required areas in-game which is a shame because I honestly find them being really nice to look at and just be in :[

Slightly Less Honorable Mention: Fortree City (Hoenn) - Good concept, bad execution imo

N's Castle (B2W2) - Returning to the ruins of Team Plasma's greatest failure and getting a glimpse at N's childhood under the care of Ghetsis (reflected by the creepy music in N's room) which is one of my favorite themes in Pokemon. All leading up to an epic battle with N and Zekrom/Reshiram.

Icirrus City - Two things I like about this place. Team Plasma's Shadow Triad continue to challenge you in Ghetsis' name and the ex-Team Rocket guy from Gold/Silver. A nice throwback to gen 2 and seeing him move on with his life is something you wouldn't see if Giovanni hadn't left.

Lavender Town (RBY) - A dismal place where trainer's go to grieve. The original creepy theme and the birthplace of Ghost Pokemon. They were so terrifying your Pokemon couldn't fight back. It's also the site of a rare (possibly only?) event in which humans, in this case, Team Rocket, actually kills a Pokemon.

Edited by Animefan666

• Global Mods

Kanto: Celadon City, Saffron City, Pokemon Mansion

Johto: Ecruteak City, Goldenrod City

Hoenn: Abandoned Ship/Sea Mauville, Route 119, Route 120, Lilycove City, Sootopolis City, Slateport City, Battle Frontier, Meteor Falls, Route 113

Sinnoh: Sunyshore City, Team Galactic HQ, the lakes

Unova: Undella Town, Humilau City, N's Castle, Plasma Frigate

Kalos: Laverre City, Route 15

Alola: Po Town, Aether Founation, Hano Grand Resort, Konikoni City, Wela Volcano Park, the beach with the black sand south of Tapu Village, Malie City + Garden, Poni Island in general, Exeggutor Island, probably literally everywhere actually. Alola has gorgeous scenery. 

Ooohh this a a fun prompt.

Kanto: Seafoam Islands. Not a Gen 1 fan, but I do like desolate ice areas

Johto: Ruins of Alph? (Idk)

Hoenn: Sootipolis City: A striking city with one of my favorite themes. Imagine what it would be like to actually be there though. Gives a little bit of a Mediterranean vibe in my opinion. 

Sinnoh: Valor Lakefront. Also partly because of the theme, but I love resort aesthetic. It brings me much calm.

Unova: Lacunosa Town. Ok theme is really important to me, but it was also between Undella/Black City/Opulucid. I hate tradition myself, but entering this walled city is a magical experience.

Kalos: Coumarine City. Another resort like area. Low key reminds me of where I live with it's small harbor+ changes in altitude. 

Haven't played Gen 7 though oops... 

I'll give this a go

Kanto: One Island: I liked the small seaside town and the route leading up to Moltres.

Johto: Tohjo Falls because of the shite anagram

Hoenn: Nowhere. I don't really like Hoenn's map. ORAS Mauville is pretty cool though

Sinnoh: Route 16, 17 pretty much the entire road up to Snowpoint

Unova: Castelia Sewers Route 10. I will always remember you. RIP

Kalos: Ambrette town. Idk I just like the stairs leading down into the town

Didn't go to Aloha. Don't want to either